WRX vs RX8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs RX8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; which car is likely to win if both are stock>...

WRX vs RX8

which car is likely to win if both are stock>

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User ill Underground's Avatar
    the WRX..........all day.
    2002 Subaru WRX Black Sedan, K&N Air Filter, KartBoy Short shifter Greddy Turbo Timer, limo tint. HKS catback,

From a dig the wrx would own it. From a roll it would be close
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

I'm putting my bet on the brittney mobile.

wrx should win. i have driven both and after driving the RX-8, i was severely disappointed and even though i love the look, couldnt bring myself to drive something that would be like having a ferrari with a 45hp.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    wrx should win. i have driven both and after driving the RX-8, i was severely disappointed and even though i love the look, couldnt bring myself to drive something that would be like having a ferrari with a 45hp.
    exactly... not impressed with the RX - 8 ... all show no go
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

dig, you should have him IF YOU CAN DRIVE

roll, expect to have him edging you out above 70mph
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

From 60-120 I was neck-neck with an RX8 on the interstate(started in 3rd gear)...when I shifted into 5th however he started to creep ahead. I have a stock wagon and we both had 2 people but I had a crap load of stuff in my car coming back from vacation (Couldn't even see out of the rear view mirror). It appeared all he had was exhaust and a big a$$ wing.

I raced a RX8 with my 05 wrx with lightweight pulley and up-pipe in third i would creep on him in 4th we were dead even.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Yeah mazda screwed up....it would kick your ass on the twisties from what I hear though....

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    Yeah mazda screwed up....it would kick your ass on the twisties from what I hear though....
    yeah, most modern mazda's handle phenominally for what they are
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    I hate to say it but my wife's Mazda 3s with the 160hp engine is a bit&h to lose in the twisties...all I can do is hang with her until we hit a straightaway and I can pull on her but it handles like it is on rails. I have seen road tests where they pull .87-.89g on the skidpad. On the other hand though it is all or nothing. Her car handles great up to it's limit and then it breaks away and the back slides out. My WRX on the other hand is much more forgiving in the twisties.

I have an RX-8 & a WRX wagon and would have to say the rx-8 handles incredibly well, has smooth consistent acc. through the rpm range, and is more responsive up top (80+). But put em head to head on a 1/4 mile drag strip and I would bet on the scooby.

I'd agree with rolzrex - my last car was an RX8, and you'd have a hard time topping them after about 80mph. They have great top end even though they have a tougher time from a dig. I had mine to 142 with room to go. My scooby would smoke it from a dig, but don't be fooled - if you have to race one from a roll, they have no turbo lag and the power comes on quickly. It would be a tight race. One thing to remember with them is that they are basically all stock. The RX8 aftermarket isn't as developed as the Subaru. All they can really get easily is exhaust - very limited engine management and turbos are a pain in the rear and unreliable. Word is that the next Mazdaspeed version will be turbo and pushing 300hp or so. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beauty
    Word is that the next Mazdaspeed version will be turbo and pushing 300hp or so. We'll see.
    Yeah, we all know about Mazda promises (as far as "claimed" hp goes)
    - Local Riceist

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.