Two kills, neither close (RX8, some newer porsche)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Two kills, neither close (RX8, some newer porsche) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So im heading down central avenue coming off highway 18 in auburn when a black convertible porsche pulls up next ...

Two kills, neither close (RX8, some newer porsche)

So im heading down central avenue coming off highway 18 in auburn when a black convertible porsche pulls up next to me and doesn't even look over. I revved to him and waved and he waved back but then slowly pulled up ahead.

All of a sudden I heard a downshift and accel so I hit it in 2nd at about 45...perfect =). I began to pass him very quickly as we started coming up on another vehicle so we had to brake. My first semi kill on a porsche but Im not sure exactly how, as I don't see a newer porsche that I could beat from a roll and it was definetly a manual. Maybe he couldn't drive =P.

Next was a blue RX8. He instigated so I waved him forward. I was amazed how slow it was as I proceeded to put a few car lengths on him in about 40 mph of race. He got next to me and motioned for a window rolldown and asked what I had done so I talked to him at the next light. Nice guy and he had intake and exhaust which I didn't hear...so it must have been quiet exhaust.
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yea rx8s suck. good kill

Was the porsche a Boxster? It was a convertable, so if it had the 2 exhaust tips (or sometimes one big oval one) in the center of the bumper then it was a Boxster, which by your sig you should be able to beat from a roll as long as it was the base model, especially if it was one of the 90's models as i think they had a little less hp. They usually trap from 92-95ish with the Boxster-s trapping around or a little above 100.
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 05-17-2005 at 08:24 PM.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    Was the porsche a Boxster? It was a convertable, so if it had the 2 exhaust tips (or sometimes one big oval one) in the center of the bumper then it was a Boxster, which by your sig you should be able to beat from a roll as long as it was the base model, especially if it was one of the 90's models as i think they had a little less hp. They usually trap from 92-95ish with the Boxster-s trapping around or a little above 100.
    ahh, that would make alot more sense then cause I pulled him pretty hard and he hit it first. It was two exhaust tips in the center, and it sounded like a turbo, but Im sure its just a normal porsche noise as a turbo wouldn't have even let me get close enough to read its rear plates. Those things do sound very nice, and the sound only gets better the closer to the exhaust you get =P
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

picking on rx8's tsk tsk.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    picking on rx8's tsk tsk.

Yeah but isn't it soo much fun!! They are all looks and no motor. Greddy is now making a turbo kit for it and I believe even after the 6k kit it is only putting down 230ish
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.