96-98 Mustang GT goes down hard

This is a discussion on 96-98 Mustang GT goes down hard within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It's like Memorial Day weekend kicks of summer and out of the woodwork everyone is trying their luck with me. ...

96-98 Mustang GT goes down hard

It's like Memorial Day weekend kicks of summer and out of the woodwork everyone is trying their luck with me.

The wifey sends me out for a couple of groceries so off I go. On the way back I hit a light before I enter into a long strip of flat road. Behind me another light lets out and from around the bend a 96-98 Mustang GT comes up on my driver's side. I look over in the corner of my eye and get that "Here we go again feeling" . Light turns green and I ease out into first. As I shift into second he punches it and here we go. He pulls on me by one car since I wasn't into boost yet. Boost kicks in and I reel him nice and quick. Into 3rd gear I started to pull past him and put cars on him. Getting into 4 gear is was buses and he just gave up.

I guess he thought I was another kid with a "basketball launcher" exhaust.

Looks like its going to be a fun summer.
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill man, I love it when those cars try to play with me. I never instigate with anyone, but my car looks (for the most part) stock on the outside, and I love the look on their faces when I blow past them, or even when I keep up with some of them, and I can tell they thought they would smoke me. They never think that my little 4 door has a chance against their "american muscle". Its alot the area I live in though, I know a ton of musclecar guys that are mad cool and I've owned my share of detroit iron.

Those bodystyle mustangs are usually dogs, but it seems like everyone I meet that has one thinks its the fastest thing on earth.....cant wait till I run into one this summer
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Tell me about it

I used to own a 2003 Mustang and worked on Pony Cars for about 16 years. I know specs on all the fuel injected stangs and know which ones that roll up are going to be fun runs or not. 96-98 Mustangs made around 215-225 hp on the 4.6 modular motor they run. They are slow as sin and Ford took note of this. In 1999, the motor was given a newer set of heads that flowed so much better than the earlier models. Ford had them listed as "P.I. Heads" for "Performance Improved". Those cars made 260hp and where a bit more mod friendly.

The way I pulled on this guy made my think he was probably stock. Even with mods, those heads killed the top end performance of the car.

Like you, my car looks like a stock wrx with a big angled exhaust out the back. It's fun at the end of a run when people are shocked at what a 4 banger can do.

Yea I know what you mean, I like to know my enemy so I keep up on all types of cars. I've also owned and worked on mustangs and camaros in the past, so I know which ones are worth taking seriously.

I like to educate the ignorant though so If they instigate with me its their coffin 9 times outa 10, I like to show them imports can be fast too (theres very few other fast imports around me, lots of stock domestics running thier mouths though)
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Yeah it's going to be one of those summer.. This past weekend I added 2 Mustang GT's under mu belt.. 1st one was a the same gen as the one you put down. I knew he was beat when I saw him get on it and white smoke puffed out the back.

The 2nd one was a newer one (not the 05/06) but from a roll I could only match him but from light to light he got a good view of my plates.

nice kill, matt
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Mercy kill!

Time to find one of the newer 2005s for a run. With 300hp, should make for a nice run.