WRX vs Audi S4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Audi S4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Apologize for long thread, but details need to be given for this one: Returning home from SEMA show in NJ ...

WRX vs Audi S4

Apologize for long thread, but details need to be given for this one:

Returning home from SEMA show in NJ Saturday night back to Queens, NY. Just got off the Verrazano Bridge to the Belt Pkwy, doing a conservative 80 mph. Semi busy traffic. My brother's driving, I'm in the passenger seat, two ladies in the back seat, sleeping away. Fairly loaded ride this day. Was about to change lanes to the middle lane when a white Audi S4 blew down the middle lane, nearly picked off my driver's side mirror. Not an ordinary S4 either, this thing was definitely modded the way it handled weaving in and out of traffic as it drove away from me. My bro, thought for a minute, glanced over to me, and I gave him the 'ok' nod to go get him (It's my car, he listens to what I say). By this time, the Audi is wayyyy up there, so it took him a minute to catch up to S4 guy. When we finally caught up, I got a really good look at that car. Definitely modded, squatted lower than stock, debadged, except for a 'Porsche 'TURBO' badge where the Audi rings should be. Very nice car, from the back at least. It's gonna be a battle.
    My bro gets to the rear of his car, Audi boy floors it. Hard. His turbos made every other car around him stand still, that's how much kick that monster had. He's in an out of traffic like a bat out of hell. And we are right there on that a$$. We are sliding thru traffic, about 80-90 mph, all the while waiting for this guy to make a mistake. We didn't have the power that beast had, (check my mods list) but the traffic on the road made this run even, as my bro excels at weaving in an out of traffic at high speed. (He owns a 3000GT and drives it well!!) We chase him closely, Initial D style, for about a minute. Then it happens. He makes a mistake and takes the left lane that holds him in traffic for a second. My bro sees the opportunity open up and guns it. The roles are reversed, now he's chasing us for position, and we aint giving up sh*t!!
    By this time, the girls are wide awake, as they have been sliding around back there and are now holding on for dear life. Guess when you just wake up to find yourself in a highway battle at 90 mph in traffic, you get a little shaken. Shaken? Naw, they were outright scared! One of them starts offering cash to my bro just to end the battle and my girl starts to holler to slow down. I shot back, saying, "Let the boy do what he do!!"(Thanks, Ray Charles). I have faith in his abilities and believe me, he would have shut it down if he thought he couldn't do it. And man, did he do it!! He outdrove this cat, taking corners, bouncing between 3rd and 4th gears, keeping my turbo in the sweet spot. I can't believe the stock suspension can handle like this! We kept losing him in these corners and in traffic, but the S4 made up for it with the monster power under his hood, those white headlights kept coming back for more. This went on for an eternity, but it must have been like a good two minutes of this, he never once had the opportunity to take back the lead. By this time, my bro tells me the brakes can't take much more of this, pads were starting to glaze, but luckily the monster S4 decides to jump off at the next exit, so that solved that dilema. What an adrenaline rush!!
    I'm still in shock that my car can handle like this with a full load and stock turbo, and was able to hold it's own with a twin-turbo Audi, obviously modded. Course, if it was a clear road, we would have been blown away, no question. The ladies kept asking my brother why did he have to beat him, but I knew his answer already. "When it comes down to it, it ain't the car, it's the driver". He had to prove this point, and the results put a big grin on both our faces!
    My Mods

My Sponsors are my paycheck & credit card.

After hitting 140 mph chasing a STi I said:
    "I'm Not Comfortable At this SPEED!"

www.myspace.com/awd_luv

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so he was weaving through traffic at 90mph w/ 4 people the car, two of which didnt want him to continue, all to beat an S4...potentially, a modded A4.

good kill
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I'm normally not one to ***** at someone for street racing, but it sounds like what you were doing was pretty stupid. I can understand racing someone else on a deserted highway, with only yourself in the car, where worst-case-scenario, you kill yourself because of your own stupid mistake. But weaving in and out of traffic, endangering not only the lives of the four people in the car, but all of the drivers around you, who are simply minding their own business? No offense, but that's pretty a$$. This isn't 2F2F.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar
    I'm normally not one to ***** at someone for street racing, but it sounds like what you were doing was pretty stupid. I can understand racing someone else on a deserted highway, with only yourself in the car, where worst-case-scenario, you kill yourself because of your own stupid mistake. But weaving in and out of traffic, endangering not only the lives of the four people in the car, but all of the drivers around you, who are simply minding their own business? No offense, but that's pretty a$$. This isn't 2F2F.
    +1.

You are a complete idiot and should have you leg run over by a car. Racing with others in the car without their consent, not to mention they were girls! The roads are not for ignorant driving pleasure.

Your apparently an idiot, but for the sake of others, dont be an idiot and put others lives in danger
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Did you realy think you would not get flammed hard for that story? I hope not.
    Once you guys realized the S4 had to much for you, give him kudos and it should have been over. Im sure you had fun but.... passengers and other cars around......see abouve post's. IMO.
    How was the show??lol

Well dude, you are basically stock power wise. That S4 could have had just a chip and blown your doors off. Especially at highway speeds where the extra 2 cylinders help him out.

Racing through traffic = teh ghey

We've all been there, felt the temptation to bite when a nice car goes zooming by...

But you do need to consider how BAD BAD BAD things could have gone for everyone involved. Your bro sounds like a sick driver, but it's pretty safe to bet that those 150 cars you zoomed by were not all driven by good drivers expecting someone to whip by them like that. You even began your post by saying that the S4 guy almost took off your mirror, and your car was being driven by someone attentive and capable.

You four got lucky.

Also, fear the S4 with good mods. It's a beast that the WRX has to work to keep up with.
    vf22 Wagon whp305/310wtq

Evo IX: 475whp

Both DYNOFLASH

Hey read your post and I just purchased an S-4 advant (wagon) and that car has a lot of power, which is completely stock. My car has 360 hrpwer running on a quatro system which is completely stock. I think he was toying with you, or not pushing it due to the people in the car.....it could also have been a was a S-4 look alike.

Davey

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper
    Hey read your post and I just purchased an S-4 advant (wagon) and that car has a lot of power, which is completely stock. My car has 360 hrpwer running on a quatro system which is completely stock. I think he was toying with you, or not pushing it due to the people in the car.....it could also have been a was a S-4 look alike.

Davey
    Ok, a few things. not to nit pick...

You drive an S4 Avant w/ Quattro, not a S-4 Advant quatro

It your car is brand new it has 340bhp, not 360

The guy never said it was the V8 S4, if it was the 2.7L V6 TT S4 is has 250hp and runs a 5.5 0-60 and around the same 1/4mi as a stock WRX.

I agree though it could of been a modded A4, doesn't take too much extra HP to beat someone in traffic. all you do is box him out.

Yeah, considering he said it had a Porsche "Turbo" badge on it, it was the last model S4, with the 2.7L TT V6. Not the V8.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar
    Yeah, considering he said it had a Porsche "Turbo" badge on it, it was the last model S4, with the 2.7L TT V6. Not the V8.
    Only cars with little turbos go to the trouble to exaggerate the fact that they have a turbo on their engines

Good call on the Avant. It's one of the best looking wagons out there.

I had a 99 S4 sedan before my WRX. Loved the bi-turbo, but a V8 is still pretty nice too
    Last edited by bernardo; 12-06-2005 at 09:49 AM.
    vf22 Wagon whp305/310wtq

Both DYNOFLASH

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    Only cars with little turbos go to the trouble to exaggerate the fact that they have a turbo on their engines
    agreed. Granted, with enough money it is possible to Turbo charge the 4.2L V8. But i don't even know if they make a kit for the B6.

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT

The guy never said it was the V8 S4, if it was the 2.7L V6 TT S4 is has 250hp and runs a 5.5 0-60 and around the same 1/4mi as a stock WRX.

I agree though it could of been a modded A4, doesn't take too much extra HP to beat someone in traffic. all you do is box him out.

Your absoulutely right...I just got it so I'm still a bit new to it. Slip of the tongue or finger in this case.
    All the Audi's now have the quatro system, so it's implied. The S-4 V6 would be a 2002 b5 or earlier and it's a biturbo 250hrp car, not a twin turbo or "TT". The WRX has 227 hrpwer correct, therfore the biturbo would be close to the WRX but still beat it. An A-4 has either a 2.0 200 hrp engine or the v6 255 hrp, and the ealier engines were either the sh*tty 1.8T or the V6. A rex would blow the 1.8T out of the water yet be very close to the V6. So with that being said thanks for your correction on the Hrp...damn should know my own car...

Since the nit-picking began while I was uploading my pics:

^ Ditto ^
    My old S4 was fast, but I got rid of it specifically because it was going to be waaay too much $$$ to keep it competitive with the modded WRXs. S4's are not cheap cars to mod.
    vf22 Wagon whp305/310wtq

Both DYNOFLASH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.