Me Vs. 2001 Cobra
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Me Vs. 2001 Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; had a little fun for the first time in a while today.... cruising along and i came up to a ...

Me Vs. 2001 Cobra

had a little fun for the first time in a while today.... cruising along and i came up to a Late Model CObra..... I thought they were 400 HP but i just checked and there 320... so i was thinking why would i waste gas .... we both cruisng around 60 mph when i can hear him keep tapping the throttle... So i give in and give it a go.... Downshift to 3rd and bang... he also hits him and i have the lead up to 105 when i see a light in the distance and shutdown.... had maybe a length on him but i could see him gaining when i was shutting down....

I opened my window to chat.... I gave the "NICE RIDE" .... he said the same to me .... i asked him what year and he said 2001 stock.... must have been but had some graphics on his car..... i closed out the Conversation with " u got to much power up high ( he was surprised when i said that ... he probably thought i was an STI )... but from a standstill we should be even for a little while " .... light turned green and i turned off ... Enough Ware on my engine for one day

o my car looks better at least to me
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

power mods are 3' Catback, EBC set at 14.5 for now , uppipe, TurboSmart BOV
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

A turbo upgrade woulda kept em back there for good
    - Local Riceist

you got pretty lucky and caught him the wrong gear.
    01' cobra should but a few cars on a wrx with uppipe, catback and EBC from a roll.

good kill
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yeah with those mods, he should have you on a roll, but nice run anyway and congrats on the win. The 03-04 Cobras come with 390 HP from the factory, that could have been ugly if he dropped it down to 3rd. Why would he put graphics on a Cobra? That is just plain stupid and a waste of cash for mods.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi
    Yeah with those mods, he should have you on a roll, but nice run anyway and congrats on the win. The 03-04 Cobras come with 390 HP from the factory, that could have been ugly if he dropped it down to 3rd. Why would he put graphics on a Cobra? That is just plain stupid and a waste of cash for mods.
    Yeah i thought i would get toasted .but he could of been in the wrong gear.....

he had the COBRA on the back filled in ( vinyl ) and some crap on the sides....odd...
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhunter

he had the COBRA on the back filled in ( vinyl ) and some crap on the sides....odd...
    someone who puts that crap on a stock cobra has a 95% likely hood to being a crappy driver.

Me thinks thats how you won
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

what were the specs on the 2001 cobras? I know that the mid to late 90s cobras ran low 14s in the 1/4 not sure the mph.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi

Dude...your sig is cracking me up. Posting 1/4 mile times from a dyno?
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

I know I thought it was funny that they ran the 1/4 on the dyno, and the fact the #s aren't close to what the car would run on a track.

Also, many people do put the vinyls in the cobra emblem on the rear, but anything on the sides is kind of weird and F&F. I think the 01's run high 13's stock, just a guess though.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    what were the specs on the 2001 cobras? I know that the mid to late 90s cobras ran low 14s in the 1/4 not sure the mph.

stock 01 cobras run 13.5's at roughly 104-105. that is with a 2.0 60'. if the driver is good he can get them to 13.1-13.2's with drag radials. I sucked when i got mine, what kills most 99+ cobras is their IRS. once they hit their powerband from a stop the car goes into a terrible wheel hop. hence the low 60' times. When mine was stock i ran the numbers i posted. that was with about 10k miles and paper filter stock.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.