Stg 2 v Yamaha r6? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stg 2 v Yamaha r6? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i had a cbr600 and i regular stomped corvettes and once a ferrari with just a vance/hines exhaust. makes me ...

i had a cbr600 and i regular stomped corvettes and once a ferrari with just a vance/hines exhaust. makes me laugh that you think they were even trying.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    i had a cbr600 and i regular stomped corvettes and once a ferrari with just a vance/hines exhaust. makes me laugh that you think they were even trying.
    Yeah your probably right, oh well it was funny anyway.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

"I mean 40-60 mph in 3 -4 seconds or so is obviously good and strong acceleration."

Not when your bike can go from 0-60 in less than 3 seconds....

If your car is running honest mid 13's you stand a chance to run with an EX500 from a roll.
    They make 1/2 the power of a 600 and have the same weight. From a dig if the rider gets a good 7500 rpm launch you won't catch him until you get over 100mph, and then you will just ease by, no big parachute suddenly opens on the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Yeah your probably right, oh well it was funny anyway.
    maybe they were scared ****less to run that fast.

definitely got lucky...being an wrx owner and sportbike rider, the bike should have eaten you..kinda like a Porsche GT2 racing a pontiac sunfire. he must have missed a gear, been a new rider, or just in the wrong gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

CW just did a full test on the SM version of the DRZ400. It has street tires and 1" lower suspension. 14.2@90, 5.2 0-60, 34 whp at 7600 rpm.

lol 34 whp. i bet that dyno plot is cute

Quote Originally Posted by c00lbeans
    lol 34 whp. i bet that dyno plot is cute
    A DRZ400 is a 250-300lb dirt bike and 14.2 in the 1/4 is damn good for a bike not meant to be able to go fast.

EDIT: actually it probably weighs more around 200-250lbs.
    Last edited by TheReaper; 05-22-2005 at 04:47 AM.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

I'm guessing new rider. There just isnt a comparison between bikes and cars.
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

Quote Originally Posted by Damien83
    I'm guessing new rider. There just isnt a comparison between bikes and cars.
    Yeah your right man.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

I own one of those bikes. With about 1/2 tank of fuel, the street junk removed and bark busters addded, it weighs in at 295. About 2745 pounds less than my Subaru. It takes mods with very little hassle if you want to go faster, but then a 250 pound off road only bike that makes 50+ hp can be bought off the showroom for almost the same price. Just doesn't have a tag bracket, etc.

Comparing a DR400 to a Subaru is sort of legitimate on a hard smooth dirt road or a drag strip that is about it. Hard smooth dirt roads are rare special things found mostly in daydreams and prepared rally courses. Of the gazillon I know of around here, I can think of one that is smooth and hard enough to really let the RS shine. (Same suspension set up as a stock WRX I've heard)

The car has a lot better top speed, but handling of the 400 is so much better it is not even in the same ballpark, not that a Suby can't hold its own, but in deep rutted sand, the bike could go an easy 50-60 mph, where the car could manage a very sketchy 25 mph due to lack of traction of the tires and the weight. (I was happy to not have to dig it out or slip and slide into a ditch.) The suspension is good for a car, but way too soft for hitting potholes at 90mph. You have to slow down to a crawl for bumps you wouldn't even think about on the bike. And don't even mention ground clearance and overhang, etc... Also the bike has a sequential transmission and can dodge large obsticals pretty well because it is skinny. On pavement the bike can corner as hard as the car with full knobbies, and with street tires, it can do much better.

Of course the car can keep you dry in a storm and safe in an impact, and it has AC and a radio, obvious advantages for the 5 work days of the week.

If scoob doesn't know bikes too well he could have raced one of these toads. 14.5 in the 1/4. It has a GSXR looking cowling, but a stone age 2 valve air cooled twin engine, 40 hp, 411 pounds dry, figure 430 ready to ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS500FK5.jpg  

I'm still guessing new rider, i've been learning to ride a motorcycle and i know that if I tried to race on any bike, i'd pretty much get wasted by most cars cause im such a noob at it. Who cares tho right? A kill is a kill lol, sooo nice kill.
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

FYI, one of my last bikes dynow 158whp. (worked 1991 gsxr1100,carbs,pistons exh gears....). still only did 10 flatish in 1/4 but was a wheely monster....lol. It was just as fast as my last bike, "busa". The new bikes are insane. So much lighter, better suspention and BREAKS!!! No average fast car will hang onywhere near one. i had a bud's r6 pull well on my stang (400+hp).
    I Hit walls on both of them going to hot into a left turn. Turns kill on bikes!!!! Almost all the fatalities ive seen on bikes have been early season outings going to hot into a turn. Left=curb, wall,tree . Right = oncomeing traffic .

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    FYI, one of my last bikes dynow 158whp. (worked 1991 gsxr1100,carbs,pistons exh gears....). still only did 10 flatish in 1/4 but was a wheely monster....lol. It was just as fast as my last bike, "busa". The new bikes are insane. So much lighter, better suspention and BREAKS!!! No average fast car will hang onywhere near one. i had a bud's r6 pull well on my stang (400+hp).
    I Hit walls on both of them going to hot into a left turn. Turns kill on bikes!!!! Almost all the fatalities ive seen on bikes have been early season outings going to hot into a turn. Left=curb, wall,tree . Right = oncomeing traffic .

people need to learn how to ride...The streets not a race track and that's what kills people...go fast but keep it under control, because deer/sand/18-wheeler > 350lb motorcycle.

That being said, even the old 02,03 r6's were running mid 11's in the 1/4. And if you go further than a 1/4, you'll definately lose. Hell, I'd race from 6th if I could get a push start and still beat most any car on the road if the road was long enough. Most cars are lucky to make it over 150mph....the r6 would keep on chugging until it was stopped by wind resistance at about 167....and the new liter bikes....forget about it....they're all voluntarily limited at 187....think you can get your wrx to go that fast with a mclaren pushing it?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast