wrx vs. 350z - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on wrx vs. 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced a 6 speed 350Z from a roll while I was driving an STI. when he would shift, I ...

I raced a 6 speed 350Z from a roll while I was driving an STI. when he would shift, I would gain about a half a car on him, but when he got his traction back (took traction control off for the race), he would catch right back even. we got almost through 3rd before having to shut them down and were even. He and i both agree from a stop he would lose in his Z, but from a roll, pretty even.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My aunt has a 350z that she lets me borrow every once in a while for a few days at a time. The thing doesnt feel near as fast as my stock WRX. My cousin agrees with me. I dont know what it is b/c I know its putting down alot higher numbers.
    2003 PSM WRX

Bugeye Mafia Hitman

Quote Originally Posted by k662
    My aunt has a 350z that she lets me borrow every once in a while for a few days at a time. The thing doesnt feel near as fast as my stock WRX. My cousin agrees with me. I dont know what it is b/c I know its putting down alot higher numbers.
    yea its confusing...Maybe it has to do with us having turbo cars ie.power coming all at once 4krpms and their power coming much smoother

its the awd lock up... my turbo kicks in much faster now that im not stock. I have not got to drive a new z yet but i could imagine that the rex would feel more torquey at the low end.
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

I think that year z has something like 275hp. It should've smoked a stock wrx, even from a dig. One of those cars would be putting down 250ish at the wheels while you're only putting down 175ish.

If both cars were driven to their potential, the stock wrx would maybe jump ahead on the start if the z couldn't hook up, but from there the z should definately overtake the wrx and leave it behind. It just doesn't makes sense with the numbers those cars are putting down. Maybe a brick got stuck under the Z's accelerater and and he couldn't put the throttle down all the way?

BTW, I own neither car, just looking at it from what SHOULD happen in a race, not what did happen

Both cars stock 350Z>WRX

Given both cars were stock the outcome SHOULD have gone to the Z. Gearing and Power were both in favor of the Z so I would say you did quite well. Don't expect to pull that off all the time. If you find a driver with a clue or should you be so unfortunate to race a Z from a roll, the outcome might not be as good.

Also what are you still doing stock??? Get the car modded!
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie
    Given both cars were stock the outcome SHOULD have gone to the Z. Gearing and Power were both in favor of the Z so I would say you did quite well. Don't expect to pull that off all the time. If you find a driver with a clue or should you be so unfortunate to race a Z from a roll, the outcome might not be as good.

Also what are you still doing stock??? Get the car modded!

I dont expect to be beating up on Z's while im stock. I didnt expect to win, its just what happend. Im sure if we switchd cars i would of murdered him with the z. I am not doubting the z's potential in this race, im just stating what happend.

The modding has begun, I order my invidia up and downpipe tomarrow and i have my cobb ap sitting in my room. I am just waiting now for a few wks to buy a catback and put all of this on at once. Then we will race again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12