Fun runs the other night - M3 & C5 (a bit long)

This is a discussion on Fun runs the other night - M3 & C5 (a bit long) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sunday night me and a friend drove up to rochester to meet some friends and hit a couple hangout spots. ...

Fun runs the other night - M3 & C5 (a bit long)

Sunday night me and a friend drove up to rochester to meet some friends and hit a couple hangout spots. So one of the kids we're meeting up has an E46 M3 and they've been trying to get us together for a while so we could race.

Well when he meets us he has his C5 Vette, or as I soon find out his dads (as both these cars I now learn are his dads). So any way they say we have to follow him and hes gunna trade the Vette for the M3. It was light traffic so we managed to catch a few open streatches to play around on in the 55mph+ area. The only races we got side by side were very close but most of them short (40-90, 55-100 stuff like that) due to catching up to traffic ( I was surprised a bit, I thought he would pull more). He would pull on me and I would pull on him depending on were we went from, but never very quickly for either of us. Didnt get to run him from a stop, but I think it would have been pretty bad for him (I dont have much faith in him launching that car at all).

Well we got the M3 and headed off. We were in traffic most of the time at this point and didnt get to race till later in the night. Finally around 10-11ish we were cruising through some 2 lane roads with no traffic, we get an open streach and line up at almost exactly 65mph. I hold it in 3rd and beep 3 times. On the 3rd beep I nail it and instantly start to creep past him very slowly, we let off at about 120 with him a little bit behind me. My friend in pass. seat said it looked like 4 cars, I think it was more like 1 1/2 to 2, but idk that doesnt seem right. Laiter on we hit a clear redlight and got to go from a stop. I nailed the launch, spun for a split secnod and took off on him, I pulled about a car in 1st, another in 2nd and by 3rd I was inching away slowly, about 2 cars ahead at 75ish when i let off.

All runs that we did were with one passanger in each car. I Called both races about a wash, as with a little better driver in either the Vette or M3 I think it would have been about even or with at least the vette pulling slightly. I'm just pumped to know that I can play with cars like these, not that theres many around here, but by the end of the summer I should be able to pull readily on either just need a few more things.
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 05-31-2005 at 06:12 PM.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dayum. I need to get the VF22 hooked up. Sounds like you had lots of fun. Way to represent the '04 WRXs!

T

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    Dayum. I need to get the VF22 hooked up. Sounds like you had lots of fun. Way to represent the '04 WRXs!

T
    +1, this makes me want to get me VF22 setup up and running as well.

so wait... a stage 2.5 wrx can hang with a new vette?

whats a stage 2 sti going to do against one?
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Padge
    so wait... a stage 2.5 wrx can hang with a new vette?

whats a stage 2 sti going to do against one?
    This was a previous gen corvette (c5) not the newest one (c6). The c6 would destroy most wrx's, even stage 2.5
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson