WRX goes down to a TII!!

This is a discussion on WRX goes down to a TII!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; All: I'm glad to have found this forum. I love the WRX and am fascinated with racing them! I have ...

WRX goes down to a TII!!

All:

I'm glad to have found this forum. I love the WRX and am fascinated with racing them! I have a 10th Anniversary RX7 (white with white rims), and I was on my way back to the Bay Area after the Sevenstock in Irvine, CA. This WRX was hyped up with big 4" exhaust tips (looked like Apex N1), and I don't know what else he had but I got behind him and he punched it from an 80mph roll.. I came around him fairly early on in 4th and was about to pass him when there was another car in my lane.

The guy was cool about it and gave me the thumbs up. I am anxious to run some of these with my Probe turbo as well.

Mods on my RX7:

o Greddy Exhaust from turbo back
    o New motor
    o T04E turbo upgrade
    o Haltech EMS
    o Bonez 3" intake
    o 720cc Secondaries
    o 3rd gen Fuel pump

-Tboost

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

R-1 says "yer owned".

Hey TBoost...I've never raced a stock RX-7. Actually The only RX-7 I care to beat is my friend's 400 plus hp RX-7. His car is so nice. I love it. He's the one who talked me into getting my WRX, just so he can see how he can perform against it. I'm no where near being able to beat him, but I will soon
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by WRXin'
    Hey TBoost...I've never raced a stock RX-7. Actually The only RX-7 I care to beat is my friend's 400 plus hp RX-7. His car is so nice. I love it. He's the one who talked me into getting my WRX, just so he can see how he can perform against it. I'm no where near being able to beat him, but I will soon
    Is this 400HP to the wheels? If so, you will need over that to the wheels to beat one. And even then it won't be on the roll along..

Good Luck!!

-M

Originally posted by TBoost

Is this 400HP to the wheels? If so, you will need over that to the wheels to beat one. And even then it won't be on the roll along..

Good Luck!!

-M
    I honestly don't know. He runs 11's, does that sound like it's to the wheels or crank to you? I guess I could ask, huh? I'll find out and let you know. As for what I need to beat him, I know I have to do A LOT! I can fantasize for now
    Fahd

I just talked to my friend...he has an incredible 405 hp to the wheels. My hopes of kicking his arss just got delayed. Oh well, it took him a couple of years to get all that power. I've only had my car for almost 6 months. When I'll have had it for two years also I'll hopefully have a respectable amount of power
    Fahd

LOL! Ok.. now we are talking!

See ya in a couple of years....hehehehehe

-tboost

I'll be there So how much hp are you pushing?
    Fahd

Your Turbo II Rx7 is slow compared to a wrx. I own the same car as you the 1988 mazda rx7 10th anniversary edition. There is now way in hell that you can beat a WRX unless you are moded. I think that wrx guy was just playing with you. I love my 10th anniv. but i also know it cant beat a wrx.
    Fast drivers are aware drivers

Re: WRX goes down to a TII!!

Mazdryk: I'm not sure if this was listed when you posted, but it's apparent that his RX7 isn't exactly stock.

Originally posted by TBoost
    All:

Mods on my RX7:

o Greddy Exhaust from turbo back
    o New motor
    o T04E turbo upgrade
    o Haltech EMS
    o Bonez 3" intake
    o 720cc Secondaries
    o 3rd gen Fuel pump

-Tboost

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

His car will probably eat low 12s rexes from a roll. His car is probably @ 12s in the quarter? His car being the rx7

Originally posted by BamBooI
    His car will probably eat low 12s rexes from a roll. His car is probably @ 12s in the quarter? His car being the rx7
    Yes, I believe I'm in the 12s. I haven't run the car at the track but I can come around Camaro SSs (stock) by 3rd gear based on racing 3 of them.

I'm putting about 260-280RWHP. RX7s are very light too (especially the 2nd gens).

-M

Originally posted by Mazdryk
    Your Turbo II Rx7 is slow compared to a wrx. I own the same car as you the 1988 mazda rx7 10th anniversary edition. There is now way in hell that you can beat a WRX unless you are moded. I think that wrx guy was just playing with you. I love my 10th anniv. but i also know it cant beat a wrx.
    Yes, stock for stock, the WRX will beat the RX7 T2. I don't know about roll along though. I believe that eventually the T2 will come around the Rex on the top end.

-M