Me Vs. 2001 Cobra

This is a discussion on Me Vs. 2001 Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; had a little fun for the first time in a while today.... cruising along and i came up to a ...

Me Vs. 2001 Cobra

had a little fun for the first time in a while today.... cruising along and i came up to a Late Model CObra..... I thought they were 400 HP but i just checked and there 320... so i was thinking why would i waste gas .... we both cruisng around 60 mph when i can hear him keep tapping the throttle... So i give in and give it a go.... Downshift to 3rd and bang... he also hits him and i have the lead up to 105 when i see a light in the distance and shutdown.... had maybe a length on him but i could see him gaining when i was shutting down....

I opened my window to chat.... I gave the "NICE RIDE" .... he said the same to me .... i asked him what year and he said 2001 stock.... must have been but had some graphics on his car..... i closed out the Conversation with " u got to much power up high ( he was surprised when i said that ... he probably thought i was an STI )... but from a standstill we should be even for a little while " .... light turned green and i turned off ... Enough Ware on my engine for one day

o my car looks better at least to me
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

power mods are 3' Catback, EBC set at 14.5 for now , uppipe, TurboSmart BOV
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

A turbo upgrade woulda kept em back there for good
    - Local Riceist

you got pretty lucky and caught him the wrong gear.
    01' cobra should but a few cars on a wrx with uppipe, catback and EBC from a roll.

good kill
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yeah with those mods, he should have you on a roll, but nice run anyway and congrats on the win. The 03-04 Cobras come with 390 HP from the factory, that could have been ugly if he dropped it down to 3rd. Why would he put graphics on a Cobra? That is just plain stupid and a waste of cash for mods.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi
    Yeah with those mods, he should have you on a roll, but nice run anyway and congrats on the win. The 03-04 Cobras come with 390 HP from the factory, that could have been ugly if he dropped it down to 3rd. Why would he put graphics on a Cobra? That is just plain stupid and a waste of cash for mods.
    Yeah i thought i would get toasted .but he could of been in the wrong gear.....

he had the COBRA on the back filled in ( vinyl ) and some crap on the sides....odd...
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhunter

he had the COBRA on the back filled in ( vinyl ) and some crap on the sides....odd...
    someone who puts that crap on a stock cobra has a 95% likely hood to being a crappy driver.

Me thinks thats how you won
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

what were the specs on the 2001 cobras? I know that the mid to late 90s cobras ran low 14s in the 1/4 not sure the mph.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi

Dude...your sig is cracking me up. Posting 1/4 mile times from a dyno?
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

I know I thought it was funny that they ran the 1/4 on the dyno, and the fact the #s aren't close to what the car would run on a track.

Also, many people do put the vinyls in the cobra emblem on the rear, but anything on the sides is kind of weird and F&F. I think the 01's run high 13's stock, just a guess though.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    what were the specs on the 2001 cobras? I know that the mid to late 90s cobras ran low 14s in the 1/4 not sure the mph.

stock 01 cobras run 13.5's at roughly 104-105. that is with a 2.0 60'. if the driver is good he can get them to 13.1-13.2's with drag radials. I sucked when i got mine, what kills most 99+ cobras is their IRS. once they hit their powerband from a stop the car goes into a terrible wheel hop. hence the low 60' times. When mine was stock i ran the numbers i posted. that was with about 10k miles and paper filter stock.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME