What you think of the Mini Cooper S - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37

This is a discussion on What you think of the Mini Cooper S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex That is nuts. With ECU and TBE you should be trapping 108mph or so, which ...

  1. #31
    Registered User 04wrx4keeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Central NY/ Western PA (for school)
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    That is nuts. With ECU and TBE you should be trapping 108mph or so, which is about 15mph higher than a stock. I cant see pulley, exhaust, ECU and tune making that much of a difference. You dont even get those kind of results from a Cobra with those mods!!
    Did you start a 30mph in like 4th gear?
    Mini-S with those mods should only be trapping about 100mph
    At first I was thinking the same thing, but hey on the street anything can happen. Also remember he said he had a passenger, so at least 100lbs+ in extra weight in the Sti that wasnt in the cooper. I have never driven an Sti so I dont really know the powerband, but I know in a turbo car from a roll the instant torque from the supercharger seems like it would make it 'seem' alot faster in a short speed blast from like 30-85.

    If you havent watched the video of the 600+whp evo racing all those na and supercharged cars then go do it cuz they're sweet videos, but this is the same thing, except neither car is accelerating (the sti and the mini) at those kinds of velocity. I would guess in most of those videos theyre pulling like 40 or 60mph to well over 100+ (thats definatly a 9-10 second evo, so in the few seconds their racing its deffinatly getting up there pretty quickly). In a 30-80 run it would most likely appear that the cobras were "keeping up" with the evo even though the evo probably traps a good deal higher because they were letting off before they could get much faster.

    With less lag in the Sti, and less hp overall in both cars I think it would seem like the mini was keeping up close at 85 even thought the Sti traps alot higher, even if the Sti was pulling on it the whole way, I think it would have gotten alot worse for t he mini 100mph+.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User Tgui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Arlington VA
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    At first I was thinking the same thing, but hey on the street anything can happen. Also remember he said he had a passenger, so at least 100lbs+ in extra weight in the Sti that wasnt in the cooper. I have never driven an Sti so I dont really know the powerband, but I know in a turbo car from a roll the instant torque from the supercharger seems like it would make it 'seem' alot faster in a short speed blast from like 30-85.

    If you havent watched the video of the 600+whp evo racing all those na and supercharged cars then go do it cuz they're sweet videos, but this is the same thing, except neither car is accelerating (the sti and the mini) at those kinds of velocity. I would guess in most of those videos theyre pulling like 40 or 60mph to well over 100+ (thats definatly a 9-10 second evo, so in the few seconds their racing its deffinatly getting up there pretty quickly). In a 30-80 run it would most likely appear that the cobras were "keeping up" with the evo even though the evo probably traps a good deal higher because they were letting off before they could get much faster.

    With less lag in the Sti, and less hp overall in both cars I think it would seem like the mini was keeping up close at 85 even thought the Sti traps alot higher, even if the Sti was pulling on it the whole way, I think it would have gotten alot worse for t he mini 100mph+.
    I was a little off boost. Granted, had I known he actually had mods, I would have been a little more careful with my gear selection. Nasty mini in either case, he had plenty of money in that thing.

    No lag Mini + me a bit off boost.. well.. yeah it happened. I'm positive that had we taken things to 100mph, I'd be passing him no problem.

  4. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    139
    Gay or not I like the Minis. I think that stems from the new version of The Italian Job. What a great chase scene!!!

    Tony

  5. #34
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,960
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    Gay or not I like the Minis. I think that stems from the new version of The Italian Job. What a great chase scene!!!
    That and it made me tingle to watch Charlize Theron drive that old skool Mini around the way she did..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  6. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Chicago Burbs
    Posts
    207
    Too bad it was all fake...
    Don-
    03' Sedona Red Pearl WRX **FOR SALE**
    Built axis 2.5, Rotated GT35R kit .82 with a JDM Six spd 500+awhp on race 400awhp on pump
    2007 Mustang GT 5 spd
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

  7. #36
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,960
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by beecha91
    Too bad it was all fake...
    I'd still hit it.






    If I weren't married....and too shy....and old....and funny-lookin'...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  8. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Chicago Burbs
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    I'd still hit it.






    If I weren't married....and too shy....and old....and funny-lookin'...

    Don-
    03' Sedona Red Pearl WRX **FOR SALE**
    Built axis 2.5, Rotated GT35R kit .82 with a JDM Six spd 500+awhp on race 400awhp on pump
    2007 Mustang GT 5 spd
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •