me vs 350Z and..Miata?

This is a discussion on me vs 350Z and..Miata? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This evening, I got stuck behind a 350Z at a light. The guy was revving furiously, and took off hard ...

me vs 350Z and..Miata?

This evening, I got stuck behind a 350Z at a light. The guy was revving furiously, and took off hard (I suppose I instigated some by revving back....). I stayed on his ass up til 90, when he backed off. I even had to let up a bit to avoid getting too close. Kind of surprised since I didn't expect my car to be as fast as, and certainly not faster than, a 350Z.... the car was a manual too.

And yesterday, I had a stock looking late model Miata sit right on my ass during a WOT run to 100... I'm guessing that one wasn't stock!

Only mods are perrin UP, Helix DP and Prodrive axleback. Was the 350Z guy just a bad driver?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

prolly.

my buddy has a supercharged miata, with no exhaust or anything. that car would destory ours...but it doesnt even look like it

Quote Originally Posted by pingflood
    This evening, I got stuck behind a 350Z at a light. The guy was revving furiously, and took off hard (I suppose I instigated some by revving back....). I stayed on his ass up til 90, when he backed off. I even had to let up a bit to avoid getting too close. Kind of surprised since I didn't expect my car to be as fast as, and certainly not faster than, a 350Z.... the car was a manual too.

And yesterday, I had a stock looking late model Miata sit right on my ass during a WOT run to 100... I'm guessing that one wasn't stock!

Only mods are perrin UP, Helix DP and Prodrive axleback. Was the 350Z guy just a bad driver?

350z wasnt a bad driver, i used to race my friends 350z with my old wrx with up/dp and mbc and it would result in different things everytime off a roll. He'd edge me out or i'd hang on his a$$ or i'd edge him out...than with catback i took him on the freeway 60-120 by about a car and a half. Miata?? haha no clue bro, they put a lot of crazy sh!t into those cars.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pingflood

pingflood, are you from CT...?

*edit* Nevermind. Saw that you are from GA...

My buddy has a S/C miata and it's pretty fast...

Last edited by SOUTHPAW; 05-21-2005 at 07:36 PM.
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

i had a turbo miata laying down 164 to the wheels. it was quick, and roll on would stomp my wrx with tbe, up pipe, and all catless.

Don't underestimate miata's. They are very light cars that are capable of some real power. I have a 91 1.6 with a flyin miata turbo running 8 psi and I am putting down about 190 at the rear wheels. That in a car that weighs a lil over 2000 pounds is trouble from a roll. from a dig it's a lil different

yes a fellow miata owner... i traded mine for the rex, it was the only logical way to get out of my low milage 99 for a good daily driver.

I plan on a 95 with fm turbo kit. They can be quiet fast... the stock tranny and diff can hold 300whp easily. the weak point is the clutch.

the most common supercharged miata is a jackson racing.. and they only run low 14's high 13's so a stage 2 should be able to hold its own. but when you go against the same super charger on the cold side its a whole different ball game. instead of 170hp its like 200.. and a 2000lb car well do the math.

the miata is such a better auto-x/road race platform then the wrx. But nothing beats the daily driving fun of the wrx.. let me tell you a miata as your daily driver sucks ass.
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm kinda thinking bad driver with the Z thing. At lower speeds, and with your mods, I wouldn't be surprised for you to hang with him, but I would have expected him to pull on you once you got over 60mph or so. Those cars don't put out that much more peak power than you do, but they do have more "area under the curve", if you know what I mean.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Not only are miatas rather potent sleeprs, don't try taking one at track day. Even stock. Those things are amazingly nimble.

a wrx with shocks sway and springs would own at a track with a long str8 away. I have seen jdm videos that i thought the miata would come out on top for sure.. but with the str8's it eats those up quick.. now a track like laguna seca... thats a different story stock for stock it would smoke a vet
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck

Quote Originally Posted by GIRex
    a wrx with shocks sway and springs would own at a track with a long str8 away. I have seen jdm videos that i thought the miata would come out on top for sure.. but with the str8's it eats those up quick.. now a track like laguna seca... thats a different story stock for stock it would smoke a vet
    Stock for stock a vette would eat it. Miatas may be in the same class on corners but aren't quite up to par with a vette.
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

read the post, i was talking about at laguna seca.. i have watched stock miatas beat stock vetts times there all day long.