300zx Knowledge needed... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 300zx Knowledge needed... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I hope he had close to 400whp...cuz he was really close.......

I hope he had close to 400whp...cuz he was really close....
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm not really sure what he spent on everything although I know everything was very expensive considering most of it came from Japan. The exhaust manifold from Japan was a work of art itself. The craftsmanship was unreal. He has been working on the car for more than a year and I remember him saying the skyline motor was around 10 grand, but don't hold me to that. I think his gas bill is going to be the highest. He currently has five 55 gallon drums of 124 octane racing fuel in his garage for the car. Imagine what that costed. The funny thing, he's only 25 years old. Young guy for such fancy toys, and this isn't his first fast car. He had a 1st generation eclipse good for about 400hp, but kept snapping half shafts, then a tt stealth that had about 550hp and put that in a ditch one late night and caught on fire and totaled the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 13secwrx
    I hope he had close to 400whp...cuz he was really close....
    were you on your 93 or 100 octane map?
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

93.. My utec pulled a little timing in 4th gear..but not much just for a second.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

I stand corrected

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    The Z turbos were NEVER sequential - what a load of hooey.

Z mods are also the most overpriced and overhyped I've ever seen. The "retuned ECU" comes with "restrictor pills" for the wastegate lines. Where do you think the power comes from - the magic ECU or the extra boost from the 30 cent parts?

I stand corrected, I take it you had one them. My friend had a Z32 years ago and I was going off of memory what he had done. I remember him telling me the turbos would come on one at a time and that an ecu from JWT made a big difference. He didn't go into detail as to how or why, I just took it for what it was. His car was very fast, but it could not hook for anything. The car was insane on the highway and was a really fun drive.
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

The VG30DETT is essentially like 2 independent 3 cylinder motors each with it's own turbo. Each bank has it's own intake-turbo-exhaust. Is that figure of 223 hp stock at the wheels correct??? That's over 25% driveline loss stock as bad as a WRX driveline loss! Shouldn't it be closer to 250 whp?

The 300ZX TT is no joke. It's a beast. Tell me how cheap are Supra mods? I doubt the prices are all that different. They start out as expensive cars they always are expensive.

Ive been posting on 300zxclub.com...some cool guys..a couple not so cool...

They all seem to think that w/the gearing a 300z shouldve been that close and some think he shouldve won...

300z w/around 350whp and 3500lb curb weight
    vs
    wrx w/around 390whp and 3100lb curb weight.....at what point should I not pull him and pull him hard...gearing should never make that much of a difference.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Sounds like they're tards. At no point will a car with such a hp deficit be able to pass you (or even keep up) until you're out of gear period. Whoever you ran had a lot more than stock under the hood. I've seen the stock twins do 109 with basically all the supporting mods. I doubt they have much more left in them, and I also believe your car should be waaayyy over 109 traps.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Im hoping on race to trap around 120-125 and on pump to trap 115-119...well see soon.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.