Subaru WRX Forum banner

21 psi STi versus M3 SC (Vid)

5K views 73 replies 28 participants last post by  DTR rex 
#1 ·
#54 ·
wrxaddicted said:
They should have gone from a dig. That STi would have SMOKED him from a dig. That m3s fastest 1/4 is 12.1. I have seen STis with less than 400 WHP run high 11's around 120 MPH trap. :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

the sti is way out of its league on a 60-120 run.. he needs at least 50 more whp. from a dig he would have done awsome.. but im still pretty sure that m3 would procede to pass him around 115-120ish

#55 ·
im suprised more people dont n2o wrx's and sti's i think a 50whp shot would do a lot of damage with a wrx.. i saw a bad ass port setup that did 200whp on stock tranny :eek3: if you window switch it at a higher rpm your tranny will last forever because the car will already be moving.

#56 ·
man..

I raced 2 m3 's one modded with a exhaust and K & n.. barely added 20 hp to it and I have over 300 whp and pulled on him sllowwwly by 2 cars.. a s/c M3 is jsut a beast and a Sti with 385 whp just isnst enough from a roll from 60.. nice races tho cool guys over at M3 boards too

#64 ·
some net/mag racing, but get over it. BTW I like the M3 & the STi

Sweet M3. The AA supercharged E46 is advertised at ~345 whp and ~265 ft/lb with 5.5 psi and seemed like an expensive dog in the Car and Driver challenge. This one boasts 7.5 psi and several smart mods. I still bet the STi's power is significantly overstated.

#69 ·
Either car would destroy my WRX, but ...

You guys might be right on an SZ STi, but I'd like to see some evidence on this STi's 400 WHP with 93. Just out of curiosity, I quickly found the following on an '04 STi dynotuned with an SZ49, PE 850s, and a Perrin FMIC.

#70 ·
virpacalis said:
You guys might be right on an SZ STi, but I'd like to see some evidence on this STi's 400 WHP with 93. Just out of curiosity, I quickly found the following on an '04 STi dynotuned with an SZ49, PE 850s, and a Perrin FMIC.

That's pretty weak... :confused1

#72 ·
SOUTHPAW said:
A DB superzilla can make 400 AWHP on an STI, cant it?! I had a tiny 18g on my puny 2.0 and made 332 WHP...??? I think that turbo on an STI with a decent tune will make it... no? :confused:
Depends on the gas. I don't remember seeing any green/sz49s breaking uncorrected 400awhp on 93 octane without nitrous or water injection...but I could be wrong.

I've definitely seen SZs break 400 with race or c16

-j

#74 ·
virpacalis said:

that is piss poor. You cannot use that dyno as a representation of what an STi makes on the sz49. 337awhp is nothing. Well tuned STi's are making 300 - 310awhp just on TBE and Utec, or a cobb stageII. Your telling me a deadbolt sz is only picking up 30awhp over the stock VF39 on exhaust and EM :confused1
I can think of like 10 guys here off the top of my head that are pushing over 300awhp with exhaust and EM on their STi.
This is completely ridiculous guys. A well tuned STi with a D sz CAN and WILL making upto 400awhp on supporting mods. I really dont see why this is such a damn big deal....
M3 had nearly 20whp more, better gearing, a bit lighter, AND WON! too bad, so said... GET OVER IT!

M3 won fair and square and if that STi is running the D sz there is no reason its not making ~ 400awhp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.