s2k w/ exhaust vs wrx mbc and other races
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on s2k w/ exhaust vs wrx mbc and other races within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yea i raced my friends s2k on a 30 mph roll in 2nd i believe. He just has an exhaust ...

s2k w/ exhaust vs wrx mbc and other races

Yea i raced my friends s2k on a 30 mph roll in 2nd i believe. He just has an exhaust and I have an mbc set at 14.3. I took him by 1 car and half when we shut down at about 90. But he did have 1 person in his car while i had none. You think that is about right? Who here has beaten s2ks on a roll?

I also raced a b18c1 eg hatch. We both had a passenger, we went from a 1st gear roll around 20 to about 80 but there was a car in my lane. When i shut down we were dead even. The gsr motor was stock. Didnt know those things were that fast. I had my mbc in also same boost.

I then raced an E36 M3 off the line to about 100...we raced twice and both times he was at my rear bumper and couldnt pass and he wasnt catching up either this is also with my mbc on. Wow what 40 dollars can do for a wrx.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MisterFast
    Wow what 40 dollars can do for a wrx.
    I hope you have another few hundred laying around for when you turbo craps out on you from running a MBC with full cats.

on another note, nice runs. I am suprised you did so well against the S2k. Was his passanger like 300lbs?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

yea my mbc is out i only ran it for like 1 month or so because i saw smoke coming from the turbo area. But i was guessing that that was a coolant leak because it only happend once. It happend again but it seems to happen on and off. hahaa no the passenger wasnt 300 more like 180ish.

whats the danger of running an mbc with full cats? is it because the boost comes on too quick and strong for the turbo to let exhaust back out? My turbo still hits peak boost with it off and ive been running it w/o the mbc on for about 2 months now and the car runs strong and i dont feel or hear anything unusual with the turbo. But maybe once every 3 weeks white smoke comes out from around the turbo area. Do you think it could be the turbo itself?

My encounters with S2000 have been all wins. Great cars though.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by MisterFast
    whats the danger of running an mbc with full cats? is it because the boost comes on too quick and strong for the turbo to let exhaust back out? My turbo still hits peak boost with it off and ive been running it w/o the mbc on for about 2 months now and the car runs strong and i dont feel or hear anything unusual with the turbo. But maybe once every 3 weeks white smoke comes out from around the turbo area. Do you think it could be the turbo itself?
    Generally you want to only run a MBC with a catless uppipe. The danger is that the extra heat produced from the increased boost can cause the cat material in the uppipe to flake and break apart, therefore sending the Upipe cat pieces into the turbo and ruining the turbo.

It is not for sure that this will happen, buts a good rule of thumb to only run a MBC w/ the catless uppipe.
    Just call me Clark Kent

nice kills, im not surprised with the s2k result, explanation below. m3 results are more impressive. Be careful with that mbc, go catless!! less danger with mbc and a lot more power.

s2k's are quick off a roll but not if your racing them at 30mph in 2nd gear. Its like running a wrx in 2nd at 20mph and winning. If you want a real race run him around 45mph, he could probably still be in 1st at 30 and if he is, bye bye wrx. what year was the s2k?? older ones are a little easier to beat
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 05-21-2005 at 05:37 PM.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    m3 results are more impressive.
    how so?

He said it was an E36 and he ran it form a dig. E36 M3 only runs mid to low 14's (14.1-14.4) so the fact that he had the M3 until 90mph in a MBC wrx is not that shocking. I think you thought he was refering to an E46, which in that case then it would be REALLY impressive
    Just call me Clark Kent

oh sh!t, i thought he ran it off a roll for some reason.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

a wrx w/mbc and exhaust mods will beat a s2000 any day of the week....as long as the WRXs gets a good lauch. The rex will stay in the lead til 80-90mph....at that point the s2000 will start to reel you in. I know, one of my best friends had a s2000....and he got pissed that I was able to pull away that hard down low....so, he got an EVO and now does the same thing, except to me this time.

On the fwy, the s2000 will win for sure if the rex has only mbc. If the rex is catless (ie turboback, it will put up a fight on the fwy, and probably pull on the s2000.
    Vishnu XEDE = $995
    Helix uppipe & downpipe = $550
    Borla XR-1 catback = $500
    Shiv custom tune = PRICELESS

to find out why, click here: http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=137464

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.