WRX vs BMW 740
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs BMW 740 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced a 740, it was automatic but it was quick. I didn't launch hard at all off the line, ...

str

WRX vs BMW 740

I raced a 740, it was automatic but it was quick. I didn't launch hard at all off the line, I actualy bogged the launch but we were dead even in first. I started to pull in second but he needed to get over in my lane to turn so I slowed down and let him get over. I was stock becuase I had to take off all my mods because I had brought my car into Subaru recently. Thise things are pretty quick for how big they are. We hit some back roads and the guy was playing around but he couldn't handle the turns like the Wagon.
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i saw something on the new 745i that it can do 0-60 in under 6, quick for that big of a car, but im still not sure about the exterior styling
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

At first I didn't think it looked right either, but I love the way the new 740i looks once I saw it in person. I saw one in black with some really nice 20" rims and tinted windows. It looked AMAZING. I couldn't stop looking at it in the parking lot.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

The guy in the next apartment has one - it is sweet. We did a swap and a lap around the block. They are very different animals. Both fast, both faster than they look. BMW is sooooooooooooo luxurious!! mmmmm but it is expensive!
    We were both happy to swap back, but both look at each others cars differently!!

str
    Yeah, i was surprised at the acceleration it had for being such a big car. It doesn't really handle that well though. At least from what I could see. I'm sure the interior is super sweet.
    2004 Black Forester XT

740 is a fast fast car, maybe not at street speeds, but at 150+ that car is smoooth. WRX could probably take it up to the low 100's, but after than it doesn't stand a chance. And yes, I've been in a 740 with 3 other people at speeds well over 150.

jb

my uncle has a 750 and hes modded it himself. i dont know exectly what he has done, but he told me it does the quarter in about 11seconds. its really fast, i saw him once leaving my restaurant and he told me to check this out. well, he was turning left and he still had the wheel turned and he floored it and the whole car started to spin in a circle. that car was fast though! well, this is the thing. he told me that he is leaving for greece, and that he will probably give it to my father for free. so... if i get this car, ill be sooooo happy!

the car actually looks kinda nice, he has dvd player, cd, leather seats, automatic tranny, he fixed by himself this ram air mod and also cutting 'professional' looking holes in the hood for the ram air. at the time being, he is still driving that beast.
    Last edited by ellinopedo182; 10-03-2002 at 02:33 PM.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

My dad has a new 745i. While it's looks may be controversial, the performance is nothing to scoff at. (sound familiar WRX owners?) Stock vs stock, the 745 should be able to keep up with us down low, (0-60 <6 sec, not bad for a 4,500lb car). Up top however, the edge would clearly go to the bimmer. The 4.4 liter V8 has a wide powerband that delivers power on demand at any virtually any speed and gear. This is attributed in part to its Valvetronic technology which eliminates the throttle completely and continuously adjusts the intake valves, providing improved fuel economy and better responsiveness.

What really impressed me though, is the handling. The new 7's are equipped with Active Roll Stabilization. "This new technology employs active two-piece anti-roll bars, each hydraulically twisted in opposite directions to counter body roll. If the car's lateral acceleration sensor determines the 745i is in a 0.4g corner, it would lean 2.8 degrees without ARS; with it, the body rolls a barely noticeable 0.5 degrees. The system works very well, and beyond 0.6g it allows increased body roll to remind the driver that the laws of physics still apply. The active bars also improve ride quality because they are basically disconnected when the car is traveling straight, allowing the wheels to react independently to road irregularities. (Road & Track)"

I tried to push for the M5, but the added luxury of the 7 proved to be the deciding factor. I guess I'll just have to imagine the 'kills' I would've had in the M5
    Last edited by palaban; 10-03-2002 at 04:26 PM.

Originally posted by palaban
    I tried to push for the M5, but the added luxury of the 7 proved to be the deciding factor. I guess I'll just have to imagine the 'kills' I would've had in the M5 [/B]
    Dude, I so feel for you. Maybe when your father dies and you inherit all his $$$ you will be finally able to buy the car you want.

Originally posted by Lord Humongous

Dude, I so feel for you. Maybe when your father dies and you inherit all his $$$ you will be finally able to buy the car you want.
    I already bought the car I wanted - with my own hard-earned money.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't mind driving an M5 if I could.

Originally posted by Lord Humongous

One more thing,

I don't know you, you can keep the crap abou my folks croaking to yourself.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.