My shoe vs Silver WRX Wagen
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My shoe vs Silver WRX Wagen within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all, Normally I don't do this. FWY racing. If you can even call it that. Last nite on 280N ...

My shoe vs Silver WRX Wagen

Hi all,
    Normally I don't do this. FWY racing. If you can even call it that.
    Last nite on 280N CA near the San Mateo bridge I encounter a rather nice WRX wagen. Silver purchased from Santa Cruz, with an obvious nice sound in its exhaust. Rota wheels? Couldn't tell...wheels spinning too fast . My first attempt to race it caught me lagging, and I didn't want to wake up my copilot. She was sound asleep .

So, I slowly caught up to him again... Me admiring his car, and him probably laughing at my shoe. I was about to gun it, and lucky enough to look behind me. Saw the telltale head lights of a Ford Caprice. Hmm..CHP? Most definately!!! We both watched the CHP slowly exit. Time for some fun. I was having a blast. The guy (hey if you're on this board!! Sweet ride man!!) and I still wanted to play. So, I dropped it into 4th, gunned it...redlined 4th at 120MPH, shifted to 5th...and then slowed down. I know he was playing with me...he kept up really well. But hey...it was all good man. We had way fun. We gave each other the thumbs up and waved.

Props man. If you're on this board, let's meet up for a drive with some other WRXers. Watch my silver shoe fly by

-LostLamb
    Matt
    Uh guys? After I read this post I went out to take a look at my WRX. There seems to be some bird poop on the drivers side A-pillar and almost all of the windshield washer fluid is gone. Should I trade it in for a Ford ZX2 or just light in on fire?

God I miss my rex. -Koyokid

Rest in peace Koyokid.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what do you drive?
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Hey erb0rt, I drive a Z3 3.0 Coupe.
    Fun drive...no where as fast as a mod'ed WRX.

stock for stock it's a close race between the two cars.

-Lostlamb
    Uh guys? After I read this post I went out to take a look at my WRX. There seems to be some bird poop on the drivers side A-pillar and almost all of the windshield washer fluid is gone. Should I trade it in for a Ford ZX2 or just light in on fire?

Rest in peace Koyokid.

when you said shoe I ept thinkning you drove and Audi TT because Ive heard them referred to shoes on wheels. that Z3 is a nice ride. Any mods??
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

I miss 280N

That could have been KurleeDaddee's wagon...but i'm sure there's tons of wrx's in Sf nowadays.

120 w/ g/f asleep...that's one quiet car you have...280 is a smooth freeway (quite possibly the best for those that don't know),but not that smooth.

I don't know of many common mods that help the top end of a wrx significantly except a bigger turbo. An indication of a turbo upgrade is usually a larger scoop (Sti) or fmic (you can't miss that cause the badass pipes replace the fogs). So if you didn't see either of these then being north of 80 mph, I doubt the guy was toying w/ you.

When I first saw your post, I thought you were anticipating when I returned to CA w/ my car...(Silver Wagon)
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by QuickSilver
    I miss 280N

That could have been KurleeDaddee's wagon...but i'm sure there's tons of wrx's in Sf nowadays.

Sorry buddy. I don't drive a wagon. But it wasn't me. I have a blue sedan. You should go over to BAIC on I-Club and post this up. You'll get a response. Might not be positive one, but you'll get one.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

Originally posted by QuickSilver
    I miss 280N
    me too... don't miss 680 though. that thing is so bottlenecked, not even funny.

*sigh* the bay area.... the best place to be.
    www.realultimatepower.net

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    when you said shoe I ept thinkning you drove and Audi TT because Ive heard them referred to shoes on wheels. that Z3 is a nice ride. Any mods??
    Hey PolarisSnT,
    No mods. Just shorter shift and a clutch stop. Everything else is stock. Need a new exhaust though

Anyways...Quicksilver...I'll be sure to make you eat my dust around HWY 35

hehe

680!! eeeew

-LostLamb

Rest in peace Koyokid.

Re: My shoe vs Silver WRX Wagen

Originally posted by LostLamb
    Saw the telltale head lights of a Ford Caprice. Hmm..CHP? Most definately!!! We both watched the CHP slowly exit. Time for some fun. I was having a blast. The guy (hey if you're on this board!! Sweet ride man!!) and I still wanted to play. So, I dropped it into 4th, gunned it...redlined 4th at 120MPH, shifted to 5th...and then slowed down. I know he was playing with me...he kept up really well. But hey...it was all good man. We had way fun. We gave each other the thumbs up and waved.

-LostLamb
    Matt
    Um, Matt. Chevrolet used to make the caprice. Most highway patrol vehicles are FORD CROWN VICTORIA "INTERCEPTORS."

-Jim

ahhhhhh smooth stretches of freeway ROCK!! they just repaved the I-84 here on the east side of Portland.........man is that a sweet ride when its not all jammed up!!! seems like youre doing 35 at 135...... not that I've EVER done that of course *smirks*
    DML

Re: Re: My shoe vs Silver WRX Wagen

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

Um, Matt. Chevrolet used to make the caprice. Most highway patrol vehicles are FORD CROWN VICTORIA "INTERCEPTORS."

-Jim
    Jim...you are OBSOLUTELY right!! Doh. Hahaha. I can't believe I said that!! It's now documented too!! Damn.

Anywoo it was a Crown Vic. Not a Caprice.

hahahahaha

-Matt

Rest in peace Koyokid.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.