21 psi STi versus M3 SC (Vid) - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on 21 psi STi versus M3 SC (Vid) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by BrianH what's the FD for the m3? Did you read that he had M5 Rear differential???...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    what's the FD for the m3?
    Did you read that he had M5 Rear differential???

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    Did you read that he had M5 Rear differential???
    nope

I Support ClubWRX
    Everyone was talking about the stock gearring between car, well the M3 has the performance M5 Differential which is much different gearring than the m3 so you cant think about it that way.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

some net/mag racing, but get over it. BTW I like the M3 & the STi

Sweet M3. The AA supercharged E46 is advertised at ~345 whp and ~265 ft/lb with 5.5 psi and seemed like an expensive dog in the Car and Driver challenge. This one boasts 7.5 psi and several smart mods. I still bet the STi's power is significantly overstated.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    what's the FD for the m3?
    pretty sure it's in the high 3's my 323 has a 3.46 and i think that the m's is higher...

sti's mods

Ok its just the turbo and gas - SZ on 93 - I don't think he's making 400awhp. Probably around 380awhp. That makes sense since the M3 would be at >35whp more.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    A DB superzilla can make 400 AWHP on an STI, cant it?! I had a tiny 18g on my puny 2.0 and made 332 WHP...??? I think that turbo on an STI with a decent tune will make it... no?
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    A DB superzilla can make 400 AWHP on an STI, cant it?! I had a tiny 18g on my puny 2.0 and made 332 WHP...??? I think that turbo on an STI with a decent tune will make it... no?
    should be able to toss out around 400 on pump

Either car would destroy my WRX, but ...

You guys might be right on an SZ STi, but I'd like to see some evidence on this STi's 400 WHP with 93. Just out of curiosity, I quickly found the following on an '04 STi dynotuned with an SZ49, PE 850s, and a Perrin FMIC.

'07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by virpacalis
    You guys might be right on an SZ STi, but I'd like to see some evidence on this STi's 400 WHP with 93. Just out of curiosity, I quickly found the following on an '04 STi dynotuned with an SZ49, PE 850s, and a Perrin FMIC.

That's pretty weak...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

That's pretty weak...

agreed, poke around the PPB forums on nasioc for a while and you'll find some of the greend and sz49'd plots pushing bigger numbers. I found a bunch of information there when I was doing research prior to buying my sz49.

Depends on the gas. I don't remember seeing any green/sz49s breaking uncorrected 400awhp on 93 octane without nitrous or water injection...but I could be wrong.

I've definitely seen SZs break 400 with race or c16

-j

Quote Originally Posted by virpacalis

that is piss poor. You cannot use that dyno as a representation of what an STi makes on the sz49. 337awhp is nothing. Well tuned STi's are making 300 - 310awhp just on TBE and Utec, or a cobb stageII. Your telling me a deadbolt sz is only picking up 30awhp over the stock VF39 on exhaust and EM
    I can think of like 10 guys here off the top of my head that are pushing over 300awhp with exhaust and EM on their STi.
    This is completely ridiculous guys. A well tuned STi with a D sz CAN and WILL making upto 400awhp on supporting mods. I really dont see why this is such a damn big deal....
    M3 had nearly 20whp more, better gearing, a bit lighter, AND WON! too bad, so said... GET OVER IT!

M3 won fair and square and if that STi is running the D sz there is no reason its not making ~ 400awhp
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345