got to ride in a Z06 then saw a dork in an Evo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on got to ride in a Z06 then saw a dork in an Evo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend just bought an 04 Z06 and he wanted to show it to me. So I took a ride ...

WRX

got to ride in a Z06 then saw a dork in an Evo

My friend just bought an 04 Z06 and he wanted to show it to me. So I took a ride out there. I didn't get to race him in my car, but I did get a ride in the thing. OMFG that thing is fast as all hell! He took off normally, then punched it in 2nd. I have never had my head thrown back so hard in a car before. OMG! We went from about 30 to 80 and I could barely lift my head off the back of the seat. This thing is a beast. It's stock for now, but he wants to add a blower with about 4lbs of boost and other goodies.
    I couldn't really see the interior because it was dark out, but I'm sure it was hawt.

Anyways, on the way home, I get next to an Evo. It was a blue one totally debadged with what looked like an exhaust. I totally wanted to race him, and we pulled up to a red. The wife gave me the evil eye, so I didn't launch. But to my surprise, neither did he. He was staring ahead the whole time, so I figured he would go, but nope. So I just decide to cruise at the speed limit. This dork (still not looking over at this point) decides to slow down a bit... then he guns it. He just goes through 1 gear to show me that he is invincible then starts driving normally again. So I get back next to him (he still doesn't look over) to try and give him thumbs up. Since this guy had such a lack of personality to look over for a micro second, I gunned it. But so did he Not sure if he was in the right gear though, because we stayed together for about 2 seconds, then I pulled past him pretty quickly and he must've just shut down because he fell pretty far back. We get up to the next light with him in the turning lane, and I roll down my window to compliment him on his nice ride. He adjusts his huge (we're talkin NASA huge) radar detector without acknowledging me in the least, and guns it around the corner.
    Dude if you're going to try and present yourself as a 'tuner' at least have the balls to turn your head and look or lift your arm for a wave or something. This guy looked like a mid 30's dork though.

OH, and I saw an SVT Cobra and Lightning go at it. I sooooo badly wanted to play but my wife was again giving me the evil eye.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

And just when we feel that we have enough torque.... this Z06 has to show us up eh.

Did your buddy buy the white Z0 that was for sale out in schaumberg?

I know a longshot.

WRX
    no, it was a silver one. Slightly used with 18,000 on the ODO.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

i <3 zo6
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Nah, it was Colonel Mustard, using teh shockAr in teh bedroom.

C5 Z06s are slow pigs.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.