WRX vs Audi S4 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRX vs Audi S4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by grasshopper Actually your right on the weight I wrote down the STI weight instead of the WRX ...

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper
    Actually your right on the weight I wrote down the STI weight instead of the WRX weight, but Car and Driver had the V6 bi-turbo 1/4 in the 13's, I feel the 1/8 is where the S-4 would be beat...but that all depends on the 0-60 time. Does anyone know the 0-60 WRX time?
    stock WRX 5spd = 0-60 MPH in 5.4 seconds.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by audirs6

Thats was the RS4 (which you do say)..which has 420 hrp and these specs
    Short facts:
    V8 FSI 420 bhp Revving to 8.250 rpm
    New, improved quattro
    18-inch brake system
    Starter button
    Sports button in the steering wheel
    Sporty ESP
    Variable damper control (DRC)
    The RS6 has 450 hrpw.
    I've seen the RS6 up close and it's sweet but it's a larger vehicle..6 series..the RS4 is a 4 classso it's like the s-4 but with more power. here's the RS6 wagon 450 hpwer kid carrier..thats awesome!!! I wouldn't give this up to the wife. She can drive the porsche

It's also 80K about soo a bit out of my budget..
    Last edited by grasshopper; 05-26-2005 at 12:48 PM.

I know i have the sedan version and believe me its a fast family hauler.

But the RS4 is lighter with a 6 speed manual so it will be a little faster then the current RS6.

Anyway, they are saying 550 hp FSI V10 with 7 speed DSG for the next RS6.

Here some spy pics of the S6 and RS6

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102443
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

modded S4 > stock turbo WRX

traffic + unwilling passengers = major dumbass
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper
    Actually your right on the weight I wrote down the STI weight instead of the WRX weight, but Car and Driver had the V6 bi-turbo 1/4 in the 13's, I feel the 1/8 is where the S-4 would be beat...but that all depends on the 0-60 time. Does anyone know the 0-60 WRX time?
    Someone needs to pull up the car and driver article with the WRX vs 330XI vs S4 so we don't have to argue with the above statement. The S4 in that article was faster around the track then the wrx but identical in the 1/4 mile.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    Someone needs to pull up the car and driver article with the WRX vs 330XI vs S4 so we don't have to argue with the above statement. The S4 in that article was faster around the track then the wrx but identical in the 1/4 mile.
    Dis one?

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=1
    Dino
    - '03 WRX sedan - SOLD (Jan 07)
    - '06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Stock)
    - '05 Volvo S60R - stock (Stock)

Oh....and the guy is an idiot for racing thru traffic like that. F'n 2F2F wannabe. Those are the type of fkrs that should be hauled of to jail and their car taken away.

What a waste of a good storyteller too.
    Dino
    - '03 WRX sedan - SOLD (Jan 07)
    - '06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Stock)
    - '05 Volvo S60R - stock (Stock)

I just ordered some parts from Japan baby!

(Overnight shipping)
    ericmarkpaul: i pooed myself last night while i was sleeping!

I talked with my friend (S4 owner) to clear up a few things. The bi-turbo S4's do not have sequential turbos...the two K03 turbos (not K04's, I guess those are the turbo's on RS4s) just run off of one intake rather than two, and that's why it's bi-turbo.

Modded S4's on the highway are FAST.
    I can't believe that story that started this thread though...I've have to much to say about the stupidity and danger. And to risk the lives of all the pasengers in the car against their will, I'm not even gonna get started.

I've gotten several chances to race my friend's S4.----on an empty, straight highway, by myself-----From a stop it wasn't too much of a race, it wasn't really close at all. In his words "I kicked the s*** out of him."
    -From a roll in second he pulls ahead right away with his V6 before my turbo spools up. But as soon as boost comes on I pull past him pretty fast.
    -Rolls from 3rd I still pull away pretty fast
    -4th is tough to say, I don't drive too fast on the road, so I never really have time to let my turbo spool up and catch up

stock to stock on the highway---S4>WRX
    stock to stock 0-60 prob. WRX>S4

S4 with chip and exhaust v.s. Stage 4 rex with Sti RA gears
    WRX>S4

stock for stock they are pretty even depends on driver i guess. but when you start modding the s4 engine has such more more potential. i was looking at the dynos of cars with a few boltons and these are just a few i was impress with
    2000 s4 with GIAC x full exhaust rs4 manifold 247whp 290lbs 93oct
    2000 s4 with APR chip full exhust/intake 257whp 262lbs 91 oct

these are on stock turbo, i dont know about you guys but thats a lot of power
    for the small amount of money spent.
    turbo ej2
    awd=all winning drivers or auntie wendy die

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.