Saab 9.2x Aero versus 2005 WRX Wagon

This is a discussion on Saab 9.2x Aero versus 2005 WRX Wagon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As many of you are aware yesterday I traded my 350z for a 2005 WRX Wagon. I started this process ...

Saab 9.2x Aero versus 2005 WRX Wagon

As many of you are aware yesterday I traded my 350z for a 2005 WRX Wagon. I started this process by looking at the Saab 9.2x. After test driving the Saab, I reported the car was a dog, with Saturn like performance (and many of you thought I was nuts). Now that I have my WRX, I can tell for sure: the two Saab 9.2x Aeros, I drove were dogs. They did not have the push into the seat factor that came with my WRX.

Also keep in mind I was beating the cr@p out of those Aeros trying to get some sense of performance. In contrast, I am driving my WRX with tender-breaking-in-loving-care. But there is no doubt the WRX has something between 3000 and 4500 rpms that the Saab lacked, and those Saab's lacked whatever it was completely.

Finally, the Saab dealer in Morton Grove pulled a bait and switch, offering me $23,000 for my Z, but when I came in to finalize the deal changed it to $21,000.

Lessons learned:
    1. Car salesman are weiners, get it in writing.
    2. If you test drive a 9.2x Aero, test drive a WRX wagon too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sweet!! I always wanted to see how the Saabaru would stack up against the real deal.

BTW, does the 9-2 come in sedan form?

Another thing- the GP 9-2X will toast a stock STI. "Toast" being used liberally that is. Pulls to 60 and 1/4mile slightly quicker.

not, the 9 2x does not come in sedan form.

what 9 2 are you talking that will toast a stock STI? surely not the saab 9 2x wagon.. haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

No, the GP 9-2X. Aftermarket tuner. It looks the same as a normal 9-2. I'm tryin to find a link....

Also caranddriver.com has an article that describes the 9.2x Aero interior as more refined than the WRX. I think they were comparing the Saab to a 94 WRX. Except for two tone seats and door panels in the Saab, I think the 9.2x Aero and 2005 WRX wagon are the same on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by dancing_bear
    Also caranddriver.com has an article that describes the 9.2x Aero interior as more refined than the WRX. I think they were comparing the Saab to a 94 WRX. Except for two tone seats and door panels in the Saab, I think the 9.2x Aero and 2005 WRX wagon are the same on the inside.
    they are comparing it to the 02-03 which dont have as nice of an interior, the wrx got a interior overhaul after the 9-2 came out. Congrats on joining the wagon crowd