Stg 2 v Yamaha r6? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stg 2 v Yamaha r6? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, few things. My friend owns an 04 600RR with PCIII and exhaust. He played with a Z06 and beat ...

Ok, few things. My friend owns an 04 600RR with PCIII and exhaust. He played with a Z06 and beat it on a roll. The owner said "It's got headers, H pipe, and a little something special." My friend heard no whine so we're guessing some NOS. This was a Z06 which has more power than most wrx's, except maybe some stage 4s. Aerodynamics, from what I've read, don't really hurt bikes until a bit over 100.

Second, a shelby cobra with a 427 might have crappy aerodynamics, but my family and I have a shelby kit and it weighs 1800 pounds. 1800 lbs + 400+hp = very fast quarters. I gaurantee that power:weight ratio would overcome that wrx in a quarter. And I would put money on it.

My guess is he didn't realize you were about to hit it and was in a higher gear than his power band (I've made this mistake on my bike). So he saw you hit it, had to downshift at least once, and then was playing catchup. Go on the supra forums and check out their races against bikes. Most people need around 4-500 hp to beat a 600 from a roll.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I owned an R6 Before my R1 and dude if you were pullin on him ur running close to 11s. I am 315 lbs and still was dam fast on my R6. Props to you on that one!!! The R6 is known to be a beginner bike so I think the rider had a lot of learning to do !!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

an R6 isnt that hard to run down up here in the mile high
    - Local Riceist

I Support ClubWRX
    hah I know when I took mine to school at wyo tech I had to have it dyno tuned in fort collins cuz it wasnt running worth a sh!t in that altitude!! Im way down here around the 1000s and that is dam near 8000

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    Sounds about right, I mean just a couple days ago I beat a Hayabusa by nose.
    what kind of jet did you take the engine off of?
    Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    hah I know when I took mine to school at wyo tech I had to have it dyno tuned in fort collins cuz it wasnt running worth a sh!t in that altitude!! Im way down here around the 1000s and that is dam near 8000

You live in Oregon and you drove to fort collins to have the car dynoed?
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

Quote Originally Posted by Damien83
    You live in Oregon and you drove to fort collins to have the car dynoed?
    He went to Wyo Tech
    - Local Riceist

Damn i'm retarded i missed that part of his post.
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

Anything is possible!! But more than likely, inexperienced biker!!
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoinks
    Hayabusas are teh sl0wn3ss. I put like 4 cars on one from 90-140. Flippin n00bs.
    was just reading through the thread,,, its one of those two options, either you car has like 1000bhp or the 'busa wasn't trying at ALL!! The Suzuki Hayabusa has a 1300cc engine, it was the fastest bike in the world in the year 2000, and still one of the FASTEST!! it reaches 60mph on first gear, and has 6 gears, I really can't see how that happened..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCamel
    was just reading through the thread,,, its one of those two options, either you car has like 1000bhp or the 'busa wasn't trying at ALL!! The Suzuki Hayabusa has a 1300cc engine, it was the fastest bike in the world in the year 2000, and still one of the FASTEST!! it reaches 60mph on first gear, and has 6 gears, I really can't see how that happened..
    Not too quick @ catchin sarcasm are ya
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCamel
    busas are slow, in all seriousness.

the new kawasaki zx-10r and the yamaha r1 can do 100mph in 1st gear if you have enough ballz I hear...

The Busa is the fastest bike in the America as far as top speed, I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the acceleration goes to the Kawasaki ZX-10R. But the R1 is definitely right behind it!!!
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

All the Liter bikes top out in the 180s somewhere. I think the new GSXR 1000 has the best 1/4 time of the new liters, but they're all very close.

Stats on the Busa:
    http://bikez.com/motorcycles/suzuki_...abusa_2000.php

474 pounds
    175 horsepower!
    138 ft/lbs
    Top Speed 186mph

2005 R1:
    180 hp
    110 ft/lbs
    379.2 pounds

I remember on Supraforums the people were saying you need around 700hp to hang with a Liter bike.

A viper has hard time getting away from a stock busa from stand still,, it manages to gets away, but just barely, with the busa's nosw at the viper's real wheel, but a alightly moded busa has no problems taking a viper..

the ZX-12R is the fastest at the moment I think..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.