400+whp Evo vs. Supra (long)

This is a discussion on 400+whp Evo vs. Supra (long) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok so i know this is club WRX and all but i wanted to post a funny story i had ...

400+whp Evo vs. Supra (long)

Ok so i know this is club WRX and all but i wanted to post a funny story i had the chance to witness. Sat. i went to Maryland to meet a couplpe of my friends who i havent seen in about 5 months or so (one has a turbo integra, and his brother has a 500+ whp talon.....ewwwww) We decided that we wanted to go to the local track and have some fun at the strip! On our way thier i was riding in the talon....man that thing is so sick, at WOT i feel like my face is being sucked inside out We get to the strip and are thier for about an hour when this guy pulls up in his Supra talkin all this smack about how he will run any import at the strip for 400$$ now im thinkin WTF is under his hood???? well one of my friends knows this guy who deals with dumba$$es like this all the time, so he jumps on his cell phone and sets up the race. about 10 mins. later i see a PACK of Evos rollin into the parking lot of the strip im like damn way to roll hard I couldnt tell which one he was gonna run at first because thier were really like 11 Evos that all showed up at the same time. The guy who has the supra then proceeds to try and show off in the parking lot, floorin it down the road back and forth..........Someone from the track came to tell him to stop or leave and right before he could say anything the guy in the supra did it again but this time he curb checked his Supra SO HARD I almost had a heart attack because i was laughing so hard! well the guy who is gonna run this supra finally comes inside the gate at the strip and they start talkin.............They line up............ Supra slaughtered by at least 8-9 car lenghts. I have never seen anyone lose SO HARD in my life and to top it all off HE LOST 400$$$ i wish i would have caught it on tape

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Track fee: $20
    Cell phone call to friend in evo: $.10
    Watching supra smack a curb then get smacked by an evo: Priceless
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    Track fee: $20
    Cell phone call to friend in evo: $.10
    Watching supra smack a curb then get smacked by an evo: Priceless

What were teh ET's and MPH for each car?

Quote Originally Posted by MyFirstDeuce
    What were teh ET's and MPH for each car?
    The evo ran a 12.5 @ 112<<<(i wanna say, may be a mph higher) and the supra ran a high 15 it was so funny

Quote Originally Posted by BlckRex05
    The evo ran a 12.5 @ 112<<<(i wanna say, may be a mph higher) and the supra ran a high 15 it was so funny
    WOW, you would think that someone would actually TEST their supra out and see what it would do before they tried to race someone for $400. and if it was bad driving, again, you would think someone would know how to drive their car before they try racing someone for $400 sounds like the guy in the supra was a real jerkoff and deserved what he got. In my mind at least you should be at MINIMUM in the low 11's if your gunna start running your mouth like that, and even then it seems like a sign of poor character, oh well.

Oh btw, what bodystyle supra was it? I'm just assuming (judging by the guys attitude with it) that it was one of the 93+ Twin turbo models? Sounds like some kid whos parents just bought him his new supra and after watching 2F2F a few to many times thought he was invincible.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Which track in MD did this happen?
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG
    word

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

Nice
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG
    Tryin to get a hold of my friend so he can tell the name of it again (Drinking has hindered my memory ) I know its like 5 miles outside of Crofton, MD and like 25 miles outside of Annapolis......but arent thier like 3 or 4 dif. tracks in MD??? Oh and i almost forgot the best part, when the supra guy slammed his car into the curb (he hit it at like 25mph like an idiot) he jumped out of his car and goes "See shes runnin hard".......
    Last edited by BlckRex05; 05-24-2005 at 06:19 AM.

way to call a bluff. The guy in the evo has some big cohones to race a modded supra for 4 bills when his car only runs mid 12s.
    You wanna shoot? shoot. Dont talk!

Quote Originally Posted by BlckRex05
    Tryin to get a hold of my friend so he can tell the name of it again (Drinking has hindered my memory ) I know its like 5 miles outside of Crofton, MD and like 25 miles outside of Annapolis......but arent thier like 3 or 4 dif. tracks in MD??? Oh and i almost forgot the best part, when the supra guy slammed his car into the curb (he hit it at like 25mph like an idiot) he jumped out of his car and goes "See shes runnin hard".......
    Crapitol... I mean Capitol Raceway. Not a bad track...

There are 5 tracks in Maryland... Capitol, MIR, 75/80, Mason-Dixon and Cecil. We love to drag race!

Got some of the fastest speed shops in the country right in our backyard... ie- MSP (fastest Supra/Solara), Extreme (almost fastest Talon), EIP (9 sec VW, sick VWs), Eastside (more sick VWs), Turbo XS (Sick WRXs ), Heffners (fastest 6spd car in the world, Viper TT, 8.6s), Andersons (7-8 sec Grand National's), Jackson Machine (builds Extreme's motors as well as MANY others), Altered Atmosphere (fastest 3000GT), etc, etc, etc.

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

Quote Originally Posted by STiPwrSlide
    way to call a bluff. The guy in the evo has some big cohones to race a modded supra for 4 bills when his car only runs mid 12s.
    +1. WTF???? and the supra ran a high 15????? WTF???

doug-e..... where in MD are you at? I would like to hear more about events in MD that I might be able to make it out too! Thanks bud
    He who dies with the most toys, Wins!!

Quote Originally Posted by dug-e-fresh
    Crapitol... I mean Capitol Raceway. Not a bad track...

There are 5 tracks in Maryland... Capitol, MIR, 75/80, Mason-Dixon and Cecil. We love to drag race!

Got some of the fastest speed shops in the country right in our backyard... ie- MSP (fastest Supra/Solara), Extreme (almost fastest Talon), EIP (9 sec VW, sick VWs), Eastside (more sick VWs), Turbo XS (Sick WRXs ), Heffners (fastest 6spd car in the world, Viper TT, 8.6s), Andersons (7-8 sec Grand National's), Jackson Machine (builds Extreme's motors as well as MANY others), Altered Atmosphere (fastest 3000GT), etc, etc, etc.

def
    Yeah it was capitol, and yeah thier are some sick cars out thier. where in maryland are u from??? i used to live in calvert county and also in crofton...u might know a couple of my friends (or thier cars rather)