300zx Knowledge needed...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 300zx Knowledge needed... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What is the most whp a turbo'd 300z could see from all bolt ons and still have its stock turbos ...

300zx Knowledge needed...

What is the most whp a turbo'd 300z could see from all bolt ons and still have its stock
    turbos ?

Fmic, fuel control, eng. mgmnt, turbo back exhausts, injectors, etc...

I just ran one and he stayed pretty close...I won but it was real tight..only beat em by like a car. He says he's "fully bolted up"..but still has stock turbos ???

I didnt think they could be that fast on stockers ?...am I wrong or was he lying ?
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

in order to kill the enemy you must be on his forums.....

http://www.300zxclub.com/
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Yes you must know them like your best freind. Let the trolling begin.

On a side note I know a guy in town who makes 468rwhp in one. So fast.

Quote Originally Posted by 13secwrx
    What is the most whp a turbo'd 300z could see from all bolt ons and still have its stock
    turbos ?

Fmic, fuel control, eng. mgmnt, turbo back exhausts, injectors, etc...

I just ran one and he stayed pretty close...I won but it was real tight..only beat em by like a car. He says he's "fully bolted up"..but still has stock turbos ???

I didnt think they could be that fast on stockers ?...am I wrong or was he lying ?
    Depends who is doing the tuning and how well the car has been treated. A couple buddies of mine had matching 95 Z's on stock turbo's making about 360whp.... That was just with exhaust, EBC, FMIC.

BUT, There is a place where I got my exhaust work done on my rex called "ultimate Z tuning" and they specialize in Z cars. While the techs were working on my car I was speaking with the owner (owns a 350Z, and two 300ZX's) and he was showing me some of the cars at his place. He has 4 300ZX's (he garages his buddies cars there too) making just under 500rwhp on stock turbo's and several other pushing over 400whp on bolt on's (and stock turbo's). he said with good tuning on a good conditioned Z, bolt on stuff will run upto and over 400whp on those cars (with stock turbo's).
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

i've heard close to 400 with the stock twins. from a buddy in our car club with a 300tt
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I have read around 400-450hp with stock turbos is most common. Good luck, they should be mean from a roll.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

yeah but also on a stock turbo with bolts ons. many 300zx's have engine problems and tunes up are very common almost every month. so i wouldnt doubt 400 or so. also depends on the yr. the 96's are not a soild engine as the 93-95's are.

I have a few buddies with 300zxs, some with stock turbos, some without , but generally everyone is in the ballbark that the quoted but a little high, they tell me on stock turbos your not going to break 400 on pump
    I claim no responsibility for unintentional offense.

Yeah well to hang w/me he had to be up there...See I didnt think they could get to the 400 level w/just bolt ons...so I was suspect...I feel much better now that he couldve been up there.

He had a FMIC, boost controller, exhaust, apexi something, he said a computer of some sort (chip), and he was boosting 12lbs ??? on pump. Not quite sure. But I do feel better now. I thought my car was having a problem.

It was from a roll and at about 30 mph. I actually pulled later vs. earlier. but again I only beat him by about a car. He was at my bumper the whole time. Oh and it was a 90 but it looked in great shape. At least asethetically
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

My cousin in law just finished his 300z, dropped a skyline motor in it, a turbo about the size of a basketball running at 35 psi and dynoed around 800hp at the wheels. From my understanding, its the first 300z/skyline motor swap that was able to retain the factory hood. Perfect sleeper, well, to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lit Fuse
    My cousin in law just finished his 300z, dropped a skyline motor in it, a turbo about the size of a basketball running at 35 psi and dynoed around 800hp at the wheels. From my understanding, its the first 300z/skyline motor swap that was able to retain the factory hood. Perfect sleeper, well, to some extent.
    My ****ing god that is soo damn sick, how much money did he spent on the engine + installment do you know?

Hey Will some info for you

If what the guy you ran said was true mod wise, he was definatly between 350-400 whp. Have a look at this link for some info.....

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0403it_300zx/

Stock a 300ZX puts down around 223whp / 233 wtq. Import turner mag does horrorible tune jobs, but they always seem to get some sort of gains. The real magic comes from a company named Jim Wolfe Technologies. The key to making real power out of the 300ZX is in the ECU. His ECU reflash converts the turbo system from sequential to inline and also raises the boost. His reflash has been proven to put down an easy 60+ hp. The other go fast goodies that make this car fly is a SS Exhaust from B&B technologies which is a true dual system than really show gains. Don't forget to add your test pipes and lose those 12 year old clogged cats. The air filter system was single box that fed both turbos and choked the car. JWT makes a system that uses two cone filters and makes the car breathe like a monster.

Those are the usual list of bolt ons people do and the results are awesome. Add a front mount and you have a seriously fast car.

Good win, you ran a quick car!
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

i've read from (probably import tuner) that you can hit 400 on stock turbos.. so i guess it's all true.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey
    I have a tauren shaman level 52 on the Tichondrious server.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotguntc88
    Try going without underwear (old hippie day thing that I never got over)

Pee dribbles on your jeans when you park it back in.

The Z turbos were NEVER sequential - what a load of hooey.

Z mods are also the most overpriced and overhyped I've ever seen. The "retuned ECU" comes with "restrictor pills" for the wastegate lines. Where do you think the power comes from - the magic ECU or the extra boost from the 30 cent parts?
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    In a time of anger because my car kept breaking stuff, I was considering getting a 300zx tt. From what I read, like others have alkready said, 400whp is about what they'll make on pump with the stock turbos. I was surprised to see that twin PE1820's is a fairly popular (albeit expensive) upgrade for those cars...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.