06 Eclipse GT learns a quick lesson
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 Eclipse GT learns a quick lesson within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I ran into one of those new Eclipse GT's today. It had that new different looking body style. I didn't ...

06 Eclipse GT learns a quick lesson

I ran into one of those new Eclipse GT's today. It had that new different looking body style.
    I didn't know they were out yet?

Well we lined up at a red light. We both left the line kind of slow and then nailed the gas in first gear. He tried hard to keep up with me but couldn't hang at all. I had about two cars on him by the second gear shift. By the time I shifted into 3rd gear I had at least 4-5 cars. I ended up at least 6 cars (hard to tell at that distance) in front of him by the time he gave up around 75 - 80mph or so.

I was not impressed at all. The mags say they are just as fast as an SRT-4 in the 1/4 mile. They are suppose to run 14s @ 100mph. I find that hard to believe but who knows.

First 06 Eclipse GT to see on the road and I get a race. What luck

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow as fast as the SRT-4? Yeah right. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm skeptical about their being able to keep up with a WRX stock-for-stock. Nice kill!

for a 3.8l v6, it should be cranking out way more power than 260/260, at least thats the way I see it, Come on, if honda can squeeze 240 from a little 2.2l 4 cylinder, mitsubishi should get a little more from a 3.8l v6,

I spotted a new 3 series today, it was a teenage girl talking on the phone though doing about 40 mph in a parking lot though. I really liked it, it looks alot better in person imo, the pictures make it look really big, but its not as bulky looking in real life.

No offense, but did you really think a 260 hp stock eclipse was going to keep up with a 400 HP GTO??

IMO the new eclipses will probably take a stock WRX from a roll due to the fact that it is a 3.8 Liter engine with lots of HP and Torque. But I also think Mitsu screwed up. Who the heck puts a 3.8 liter V6 in a Import Sports car?? Are they turning into GM?? give me a break...

Not to ruin the moment, still a nice kill but unfortunately for you, you are supposed to beat them that bad... JMHO
    2013 WRX SWP

oh I just realized you have a 05 gto, hehe, the eclipse really didnt have a chance. I thought you were in an sti or something. good kill, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by 05silverWRX
    No offense, but did you really think a 260 hp stock eclipse was going to keep up with a 400 HP GTO??

IMO the new eclipses will probably take a stock WRX from a roll due to the fact that it is a 3.8 Liter engine with lots of HP and Torque. But I also think Mitsu screwed up. Who the heck puts a 3.8 liter V6 in a Import Sports car?? Are they turning into GM?? give me a break...

Not to ruin the moment, still a nice kill but unfortunately for you, you are supposed to beat them that bad... JMHO

The post wasn't to brag about beating a 260hp car with a 400hp car. The main reason for the post was to let people know about the performance of the 06 Eclipse GT. I thought it was slow. It's not anywhere near as fast as an SRT-4 which it is suppose to run dead even with.

I want to race one now... I owned a 2g eclipse before my WRX..
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

Those are FWD. They should at least offer AWD as an option.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    The post wasn't to brag about beating a 260hp car with a 400hp car. The main reason for the post was to let people know about the performance of the 06 Eclipse GT. I thought it was slow. It's not anywhere near as fast as an SRT-4 which it is suppose to run dead even with.
    I gotcha, all I am saying is you beating a car by 4 or 5 car lengths doesn't mean it is slow. That is probably how bad you would beat a stock or slightly modified wrx. Which means the new eclipse is no slouch especially compared to it's predecessor. I wasn't trying to make you sound like a moron, sorry if it came across that way. I hope I run into a new GT someday as well...
    2013 WRX SWP

maybe he hadn't broken in his car yet and was shifting early?

or maybe he deserved to lose that bad. who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey
    I have a tauren shaman level 52 on the Tichondrious server.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotguntc88
    Try going without underwear (old hippie day thing that I never got over)

Pee dribbles on your jeans when you park it back in.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Weight of 3400+ lbs. will hurt the new eclipse.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I love the new GTO's have you had yours at the track yet? I read someone with a 100% stock setup on the 4AT clocked a 13.0x over on l2gto. You have anything done to yours yet? I'm eyeballing one, but if I get one it'll be FI'd quickly

The new eclipses are actually somewhat powerful it seems. A 99mph trap speed is nothing to turn a shoulder to. That will run with an SRT-4 at rolling speeds and walk a stock wrx pretty damn hard. I think 1/4mile times are only in the mid 14's though. Still nonetheless, its a decent car compared to that bastardized piece of sh!t they try and call a 3g eclipse.

I agree though, 05' GTO = secks
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    I love the new GTO's have you had yours at the track yet? I read someone with a 100% stock setup on the 4AT clocked a 13.0x over on l2gto. You have anything done to yours yet? I'm eyeballing one, but if I get one it'll be FI'd quickly

I've had a lot of trouble finding time to go to the track. I'm currently waiting for my
    long tube headers and high flow cats. (they were ordered 6 weeks ago in a group buy?) I was suppose to see them last week but most the 05 GTO stuff is slow coming out.
    I just put an intake on my car last weekend. So with the intake, headers, and drag radials, I should run decent times.

The fastest bone stock 05 GTO that I know of ran 12.8 @ 108 mph. There's one or two others that have run 12.9 @ 108 - 109mph. Then there are quite a few that have run
    13.0s @ 108 - 110mph. All bone stock. These were all done by M6s which seem to be running faster than the Automatics.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 05-26-2005 at 06:12 AM.

I was amazed to find that headers cost more for the gto than the wrx

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast