Stg 2 v Yamaha r6?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stg 2 v Yamaha r6? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I was playing down Reynolds Rd when this R6 I think came up on my ass trying to play ...

Stg 2 v Yamaha r6?

Well I was playing down Reynolds Rd when this R6 I think came up on my ass trying to play too. I gave it some throttle and pulled real shortly until we came to a light. He was a car behind me in the left lane ( I was in the right). The light turn green so I took of with a little spirit. I looked in my rear view to see what he would do. Just as I thought here he comes cutting through traffice to try and catch me. Well I let him come closer to me and as soon as he got about 2-3 cars behind me I hit it hard in about third. Man he couldn't catch me! I couldn't believe it! I mean he was bobbing up and down and everything during shifts yet I held him off. It almost seemed like I started to pull a little too! When we get to the next light he would not look at me for nothing. I guess he really was trying then. Oh well. I talked to another engineering buddy at work and foundout that motorcycles have sucka$$ coefficient of drag rating something like 40-50 cd! Wow. Well I can believe that seeing how hard a time he had. From a dig I know I'd be so toasted though. I think in was an R6. It had its exhaust right under the rear light. It looked sooooo phat!
    Well let the flaming Rupauls bring it!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you got insanely lucky somehow.

in any other circumstance an R6 would have literally RAPED you!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Ummm. The bike wasn't trying.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

It was a Honda cbr600rr. He must have been scared of it or something because I just cannot believe a wrx especially could pull a real crotch-rocket from a roll. I mean we are not exactly corvette killers from a roll you know?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Ummm. The bike wasn't trying.
    Do you know for sure your bike is better from a roll than your Evo? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but the whole bike thing from a roll is totally new to me.

there are so many variables to every story.
    1. maybe he was not trying
    2.maybe he miss a gear or two
    3. maybe he is still learning how to ride
    4. maybe his bike is new and he is still in the break in period.
    5.there are more but i cant think of it all
    Last edited by dviousboxer; 05-21-2005 at 04:29 PM.
    " I'm a bad man"

Sounds about right, I mean just a couple days ago I beat a Hayabusa by nose.

The new 600 cc sport bikes are capable of high 10 second 1/4 miles at around 130 mph... So from a stop, or from a roll, a good rider who is trying will [Babsolutely ]anhilate [/B]most every vehicle that isn't an out and out drag car.

Otherwise, as dviousboxer stated, there are a few reasons why a street car can appear to win. It's still fun, though.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    Seriously? It really did seem like he was trying hard. I mean I know a wrx is not the fastest car on the road, but it cetainly is not so slow that you cannot tell the difference between it being WOT, and just cruising. I mean 40-60 mph in 3 -4 seconds or so is obviously good and strong acceleration. He had to be hitting it hard too because as soon as I back out of it he came flying past and then hit the brakes. Weird?

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    your joking right? was he using flinstone power?
    " I'm a bad man"

Hayabusas are teh sl0wn3ss. I put like 4 cars on one from 90-140. Flippin n00bs.

[QUOTE=dviousboxer]your joking right? was he using flinstone power?[/QUOTE

Well lets see here. Coefficency is an exponential value. It doubles with velocity so to speak, so if motorcycles only have about 65-100 hp with a sh&&ty co. drag like .45cd things could get very interesting from a roll. I mean the strength and bulk of a motorcycles acceleration is right when it is out of the clutch to about 60-80 mph or so. after that drag has to be kicking the hell out of a bike with a cd of .45. If I'm rolling in my dropped wrx with a .33cd or so. I have a very big advantage with 285 hp on hand. It all sounds very possible unless I'm missing something. I know the bike has a serious weight advantage over a wrx, but so does a 427 Shelby Cobra. If you put a Shelby Cobra against a wrx in a 1-2 mile race I betcha the wrx will win.
    Last edited by scoob; 05-21-2005 at 04:44 PM.

a well ridden bike should have no problem with almost any wrx on this forum. Someone ran into the 9's with a r6 stock at LACR (local track with 3000 elevation) of course a cbr600 is not that quick but still would trap around 125-130 mph. You want explanations for your race?? its easy, he was in the wrong gear. Guy can still be in first when your forced to be in 3rd.

your missing the fact that the only cars that compete with bikes off a roll are 600whp supras. And with bad coefficient drag, its still trapping 130mph.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx

your missing the fact that the only cars that compete with bikes off a roll are 600whp supras. And with bad coefficient drag, its still trapping 130mph.
    precisely
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Uh yeah I don't think he was trying. I have a DRZ400S which is a dual sport (basically a dirt bike with street tires, blinkers, head light, and speedo) and I can kill a lot of cars from a stop or roll. My bike isn't meant for speed at all either, I top out at just above 100 because it's really just a 400cc dirt bike. I haven't rode my bike in a while cause it was stolen and messed with so I have to get it fixed but when I was riding it I had people try to race me all the time from digs and from rolls and I don't remember losing once. The one race that was close was against some muscle car (don't really remember because it was almost 2 years ago) and I did edge him out by a couple car lengths by 100 (this was from a 60mph or so roll) when my bike doesnt really want to go any faster plus a dirt bike doesn't like doing high speeds. I had a friend follow me once when I was doing 100 and he said my back wheel was hopping around which it did feel like it was bouncing.

Um a better example of a race is maybe when an rsx-s reved at me when we were side by side at a red light and on green he reved up and punched it squeeling his tires so I did a 3/4 throttle launch, when I did the launch I accidentally popped up into a wheelie and immidiatley flew by him and held the wheelie through 3 gears then leaned forward to set the bike back down and by the time I was doing 70-80 he was a good 10 car lengths back or more and when I let off he did a fly by. he had maybe a car length on me or so from the start cause he took off first so I could have put more on him. Oh and my bike can probably do more than 100mph but thats were my 5th gear tops out at.
    Last edited by TheReaper; 05-21-2005 at 07:18 PM.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast