285WHP WRX!!!! < 200WHP Jetta
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 285WHP WRX!!!! < 200WHP Jetta within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I kinda passed this guy on the interstate with my 1.8t(with some mods) jetta and kinda pulled on him ...

285WHP WRX!!!! < 200WHP Jetta

So I kinda passed this guy on the interstate with my 1.8t(with some mods) jetta and kinda pulled on him because I saw him jump....but he couldn't quite catch up so I didn't know if he was running or not.

I saw him days later and asked if he had it dynoed and he said 285 AWHP with a BoV, 3" ehxaust replacing all the cats and like an intake and some euro tails. I was like and then I went and was discussing it with my friends and we were all like .

I wonder if he was BSing me or if some one was BSing him...he did have a VF30(??) turbo in his trunk waiting for the cash to be installed though...I want to race him then...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

285 to the crank maybe, as long as he's got some kind of Computer Managment ala Cobb, Ecutec, or Utec.

intake and bov

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    So I kinda passed this guy on the interstate with my 1.8t(with some mods) jetta and kinda pulled on him because I saw him jump....but he couldn't quite catch up so I didn't know if he was running or not.

I saw him days later and asked if he had it dynoed and he said 285 AWHP with a BoV, 3" ehxaust replacing all the cats and like an intake and some euro tails. I was like and then I went and was discussing it with my friends and we were all like .

I wonder if he was BSing me or if some one was BSing him...he did have a VF30(??) turbo in his trunk waiting for the cash to be installed though...I want to race him then...
    Don't you know? The Euro tails add at least 50HP. Honestly. Why throw BS around like that? Nobody will give you crap if you tell the truth!!! Will they?

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV

Yea, he'd be lucky to have 200 whp with just that stuff.

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

Quote Originally Posted by dug-e-fresh
    Yea, he'd be lucky to have 200 whp with just that stuff.

def
    I'll give him a little more then 200.. I'd say 220 to the wheels.

BTW who drives around with a turbo in their trunk?

once the turbos in maybe, but sure as hell isnt pulling that now. no way.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

same people that drive around with the fake intercoolers on

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    I'll give him a little more then 200.. I'd say 220 to the wheels.

BTW who drives around with a turbo in their trunk?
    The dahlback racing golf....but um....their turbo is connected to an engine that's actually putting power down to the wheels...

And some porshes too...but I guess it's not technically a trunk on those...

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah yes, the 285whp stock turbo wrx!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Maybe he meant 185 AWHP....

Quote Originally Posted by CyRex
    Maybe he meant 185 AWHP....
    Not unless my hearing's extremely bad. Plus, aren't they running that almost stock, so with the mods he did have he would be pushing more than that....

Yeah I think stock is around 165 whp... Intake wouldn't really give him anything, and I don't think the BOV would either (correct me if I'm wrong...) so the only thing that would be giving him any extra power would be the 3" exhaust, which I'm guessing was turbo-back.. Benefit of the doubt, say he had an uppipe too... Without engine management I don't think he'd be pushing much over 200, if that...

Do those euro tails have EM built in?

Quote Originally Posted by CyRex
    Do those euro tails have EM built in?
    Most guys wont spend the extra $29.95 for the EM built into the tails. Plus if you ever wanted to upgrade your euros to carbon-fiber version you can't use the stock euro tail light EM with those. The CF version uses a stand alone EM not the piggieback version like the standard euros.

He said all the cats were removed and he had some chip of engine management software....still...I don't see 285 at the wheels. It's a possible 285 crank....I would imagine anyways...

Yeah I know that with a TBE and a Cobb AccessPort running Stage 2 is 285 at the crank, so maybe thats what he meant... Still seems like he would have been pulling on you if that were the case though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast