What you think of the Mini Cooper S - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What you think of the Mini Cooper S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by WrxRick My friend owns a Mini Cooper S. I have raced him at the track with my ...

Quote Originally Posted by WrxRick
    My friend owns a Mini Cooper S. I have raced him at the track with my celica GTS, and he beat me by about 1 1/2 car lengths, mainly from the start . I was wondering if you guys had any Experiences in racing one of these Mini Cooper S's. How do they compare to the stock WRX or stage 2 wrx? Just wondering.
    I think they're slow :-) A couple guys I work with just got them, they are actually a lot roomier than they appear (at least in terms of headroom). A wrx and S would be a good race, especially if no launch is involved.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Mini 's back seat sucks. its un comfortable. looks cool my mom wanted one.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien83
    I'm suprised his mini beat you that badly, I raced one in Denver and it was pretty ugly for him.
    the race that he lost to a mini S was not in his rex. he said it was in his Celica
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yes, I read that but wasn't there some discussion about the celica gts being comparable to the wrx without the launch? When i raced it was from a roll, he was with some people from MAC autosports and evidently its not a street car anymore.
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

Quote Originally Posted by Damien83
    Yes, I read that but wasn't there some discussion about the celica gts being comparable to the wrx without the launch? When i raced it was from a roll, he was with some people from MAC autosports and evidently its not a street car anymore.
    Celica GTS has some pretty decent topend so from a roll it will run pretty close to a stock wrx at higher speeds. The GTS only runs low 15's but it will trap about 93mph and some really good drivers have gotten high 14's and trap 94/95mph which will run next to a wrx until about 90mph and then slowly pass it.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I got a 17 with my automatic gts hahah, but it was my first time racing.

I Support ClubWRX
    wow...did not know that
    Actually, there are very few new stock cars that are as nimble as a Mini. Gay looking or not, I'd like to take one of those things for a drive some time.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Does anyone know if that showdown ever happened between the sti and the mini? I believe it was over on Nasioc at least a year ago.

Nevermind I found the cliff notes:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...postcount=1207

Sounds like it got a bit out of hand.

The most annoying thing about that challenge, way back when, was that they kept talking about that particular race prepped heavily modded Mini as though it was "practically like stock". A stock STi, given equal drivers, should handle a stock Mini. Though it is a fantastic handling car and might be a bit more nimble, the STi makes up for it with power and being able to put that power down earlier coming out of the corners.

In an autox event, I'm not sure which would be faster...I guess it depends on how many straight portions there are.
    2005 Aspen White STi

I've only really seen one mini that I really liked and that was owned by a chitown suby owner. It was the light blue color with tints and some nice wheels. I haven't sat in one but from the looks of it I kind of like them as they do stray away from the norm and I love 2dr hatchbacks. I wish they'd put some more power in it and a AWD drivetrain

My friend owns a Mini Cooper S. I have raced him at the track with my celica GTS, and he beat me by about 1 1/2 car lengths, mainly from the start . I was wondering if you guys had any Experiences in racing one of these Mini Cooper S's. How do they compare to the stock WRX or stage 2 wrx? Just wondering.
    Yeah I would have to say that with only 120 pounds of torque you arent gonna get much from a dig. And like the others said. A wrx can take a mini as long as the driver doesnt suck a$$. I would like to take out a mini for a run as well. Probably be pretty fun!

I was very surprised by a mini I met a couple weeks ago.

Me, STi UTEC + Turbo Back + 1 passenger

Him, Pullies, Exhaust, ECU Tune... + misc. 0 passenger.

From a stop, no contest, ME

At a roll 30mph+ to about 85mph... uhhh... he was right with me, even passing me a little. He was laughing the whole time. I was VERY impressed. I believe he was Indian seek(sp)? with the turbin sort of thing. (I only mention this because if anyone knows him, I'd love to chat more than just yelling at highway speeds, this was in Reston VA).

These little cars done right can be FAST little buggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgui
    I was very surprised by a mini I met a couple weeks ago.

Me, STi UTEC + Turbo Back + 1 passenger

Him, Pullies, Exhaust, ECU Tune... + misc. 0 passenger.

From a stop, no contest, ME

At a roll 30mph+ to about 85mph... uhhh... he was right with me, even passing me a little. He was laughing the whole time. I was VERY impressed. I believe he was Indian seek(sp)? with the turbin sort of thing. (I only mention this because if anyone knows him, I'd love to chat more than just yelling at highway speeds, this was in Reston VA).

These little cars done right can be FAST little buggers.
    That is nuts. With ECU and TBE you should be trapping 108mph or so, which is about 15mph higher than a stock. I cant see pulley, exhaust, ECU and tune making that much of a difference. You dont even get those kind of results from a Cobra with those mods!!
    Did you start a 30mph in like 4th gear?
    Mini-S with those mods should only be trapping about 100mph
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, something's wrong there...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast