Stg 2 v Yamaha r6? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stg 2 v Yamaha r6? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by YZFWV people need to learn how to ride...The streets not a race track and that's what kills ...

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    people need to learn how to ride...The streets not a race track and that's what kills people...go fast but keep it under control, because deer/sand/18-wheeler > 350lb motorcycle.

That being said, even the old 02,03 r6's were running mid 11's in the 1/4. And if you go further than a 1/4, you'll definately lose. Hell, I'd race from 6th if I could get a push start and still beat most any car on the road if the road was long enough. Most cars are lucky to make it over 150mph....the r6 would keep on chugging until it was stopped by wind resistance at about 167....and the new liter bikes....forget about it....they're all voluntarily limited at 187....think you can get your wrx to go that fast with a mclaren pushing it?
    Nope.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Pure comedy.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

Quote Originally Posted by StngStr
    Pure comedy.

+1

BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

well i have a crotch rocket i will race you you can have a 5 car head start how about that? 9 sec 1/4 vs a low teens hmmm..... no but seriously he wasnt trying especially from a roll that is where all his (power) is not in the launch .
    Assumption is the mother of all ***** UPS!

Hey Scoob, I bet you pissed him off somethin awful, but yeah a 600CC Bike traps above 130MPH, maybe on a BAD lauch and just a causual roll out his is STILL toping 122MPH, unless your car is that fast (stage 2 =230WHP) then IDK how you did it, but you did it, maybe he forgot to put it in gear? Maybe he upshifted to the wrong gear? maybe he accidenatlly deployed his anchor?

IDK, not doubting you, but hey a Ninja 250 would probably still beat you.

Friend of mine has a liter bike that dyno'd at over 200 HP at the rear wheel. He was running at the local 1/8 mile track busting down 118 to 120 mph traps..... again, that is in the 1/8th mile, not in the 1/4. He hit a patch of oil at the top end just after a 118 mph run and slid / tumbled down the rest of the track.

It made him think a LOT about all the crap he has pulled on the street without an ambulance standing by.

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

i'll chalk it up as a bad rider..... i had my wife drive my evo and i rode my gixxer 6 and we went from a 50 punch.... put the EVO in the rearview quick. im not the best rider but i can handle my bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IM001053.JPG  
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

KAREEM>?!>!>!>!>!>!>!>!>!>!>

wtf are the chances, bro? its matt, and click my goddamn link in my sig and youll know what the **** i mean!!!!!!!!!

i sold the protege and all the parts bro

Go learn how to ride and then come back to say how it went. Speaking from both sides of the fence, even a 600 would embarrass a WRX in any speed contest.

I hate street racing, but there is no way an experienced rider would have fallen behind if he was trying. Go over to cycleforums.com and see how many kids rev on the riders over there. Theyre constantly posting as to how when it happens, they pretend to put up a good fight so the kid in the car comes on to their home sites and brags. In essence embarrassing the home site.

BTW, a 600's trap speed is between 120-125 easy. Stg2 WRX, maybe 100-101. That drag isnt slowing the bike down that much yet. They dont really get an advantage at the lights either. 60 ft's of around 2 sec, maybe a little faster.

the guy already admitted to not winning really here....its not like hes arguing anymore lol

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    the guy already admitted to not winning really here....its not like hes arguing anymore lol
    What is this a mercy-submission beatdown! Uncle dammit!!!!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

I had a Triumph Speed four 600 and have ridden a CBR 600RR. no comparison to my stg. 2 wrx. It was fun but it wasn't a race.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by svc
    Fvk the elves, it's bling season

Sponsored by: BoostBuddy.com

Re: Stg 2 v Yamaha r6?

- Local Riceist

Not even sure why Im bothering to throw in my $.02, but...with a trap speed of 130ish, and a top speed of over 160, a WRX isnt going to catch a 600cc sport bike unless the race is on gravel...period

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast