1st kill...Upgraded Turbo'd Grand National - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 1st kill...Upgraded Turbo'd Grand National within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 13secwrx He said it was a GN...maybe he painted it ?... More kills tonight hopefully... He might ...

Quote Originally Posted by 13secwrx View Post
    He said it was a GN...maybe he painted it ?...
    More kills tonight hopefully...
    He might have just said that so he wouldn't have to go through a long explanation on what it is. I have an '87 Regal Limited turbo, but sometimes I'll just say it's "A GN with different paint", just so people kind of "get it"

Quote Originally Posted by beecha91 View Post
    Properly tuned TE-44 turboed GN or Turbo Regal which is probably what you found since it wasnt black will run put it in the 11's. Crazy thing bout Gn's is the will put down say 350whp like he said he did but have like 500 whtq lol. But from a roll your probably trapping at least where he is, should have no problem pulling on him. From a dig tho, Gn's and TR's can brake boost and build boost and the line and probaly come close to out 60 footing our awd advantage. SAME THING as a GN just different trim and colors. Its on the smaller side of the turbo upgrades, its good for someone that wants quick spool on the street still COULD get by with the stock convertor. Further in the 11's if he has all the supporting mods, fmi, ported heads, cam etc etc. I know my Gn gets really hairy over say like 110, I dont feel comfortable driving it at those speeds at all lol. It does one thing GOES IN A STRAIGHT LINE. Car has just regular regal front discs with drums in the rear and regular regal suspension. I feel soo much safer at speed in my wrx, wouldnt chose to be in anything else at those speeds. My .02's

Don
    My Limited's pretty mild, just bolt ons. I have a TA-49, 009 injectors, 3" DP and alky. That's about it. I only have crappy Pep Boys 265 radials on the back at the moment, so my 60's suck. I'm running a decent mph, but get left at the line. Last time at the strip I got spanked twice by an SRT-10 truck with a nitrous bottle in the bed and drag radials, but I trapped 5 mph faster. Ran a 13.09@110.02 to his 12.5@105. I still had to feel good about knowing I'm only tires away from whooping a $40,000+ truck with a $9,000 (total, including the car) Buick, lol . All I need are good tires to be in the low 12's and a bit more tuning to be in the 11's. The goal is to get to 11.7's and call it good. It's just a nice weekend ride to me. It's definitely a one trick pony. The handling is horrendous and the brakes are.... a challenge. Oh well
    The first time I saw an '08 WRX was at the strip that day, I told the guy that I hated them when I saw them on the net, but loved it in person, which was the truth. They're sharp cars, I don't care what anyone says. I'll probably be driving one by next summer. He ran a 14.4@ 95'ish a few times.
    Here's a couple pics of my Buick. Behold, and release your inner mullet !

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's been a few years. Good time to bump!

Well, since everyone is showing off their GNs, I might as well show mine off too.

It's basically stock. I did add some bigger diameter blue plug wires and some nicely painted cardboard floormats. Now if I were only 24 times smaller, I'd hop in it and take it for a test drive.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    It's been a few years. Good time to bump!
    Was that sarcasm?

I know no time boundaries... Besides, I just did a search on GN's, was curious what you guys were saying. You know damned well you lurk on a Mazdaspeed3 board and check to see what they say about WRX's . I would, but I'm kind of f**ked up and eternally bored.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by welby View Post
    Was that sarcasm?
    The world will never know....
    Quote Originally Posted by welby View Post

I know no time boundaries... Besides, I just did a search on GN's, was curious what you guys were saying.
    Nothing but love here

I Support ClubWRX
    Just a wee bit old....
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12