06 Eclipse GT learns a quick lesson - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 06 Eclipse GT learns a quick lesson within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by John M My response was for those who said the 4g should be turbo and AWD -- ...

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    My response was for those who said the 4g should be turbo and AWD -- that Mitsubishi had already made such a car. I've owned six DSMs (five 1g's, 1 2g), a Galant VR4, an 89 Mirage turbo, and two Stealths. I know a little about their offerings too.
    True, although the new Eclipse doesn't interest me at all, think about what Mitsu is trying to accomplish. They need a car that is going to be a volume car and will appeal to the masses. Most people don't care about all wheel drive, most people think big engines are great. Look at the Mustang. On paper it is a great idea by Mitsu...

Now, will they achieve what they are trying to accomplish?? In my opinion they won't because the market for a car like that is very small these days....
    2013 WRX SWP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 05silverWRX
    True, although the new Eclipse doesn't interest me at all, think about what Mitsu is trying to accomplish. They need a car that is going to be a volume car and will appeal to the masses. Most people don't care about all wheel drive, most people think big engines are great. Look at the Mustang. On paper it is a great idea by Mitsu...

Now, will they achieve what they are trying to accomplish?? In my opinion they won't because the market for a car like that is very small these days....
    what exactly is the car "like that?" a sports car? i think it counts as a sports car, or a sporty car. performance cars are still selling these days. i'm just wondering what you meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey
    I have a tauren shaman level 52 on the Tichondrious server.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotguntc88
    Try going without underwear (old hippie day thing that I never got over)

Pee dribbles on your jeans when you park it back in.

When I said "car like that" I meant that the new eclipse seems to me to be more of a touring sports car. It doesn't really have a nitch, I mean what are it's competitors?? A FWD 2 door car with a good amount of horsepower and over 25k?? Maybe the RSX? I don't know of too many people that are going to shop between WRX, EVO, Mustangs, etc, and the new Eclipse. Of course there are always exceptions, but in general I think that will hold true.

Of course you can say they all have the same relative performance, so why are they not in the same class? People don't cross shop porsches and covettes, if you want a porsche you want a porsche, if you want a vette, you want a vette...

Now that being said, having a unique car can be good. There are no other cars like the Mustang and they sell around 15k a month. I just don't think the eclipse is going to meet the kind of sales numbers that they want.
    2013 WRX SWP

I work for Mitsu(just don't drive one ) I can say that the Eclipse is targeting the 350z, Mustang, RX8, Tiburon, Scion tc, Rsx, and Pontiac G6 Coupe.

I personally would take a Mustang GT for 26k if I had to choose. But for the price it is a good car to take away sales from the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by crippen452
    I work for Mitsu(just don't drive one ) I can say that the Eclipse is targeting the 350z, Mustang, RX8, Tiburon, Scion tc, Rsx, and Pontiac G6 Coupe.

I personally would take a Mustang GT for 26k if I had to choose. But for the price it is a good car to take away sales from the competition.
    Interesting range of targets. The Tibuton, G6 and Scion surprise me but I guess the rest make sense....
    2013 WRX SWP

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234