WRX vs Audi S4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41

This is a discussion on WRX vs Audi S4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Kevlar Yeah, considering he said it had a Porsche "Turbo" badge on it, it was the last ...

  1. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar
    Yeah, considering he said it had a Porsche "Turbo" badge on it, it was the last model S4, with the 2.7L TT V6. Not the V8.
    With that being said...coming from personal experience...this car probally was a modded A4 1.8T. As I said I have a S-4 advant and I'm proud of my emblem why would I want a porsche turbo emblem on my car. If I wanted a Porsche I would have bought it. It doesn't make sense..

    I have a few other cars as well...and my track car is a Mk4 Vr6 Turbo GTI. Now this car has an amazing turbo system on the car, and I spent over 12K getting the engine to were it is. I purchased the cursive turbo emblem which is the Bugs...yet I'm able to back it up. Most people who put Porsche turbo emblems or some sort of lux. car emblem don't have the power to back it up. Oh and by the way I like this forum...finally I can speak to people who seem to know what their talking about.

    I had a guy the other day...who asked me how he can get the whistle sound like I do when I shift. He said it sounded cool...I told him to stick his head out the window and whistle.....and stop by Pepboys to opick up the Nos Bazooka tube...

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper
    Your absoulutely right...I just got it so I'm still a bit new to it. Slip of the tongue or finger in this case.
    All the Audi's now have the quatro system, so it's implied. The S-4 V6 would be a 2002 b5 or earlier and it's a biturbo 250hrp car, not a twin turbo or "TT". The WRX has 227 hrpwer correct, therfore the biturbo would be close to the WRX but still beat it. An A-4 has either a 2.0 200 hrp engine or the v6 255 hrp, and the ealier engines were either the sh*tty 1.8T or the V6. A rex would blow the 1.8T out of the water yet be very close to the V6. So with that being said thanks for your correction on the Hrp...damn should know my own car...
    BiTurbo, Twin Turbo, same difference. Two turbo's, one big snail, one smaller snail, two FMIC's.

    The S4 may have 250hp, but it weighs 508lbs more than the WRX. Plus due to the Quattro both cars lose about the same % of HP to the wheels. The WRX is faster to 60, barely, and then they are about even in the 1/4mi.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  4. #18
    Registered User elohdaeh78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Long Valley, NJ
    Posts
    706
    Back a while ago i raced a bi-turbo S4 with my stock 2005 wrx sedan. The S4 had an extra passenger i put a half car on it from 20-60 or there abouts. The WRX and bi-turbo S4 are basically identical in performance with the wrx being a hair quicker off the line and the S4 being a hair quicker from a roll. Either way it would be no surprise to see a stock wrx beat a stock bi-turbo S4 in any circumstance or vice versa.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

  5. #19
    Registered User drews_wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Posts
    19
    yeah, those turbo S4's arent that quick...they are too heavy. My friend has the biturbo A6 and that thing feels good, but it too heavy. Now, the fwy is a different story..
    Vishnu XEDE = $995
    Helix uppipe & downpipe = $550
    Borla XR-1 catback = $500
    Shiv custom tune = PRICELESS

    to find out why, click here: http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=137464

  6. #20
    Registered User wizzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Andover, MA
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by drews_wrx
    yeah, those turbo S4's arent that quick...they are too heavy. My friend has the biturbo A6 and that thing feels good, but it too heavy. Now, the fwy is a different story..
    They are heavy and sluggish but an ecu flash and an opened up exhaust path unlocks alot of power from those twin turbo engines.

  7. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by drews_wrx
    yeah, those turbo S4's arent that quick...they are too heavy. My friend has the biturbo A6 and that thing feels good, but it too heavy. Now, the fwy is a different story..
    I agree that the car is built like a tank and built for high speed autobaun impacts but with that being said the V8 version is very fast and in my opinion the v6 bi turbo is not sluggish as all..

    V8 specs:

    DOHC all-aluminum 90-degree 4.2 liter V8 with 5 valves per cylinder, variable valve timing and 2-stage intake manifold
    Displacement: 4.2 liters (254 cu. in.)
    Bore: 3.33 in.
    Stroke: 3.65 in.
    Compression ratio: 11.0:1
    Horsepower (SAE net):
    340 @ 7000 rpm
    302 lb-ft @ 3500
    0-60 in 5.3
    Curb weight 3825

    Now the biturbio version is a different story
    (pulled of audi website)
    Turbo compressor
    - 2,671 cc 2.7 liters 6 V engine with 81 mm bore, 86.4 mm stroke, 9.3 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and five valves per cylinder
    - Premium unleaded fuel
    - Multi-point injection fuel system
    - Main 62 liter premium unleaded fuel tank
    - Power: SAE and 186 kW , 250 HP @ 5,800 rpm; 258 ft lb , 350 Nm @ 1,850 rpm
    - curb weight (kg) 1,680 = 3703.77
    Not sure if ft lb is a misprint

    The WRX weighs 3298.00 so it has a weight advantage yet the V6 biturbo sedan produces 40 ft lbs more power, so I'm intersted to see how close the 1/4, and 1/8 mile track times are. Does anyone have the stock times? Also if you want to see some power look at the RS6 or RS4, very fast cars yet at a high tag $approx. 80K. The wagon produces 450 hrpower ..who knows when you have to get the kids to school quick...very quick... here's thre wagon. Don't get me wrong guys I'm a huge Subaru fan. The only complaint I have every had with subaru is their interior, I have always felt it lacked style. I have seen the new STI, and what a big improvement but still open for improvement.

    Last edited by grasshopper; 05-23-2005 at 01:10 PM.

  8. #22
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper
    I agree that the car is built like a tank and built for high speed autobaun impacts but with that being said the V8 version is very fast and in my opinion the v6 bi turbo is not sluggish as all..

    V8 specs:

    DOHC all-aluminum 90-degree 4.2 liter V8 with 5 valves per cylinder, variable valve timing and 2-stage intake manifold
    Displacement: 4.2 liters (254 cu. in.)
    Bore: 3.33 in.
    Stroke: 3.65 in.
    Compression ratio: 11.0:1
    Horsepower (SAE net):
    340 @ 7000 rpm
    302 lb-ft @ 3500
    0-60 in 5.3
    Curb weight 3825

    Now the biturbio version is a different story
    (pulled of audi website)
    Turbo compressor
    - 2,671 cc 2.7 liters 6 V engine with 81 mm bore, 86.4 mm stroke, 9.3 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and five valves per cylinder
    - Premium unleaded fuel
    - Multi-point injection fuel system
    - Main 62 liter premium unleaded fuel tank
    - Power: SAE and 186 kW , 250 HP @ 5,800 rpm; 258 ft lb , 350 Nm @ 1,850 rpm
    - curb weight (kg) 1,680 = 3703.77
    Not sure if ft lb is a misprint

    The WRX weighs 3298.00 so it has a weight advantage yet the V6 biturbo sedan produces 40 ft lbs more power, so I'm intersted to see how close the 1/4, and 1/8 mile track times are. Does anyone have the stock times? Also if you want to see some power look at the RS6 or RS4, very fast cars yet at a high tag $approx. 80K. The wagon produces 450 hrpower ..who knows when you have to get the kids to school quick...very quick... here's thre wagon. Don't get me wrong guys I'm a huge Subaru fan. The only complaint I have every had with subaru is their interior, I have always felt it lacked style. I have seen the new STI, and what a big improvement but still open for improvement.

    Ok, you really need to work on your sources. The WRX Sedan weighs 3085lbs, while the Wagon weighs 3165lbs, and the STi weighs 3298lbs.

    B5 had 250hp and 258lb-tq

    WRX 5MT stock 1/4mi is low 14's
    S4 B5 5MT stock 1/4mi is low 14's
    ...so that's a drivers race.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  9. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Ok, you really need to work on your sources. The WRX Sedan weighs 3085lbs, while the Wagon weighs 3165lbs, and the STi weighs 3298lbs.

    B5 had 250hp and 258lb-tq

    WRX 5MT stock 1/4mi is low 14's
    S4 B5 5MT stock 1/4mi is low 14's
    ...so that's a drivers race.

    Actually your right on the weight I wrote down the STI weight instead of the WRX weight, but Car and Driver had the V6 bi-turbo 1/4 in the 13's, I feel the 1/8 is where the S-4 would be beat...but that all depends on the 0-60 time. Does anyone know the 0-60 WRX time?

  10. #24
    Registered User Griswold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    BiTurbo, Twin Turbo, same difference. Two turbo's, one big snail, one smaller snail, two FMIC's.
    You might wanna re-check that.... 1 small / 1 big is a sequential system. The 2.7T has two K04 turbos. 1 for each cylinder bank and they're the same size.

  11. #25
    Registered User rpfride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    575
    Can we please get back to flamming the post for street racing thru heavy traffic!!
    j/k

    FYI, My good friend has an '04 S4. moded and tuned by awe tuning. 310 awhp. Its a very nice car. I never ran him in my wrx yet but he did drive my car and said he thinks his car would loose. I think it would be VERY close and id probly loose alittle. However i did get to run him in my truck last week. Once i hooked up i got 3 cars on him by 80ish. Seems he is having issues with the S4 at this moment. Blinking cel. Ill have to call him to follow up.

  12. #26
    Registered User wizzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Andover, MA
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    I think it would be VERY close and id probly loose alittle.
    Doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or a mile...

  13. #27
    Registered User Kevlar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper
    A rex would blow the 1.8T out of the water yet be very close to the V6.
    Sadly, I don't think a race between the rex and the 3.0 V6 would be "very close." My mom has an '03 3.0 V6 (5 speed auto), and it really isn't that fast. Really smooth powerband, and decent torque, but it's really heavy. The WRX feels a lot faster. Of course, a manual 3.0 would probably be a good deal faster than the auto.

    Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper
    With that being said...coming from personal experience...this car probally was a modded A4 1.8T. As I said I have a S-4 advant and I'm proud of my emblem why would I want a porsche turbo emblem on my car. If I wanted a Porsche I would have bought it. It doesn't make sense..
    Yeah, putting the "turbo" badge on there is pretty rice, but I wouldn't put it beyond someone, just because they have an S4. Everyone remember the guy who drove his rex through someone's garage? He had a "turbo" badge on it, from a 911 turbo. Ricers can drive S4's too .

  14. #28
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    You might wanna re-check that.... 1 small / 1 big is a sequential system. The 2.7T has two K04 turbos. 1 for each cylinder bank and they're the same size.
    2.7T has one turbo which spools faster for low rpms and the other which spools slower for higher rpms.

    Unless im mistaken. I thought thats how it worked for the S4.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  15. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    Me, me! *waves hand*

    chipped fwd 2.0t 250whp/275ft/lbs tq.

    can you imagine the new a4 quattro with the 2.0t? 225whp/250ft/lbs tq off of a $350-$500 chip?

    niiiiice

  16. #30
    Registered User Griswold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    2.7T has one turbo which spools faster for low rpms and the other which spools slower for higher rpms.

    Unless im mistaken. I thought thats how it worked for the S4.
    I don't think so...that's how 3rd Gen RX7 Twin Turbo's worked. S4's are different.

    You can see in the pic (one side anyways) that each turbo is fed by 1 bank of 3 cylinders. The turbos aren't plumbed one behind the other. Actually, each turbo has it's own intercooler before it dumps into the throttle body.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •