285WHP WRX!!!! < 200WHP Jetta - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 285WHP WRX!!!! < 200WHP Jetta within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by CyRex Yeah I know that with a TBE and a Cobb AccessPort running Stage 2 is 285 ...

Quote Originally Posted by CyRex
    Yeah I know that with a TBE and a Cobb AccessPort running Stage 2 is 285 at the crank, so maybe thats what he meant... Still seems like he would have been pulling on you if that were the case though...
    +1

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wait did he say he had 200WHP? If so then then the WRX guy was probably tryin do to its sh!tty gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    BTW who drives around with a turbo in their trunk?

Just and example, I had to be a bit of a wise guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedBaja

Just and example, I had to be a bit of a wise guy.
    WOOT! For the MR2-T
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    Wait did he say he had 200WHP? If so then then the WRX guy was probably tryin do to its sh!tty gearing.

200whp/250ft lbs tq

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    200whp/250ft lbs tq
    Yeah well I would imagine that with that power you can definately take one from a roll. With that turbo upgrade he may take you tho.

1.8t torque of 250 is all downlow so depending on where they shift, unless you start a roll at like 2nd at 25 or 3rd at 40 they arent that dangerous. Turbo dies out way too quick(too small) My brother(05 wrx) races my friends gli 1,8t with revo downpipe catback intake and he probably has around ur power. My brother with downpipe and custom exhaust takes him. They even start at low rolls so jetta gets jump and as soon as jetta shift my brother reels him in and passes him. Stage 2 wrx will definitely pull on that jetta. I have a lot of expirience racing vw's(all my friends have them). They wanna cry if you wanna do 2nd gear 40mph rolls (its out of there power range) they wanna go more like 2nd 20-25. You gotta race them like 3rd 40 and let them get a jump than reel them in and pass them like they are standing still. Or you go from a dig and make them look really slow (fwd with low end torque= major spin)
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    1.8t torque of 250 is all downlow so depending on where they shift, unless you start a roll at like 2nd at 25 or 3rd at 40 they arent that dangerous. Turbo dies out way too quick(too small) My brother(05 wrx) races my friends gli 1,8t with revo downpipe catback intake and he probably has around ur power. My brother with downpipe and custom exhaust takes him. They even start at low rolls so jetta gets jump and as soon as jetta shift my brother reels him in and passes him. Stage 2 wrx will definitely pull on that jetta. I have a lot of expirience racing vw's(all my friends have them). They wanna cry if you wanna do 2nd gear 40mph rolls (its out of there power range) they wanna go more like 2nd 20-25. You gotta race them like 3rd 40 and let them get a jump than reel them in and pass them like they are standing still. Or you go from a dig and make them look really slow (fwd with low end torque= major spin)
    Yeah well I guess I have to agree with that. But even if they are in 4th? I dont know where he said they were but by the sounds of it it wasnt long at all.

70-110ish.

It pulls hard as hell. around there too. It doesn't really start to die off until 115-120.

On most dyno charts the tq starts dropping off at 3.5k rpm but not too drastically. It's because of the turbo. It can spike 21psi and then settle down to 16psi (i think) at 7k rpm. That's why a lot of people shift at 5.5k-6.5k it's only settling at 19 and 17 respectively I believe. So it's not that bad depending on when you shift. That's why it starts dying off at 115-120. I had my car up to 130 and it was still accelerating pretty quick....but I was going down a hill at the time.

What size exhaust does that guy have? I'm running a 3" catback so it has a little more in the higher rpms, but not much. I don't want to ut a DP on it because I'm planning on doing a turbo upgrade and don't want to waste the money right now.

Yeah, if that guy gets the new turbo put on, I won't be able to hang, but I want to get a t3/t04 or bigger. Some one with the t3 hybrid upgrade was putting down 330 fwhp from what I understand. I want to go higher, but it's such a pain in the ass. I'd have to get a turbo capable of 400whp and have it run 300-350whp and deal with the bigger turbo lag until I could get the money to upgrade the rods and some other internals that like to go when you're pushing more than 350whp out of a 1.8t. It'll be worth it in the end I think.

forgot to add. I remember reading that the wrx would seriously loose momentum in 5th gear. How true is that?

It starts to die off at 4th gear. 1-3 are strong but once you hit 4th is kinda sluggish. 5th is no better.

[QUOTE=AwdTurboWrx]They wanna cry if you wanna do 2nd gear 40mph rolls (its out of there power range) they wanna go more like 2nd 20-25.QUOTE]

not true. My 2nd can do probably 70 and 40's right on to get a good jump with a shift into 3rd. I think 40 in 2nd is probably 3.5k-4k and that's definately in the power band.

Just because the tq starts falling off at 3.5k, doesn't mean that they're ****ty afterwards...

and it all depends on the chip. I'm not sure about revo but the EIP one I have adds 30whp 70ft/lbs tq from the stock numbers. It seems like it's tuned a little more aggressively than some of the others.

And that's the worst thing about all the different chips out there, just because one vw is chipped, doesn't mean that it's putting down the same numbers as one with a different chip...

racing 6 speed vw's here. gli @ 50mph in 3rd gear is already at 4krpm.. so figure what happens at 2nd in 40. I've raced many vw's, i'm not sayin everyone wont do 40mph in 2nd but they wanna go as low as possible cause with that small turbo your spooling and a wrx usually isnt. Now that i have a sti, i'm more like a vw guy, begging for low end rolls cause thats my best chance so i understand better than before. Of course i always love the red light races.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I drive a 5 speed.

I raced a bottle fed focus with some stuff done from 40 in second and it wasn't pretty. We went at the same time and he had instant power while my car was running at about 2k-2.5k rpm and had to take a second to spool. I was reeling him in afterwards, but that's definately not where my power is....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.