Stg 2 v Yamaha r6? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stg 2 v Yamaha r6? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't know much about r1's and such but I do know some stuff about suzukis and I think the ...

I don't know much about r1's and such but I do know some stuff about suzukis and I think the gsxr600 does the 1/4 in the low 11's if not high 10's and I am not sure if it was the gsxr1000 or the busa but one of those does the 1/4 in the 9's and traps in the 140-150's. Back in the day (actually only 4 or 5 years ago haha) I think they made another special edition busa cause I remember going to the suzuki website and seeing 2 or 3 different busa types and one of them had 1800cc's instead of 1300.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

not trying to be mean ,but there is now way in hell you could pull on a bike. not even if you were in the esx wrx. this thread is like a thread you would find on a honda forum. stop it before you get donkey punched, or go buy a honda

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    not trying to be mean ,but there is now way in hell you could pull on a bike. not even if you were in the esx wrx. this thread is like a thread you would find on a honda forum. stop it before you get donkey punched, or go buy a honda
    thank you..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCamel
    A viper has hard time getting away from a stock busa from stand still,, it manages to gets away, but just barely, with the busa's nosw at the viper's real wheel, but a alightly moded busa has no problems taking a viper..

the ZX-12R is the fastest at the moment I think..

wow, don't get out much do you? I think the busa and 12r have about 150-160 crank hp. The new r1 and zx-10r have about 180 crank each. The new liter bikes are insane. Yes the busa was the speed king at one point. Yes it's almost legendary but it's way past it's time even though it came out about 4-5 years ago, it's ancient.

production sport bikes are being redesigned every 2 years right now. and if a bike doesn't get redesigned within two years, it's at the bottom of the totem pole in terms or handling and performance, even though the numbers that justify that could be 4hp or .9 seconds on a lap. It's not even worth purchasing a bike for the numbers unless you're planning on riding it in a professional racing series since they change so often.

And the new liter bikes would rip any of the 1200cc+ bikes a new a-hole.

The busa and zx 12 weigh about 450lbs I think, compared to the new liter bikes tipping the scales at about 350. 100 lbs doesn't seems like much, but it's a huge difference on these things. The busa is a whale. Most any good rider with a 600 could out ride it at a track, road course, etc.... as long as there's no long straight aways for it to catch up.

Oh...and I think the new r1 and zx10 can do 100mph+ in first gear...and still run 9 seconds stock.

So do the right thing folks, and let the legend die...

you're telling me an R1 or other liter bikes WEIGH only 350 POUNDS!?!?!? YOU GOTTA BE ****N ****TING ME

a ****n ninja ex250 barely weighs 350 lbs... now imagine a bigger sized engine ... they definitely weigh more .

2004 R1 weighs 379 lbs.

http://bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_yzf-r1_2004.php

Yeah the engine weighs more, but the other parts are higher quality and lighter (aluminum).

[QUOTE=scoob]
    Quote Originally Posted by dviousboxer
    your joking right? was he using flinstone power?[/QUOTE

Well lets see here. Coefficency is an exponential value. It doubles with velocity so to speak, so if motorcycles only have about 65-100 hp with a sh&&ty co. drag like .45cd things could get very interesting from a roll. I mean the strength and bulk of a motorcycles acceleration is right when it is out of the clutch to about 60-80 mph or so. after that drag has to be kicking the hell out of a bike with a cd of .45. If I'm rolling in my dropped wrx with a .33cd or so. I have a very big advantage with 285 hp on hand. It all sounds very possible unless I'm missing something. I know the bike has a serious weight advantage over a wrx, but so does a 427 Shelby Cobra. If you put a Shelby Cobra against a wrx in a 1-2 mile race I betcha the wrx will win.

You have not the slightest idea what you are talking about. But, if you persist in believing that you do, and you want to argue drag coeffs and hp, I'll race you for $1000 on my itty bitty SV650.

fre
    Hrmmm the highest trap for 600cc bikes at my track are about 122. We are at 3500 feet though. Busas do 140s here. I would love to run a 600cc bike here, but there is the whole safety thing that doesn't allow cars to run bikes.
    11.1 @ 131

Addressing this ill-informed drag BS:

My friend on his 04 CBR 600RR raced a Z06 with basic mods and prob. a 50 shot from a roll and beat him. Drag really doesn't catch up with bikes till around 130 I think (if I remember right from the Supra forums.) With many new liter bikes doing over 100mph in second, I'm betting they pull hard after "60-80 mph". Also some 600s might even have a higher top speed than your WRX. And a 1-2 mile race is not really good measure, since that bike will top itself out in prob. less than a mile (my SV650S does) and will be waiting for you to FINALLY catch up. Yes, bikes generally have a worse drag coefficient than cars, but with a hp to weight ratio of about 1:3.5, from a dig or roll you will be smoked.

That's one thing that's always bothered me about roll races when arguing drag. A shelby will beat a 325i to it's top speed, but if you KEEP going the drag will let the bmw catch up, need a fixed speed to race to when from a roll. My opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6
    Addressing this ill-informed drag BS:

My friend on his 04 CBR 600RR raced a Z06 with basic mods and prob. a 50 shot from a roll and beat him. Drag really doesn't catch up with bikes till around 130 I think (if I remember right from the Supra forums.) With many new liter bikes doing over 100mph in second, I'm betting they pull hard after "60-80 mph". Also some 600s might even have a higher top speed than your WRX. And a 1-2 mile race is not really good measure, since that bike will top itself out in prob. less than a mile (my SV650S does) and will be waiting for you to FINALLY catch up. Yes, bikes generally have a worse drag coefficient than cars, but with a hp to weight ratio of about 1:3.5, from a dig or roll you will be smoked.

That's one thing that's always bothered me about roll races when arguing drag. A shelby will beat a 325i to it's top speed, but if you KEEP going the drag will let the bmw catch up, need a fixed speed to race to when from a roll. My opinion.
    Yeah, but you know what? If you go longer then the bike will run out of fuel faster and the WRX will win! OWNAGE!!!!

Of course, this makes the cross country truck faster than any car on the road.

LOL That's awesome. In that case, stay away from moto homes and Honda Hybrids, ownage!

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6
    Also some 600s might even have a higher top speed than your WRX. And a 1-2 mile race is not really good measure, since that bike will top itself out in prob. less than a mile (my SV650S does) and will be waiting for you to FINALLY catch up.
    sorry to disappoint anyone but all the new 600's top out at about 165ish, and that's limited by the gearing vs. the power vs. the drag (it could do more than 165 but the engine doesn't have enough power to push it faster through the wind).

As far as I know...there's not a lot of street cars that can do 165...not unless you plan on spending $50k +

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    sorry to disappoint anyone but all the new 600's top out at about 165ish, and that's limited by the gearing vs. the power vs. the drag (it could do more than 165 but the engine doesn't have enough power to push it faster through the wind).

As far as I know...there's not a lot of street cars that can do 165...not unless you plan on spending $50k +
    My car would probably hit 180+ if I had the gearing on race fuel. 170 on pump fuel. I have been to about 163 on pump fuel and don't wish to go faster so I won't ever find out I guess. The FQ400 claims 175 and that is about what my car puts out on pump. Race fuel another 100 hp so I figure 180s would be a fair guess. My gearing would limit me to about 173 or so, but when the hell am I ever going to need that kind of speed anyway. If I was losing by 140ish I think I would just give up. Oh and I would give mildly modified evos and stis low 160s easy as long as they dont have a limiter and that is nowhere near 50k.
    11.1 @ 131

Daymn man! Look at this thread! One dumba$$ post and wow talk about an explosion. Maybe we can catch the Bugeyed Mafia post. I seriously doubt that!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by fre
    My car would probably hit 180+ if I had the gearing on race fuel. 170 on pump fuel. I have been to about 163 on pump fuel and don't wish to go faster so I won't ever find out I guess. The FQ400 claims 175 and that is about what my car puts out on pump. Race fuel another 100 hp so I figure 180s would be a fair guess. My gearing would limit me to about 173 or so, but when the hell am I ever going to need that kind of speed anyway. If I was losing by 140ish I think I would just give up. Oh and I would give mildly modified evos and stis low 160s easy as long as they dont have a limiter and that is nowhere near 50k.
    get it that fast and let me know.

so what do you have done to your car and how much has it cost?

And I figure the evo's and sti's might be able to do 160 but it would take them a lot longer to get there.

What's the trap speed on one of those? the 600's are trapping about 120-130 depending on several different factors. I had mine to an indicated 172, which is about 165ish with speedo error. It's didn't take me that long to get going that fast and I had more room to go, but the slow curves on the interstate started looking more like a 25mph curve than one you would normally take at 70mph.

I think 180 is a bit much, but I could be wrong. But then again after the second year of the busa, all bikes were voluntarily limited to 187mph. Even the new 1k's have limiters on them I believe...

then again I only spent $8k on the cost of my bike plus $120 for a set of differently geared sprokets and a lighter chain.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast