Spanked 2 M3's Tonight..
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Spanked 2 M3's Tonight.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last week I mentioned that I hooked up with a slightly modded E46 M3. Lighter wheels , droped K&N and ...

Spanked 2 M3's Tonight..

Last week I mentioned that I hooked up with a slightly modded E46 M3. Lighter wheels , droped K&N and Haman Exhasust (sounds sick)..anyways since than I went wingless on my sti and he wanted to see it.. so we met up and he brought his buddy 2004 E46 M3 Phenox yellow.. Smg the other guys is 6 speed.. anyways they wanted to do a few runs.. from a roll 4 runs in total
    1st 2 from 55 pmh I had them both by 2 cars..werid thing is that the yellow one bone stock kept up pretty close with the modded grey 6 speed? I guess Smg betetr shifting?

next 2 runs from roll little higher 70 mph (bad for me) much closer has them bith by 1/4 maybe 1/2 a car but walking away sloooowwly. The yellow M3 owner was tripping out over my car and fell inlove with it.. lol.
    than we went to this long stretch road did a few rom stop.. yellow one got muuurrrrrrderd by me..I guess u can't really rev up and dump the clucth from a stop.. it was pathetic how badly I killed him from a stop that he just gave up .. the Grey 6 speed wasn't as bad. I had him by 1 car lenghth till end of 5th..
    conclusion.. smg is better on the highway 6 speed better from a dead stop.
    I dyno 302 whp 19 psi of boost.. pretty hapy so far. I need to lower my car and eta lip now that I am wingless..
    I am sorry again I didnt get this on video.. I was so pisssed ..it wasa unexpeted meet again

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very nice.. Do you mind listing your car and mods?

My buddy just got a brand new 2005 SMG M3.. Im Cobb Stage2 WRX... We ran from dig I hardly launched around 3-4k and I had him by a nose through 1st, power shifted 2nd and gained another few inches held him off maybe even gaining centimeters, all the way to 80 where we shut down. We ran a few times from a roll between 30-50 and we were pretty much dead even. Totally unexpected results..

Later that night we raced a white STi in the M3( it was on rinaldi street maybe your on this site) and we ran him from a dig and from a roll. And believe it or not the M had the STi off the launch! Dude in the STi chirped his tires on the launch, def not a 7k launch probably between 4-5k and the M scooted away as the AWD lost traction! Then around 50 the STi started inching up very slightly until we shut down around 70 with the STi at the M's door. From a 35 mph roll, looked like the M lurched forward a little and held that distance for a little bit then around 50 the STi started very very slowly gaining (Im assuming this is due to his turbo spooling) till we we shut down around 80.. Never got a chance to talk to this guy as he made a quick left and booked, might have slightly modded as I saw some sort of electronics stickied to the middle of his windshield, might have been a radar dector, maybe an avcr, no clue..

Still the M is a freakin beast and I love it.. It is so beautiful.. The interior makes me drool.. The power it has above 100mph is unreal.. Brakes are super powerful, probably the best I have ever felt.. I was the one who convinced my buddy to buy one, telling him he would definitely be smashing on me, STi's and EVO's.. I told him they might be able to hang until about 35-55 when the M would start pulling away hard, but looks like thats not the case.. Maybe the STi can hang till 80-90 when the M starts pulling away? Need more testing..

Also Im hypothesising that maybe the M will get faster with time? My buddy only has 1200 miles on it.. Right past break in.. hehe..

I know this sounds like BS.. I would have probably thought the same thing.. But trust me, I dont have the time nor the desire to come onto a board telling some crazy tales so that i feel like my car is fast. This is what really went down and I just want to share and discuss this info. Also, my buddy is pretty good with the SMG shifter already.. I know he will probably get better, but when I ride with him, a blast from 0-100 makes me almost orgasm.. The shifting is soo Dope.. I have driven it a few times and the SMG is pretty easy and very very sweet. I have drivin the porsche 911 tiptronics and I like this SMG ver 2 alot more..
    Last edited by Paul__420; 05-19-2005 at 11:34 PM.

nice..

All the sti needs a engine managment with a tbe and kiss the M3 good bye from a roll.. my mods are Gt spec headers. Ecutek Tbe 3" Hks Boc and 19 psi of boost.. stage 3 act clutch helps too..lol

Way to take out those M3s. I guess that your races just proves how maxed out those are from factory. Anything short of a s/c or turbo setup is not going to gain too much power. I haven't had the pleasure of destroying an M3 lately, hopefully I will start seeing them again, so I can wipe the highway clean with them.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

lol

with 365 whp I dont think you will have a problem..

Quote Originally Posted by zigger
    with 365 whp I dont think you will have a problem..
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Paul__420
    Very nice.. Do you mind listing your car and mods?

My buddy just got a brand new 2005 SMG M3.. Im Cobb Stage2 WRX... We ran from dig I hardly launched around 3-4k and I had him by a nose through 1st, power shifted 2nd and gained another few inches held him off maybe even gaining centimeters, all the way to 80 where we shut down. We ran a few times from a roll between 30-50 and we were pretty much dead even. Totally unexpected results...
    WoW ... i would think from a roll he should kill you.......
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhunter
    WoW ... i would think from a roll he should kill you.......
    I had a run with an e46 M3 when i was Cobb stage 2, from about 30-80 with the exact same results (i was actually pulling a little bit down low). I was surprised a little bit, but it seems most bmw's are geared for higher speeds, so above 100 I know it would have turned around quick, we couldnt go any faster as we were catching up to traffic and had to shut down.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Nothing like seeing the guys face in an M3 after you walk him.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

when I was COBB stage 2, I would hold off a e46 smg M3 til about 80-85mph....at that point, he would start to walk me. Same goes for a C5 vette....I was only ahead til 85mph because of an awesome launch, then he blew by me like I wasnt moving.

Our cars are good for stoplight to stoplight type of racing.....nothing too extreme, and definately not fwy racing.
    Vishnu XEDE = $995
    Helix uppipe & downpipe = $550
    Borla XR-1 catback = $500
    Shiv custom tune = PRICELESS

to find out why, click here: http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=137464

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    I have been looking for a cocky E46 driver since I got my friggin' car with no luck...!

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    I have been looking for a cocky E46 driver since I got my friggin' car with no luck...!

Well then you have not seen any M3s huh? because they are all cocky sunsobishes
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

LOL....even if I get walked by a STi in an M3 Id still take the M3 home..no comparison.

on a side note...
    My brother just got his 05 SMG and we killed a stock evo 8 from a 60mph roll to 110 by about 5 cars last night.

M3 is money....end of story, anyone who has driven one knows what im sayin.

m3's are really top end machines. The new e46 vanos is putting down 330crank and 240-260ft/lbs tq....some rediculous number

anyways, from those numbers you can see they don't really pull like an sti or some other car with an equal amount of tq.

it's like my jetta (yeah, I'm sure you're getting sick of the numbers) 200whp/250tq. I've gone up against stuff I shouldn't have won against and pulled on them, while I've lost to stuff that I shouldn't have (mainly because the torque starts falling off at 3500 rpm...).

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    21 psi STi versus M3 SC (Vid)

Quote Originally Posted by converted
    LOL....even if I get walked by a STi in an M3 Id still take the M3 home..no comparison.
    +1

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.