2G Eclipse and 3G Eclipse

This is a discussion on 2G Eclipse and 3G Eclipse within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A black turbo 2G with a body kit and a maroon 3G with an exhaust and a body kit and ...

2G Eclipse and 3G Eclipse

A black turbo 2G with a body kit and a maroon 3G with an exhaust and a body kit and at least a nitrous purge (not sure if he had the nitrous!) and me all ended up on a three-lane road at a light. It was all good for me as me and the 2G put a few cars on the 3G then I put about a half car on the 2G. At the next light we gave the thumbs up and I asked what he had done. He said the usual and a "turbo upgrade," though I'm not sure what upgrade it was. He should've whomped on me if he had a good upgrade.

Tony

Oh I have an '04 WRX with Cobb Stage II.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill, alot of eclipse owners where i live but they're always modded with bodykits. and alot of eclipse owners i know dont do heavy engine mods cuz their cars break down alot.

and what does 2g and 3g mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinhtage
    nice kill, alot of eclipse owners where i live but they're always modded with bodykits. and alot of eclipse owners i know dont do heavy engine mods cuz their cars break down alot.

I've had a 97 gs-t (2g) and an 02 gt (3g). never had an engine prob. with the 97 only mods i had were intake, tbe. But the interior was another story. with the 02 I had intake, exhuast done sounded real good with the v6, but broke my motor mounts after 40k miles. Both of these cars cannot even compare to my wrx in any performance category or are as practical as the wrx and insurance on the wrx is alot cheaper too. As far as reliability goes I have to wait and see right now I'm cobb stage 1, but will be going to stage 2 in about 1 month. just ordered an Invidia dp trying to deciede on which cat-back and up. Was thinking about Invidia n1 cb and txs up.

2g = 2nd generation
    3g = 3rd generation
    Quote Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey
    I have a tauren shaman level 52 on the Tichondrious server.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotguntc88
    Try going without underwear (old hippie day thing that I never got over)

Pee dribbles on your jeans when you park it back in.

you're lucky, we've got some flying talons/eclipses in Chitown. . . ANYTHING that runs with slicks on all 4 is something to be worried about IMO. Guess those are mostly 1g and 2g's. I've never seen a flying 3g, but I've heard rumors of one locally.

If you beat em, I doubt he had a Turbo upgrade, unless it was a ported and clipped T-25
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    If you beat em, I doubt he had a Turbo upgrade, unless it was a ported and clipped T-25

maybe he drove like you, granny shifter.

just ordered an Invidia dp trying to deciede on which cat-back and up. Was thinking about Invidia n1 cb and txs up.
    my honest opinion about the best sounding exhaust would be the scooby sport. they're expensive but they have the best sound IMO, not to loud but not quiet, and so far i haven't heard of an exhaust that suited me better so far.

to bad i had to sell it to buy a vf30...
    though when i save up money again i might buy another one.

and are 3g eclipse's even worth messin with?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    maybe he drove like you, granny shifter.
    Im too busy tryin to keep her outta the ditches to power shift
    - Local Riceist

Im too busy tryin to keep her outta the ditches to power shift
    Eh, she doesn't have enough power to loose control and slide into a ditch anyways.

Yeah,
    mah VTAK controler is acting up
    - Local Riceist

Yeah,
    mah VTAK controler is acting up
    d00d!!! just set teh Vtak controler to 2k rpms and u will have mad feet pounds of tork d00d!!!!

for the person who asked:

2g = second generation (1995-1999)

3g = third generation (2000-2005)
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

True. Very true. Most of the 1G (first generation) and 2G Eclipses and Talons around here are beefy. And when I say beefy I mean that in a completely hetero way. In fact my friend Chris has a 2G Talon with 576 AWHP that runs 10s -- well usually 11s if it doesn't break. He's selling it if anyone's interested!

Needless to say I don't think he had a turbo upgrade. Maybe he meant a boost controller or BOV or something.