03 Evo8 vs. 05 LS2 Vett - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

This is a discussion on 03 Evo8 vs. 05 LS2 Vett within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; good read...

  1. #16
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,931
    good read

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User 03EBZ06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Near St. Louis
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    Motor Trend or Car & Driver, I cant remember which.


    ...
    The Motor Trend mag times about worthless, they hardly ever come close to real world numbers.

    Also stock Z06 cannot reach 180 mph top speed.

    My bone stock Z06 ran 12.2@115.

  4. #18
    Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,814
    Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    The Motor Trend mag times about worthless, they hardly ever come close to real world numbers.

    Also stock Z06 cannot reach 180 mph top speed.

    My bone stock Z06 ran 12.2@115.

    First of all we are talking about the 2006 LS7 Z06, not the C5 Z06. Also my 2005 C6 will hit 186 as its top speed, as will all of them. The 2006 C6 Z06 will do 190+ and run 11 sec times......


    ...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

    *2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

  5. #19
    Registered User 03EBZ06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Near St. Louis
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    First of all we are talking about the 2006 LS7 Z06, not the C5 Z06. Also my 2005 C6 will hit 186 as its top speed, as will all of them. The 2006 C6 Z06 will do 190+ and run 11 sec times......


    ...
    This post was what I was referring to about C5 Z06's inability to reach 180 mph...the numbers that you've quoted out of some unknown magazine. You were the one who posted C5 Z06 numbers and I simply responded to your numbers.

    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    as compared to 2005 C6...

    1/4 mile in 12.6 @ 114 mph
    0-60 in 4.1 seconds
    Top speed 186 mph


    ...

  6. #20
    Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,814
    Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    This post was what I was referring to about C5 Z06's inability to reach 180 mph...the numbers that you've quoted out of some unknown magazine. You were the one who posted C5 Z06 numbers and I simply responded to your numbers.
    I NEVER POSTED C5 Z06 Numbers

    2005 C6

    Almost every magazine I look in manages to clock an ET of 12.6 @114 for an '05 C6. Not to mention timeslips on the vette forums. The 0-60 time I quoted was from Car & Driver. The top speed is electronically governed at 186, this is common knowledge (if you don't beleive me, come for a ride).

    The whole purpose of these magazines is to test what the car is fully capable of, not the driver. I am not saying it is easy to duplicate these performance numbers, but the car is definately able to pull them off. Put my wife in the car, and it will consistantly run high 16 second passes...

    What is the significance of a C5 z06's top speed in this discussion?


    ...
    Last edited by SOUTHPAW; 05-18-2005 at 02:25 PM.
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

    *2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

  7. #21
    Banned TSi AWD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    845
    This post was what I was referring to about C5 Z06's inability to reach 180 mph...


    I thought the C5 Z06 could hit 186 as well??????????

  8. #22
    Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,814
    Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    I thought the C5 Z06 could hit 186 as well??????????

    I beleive it was 172-174 ... 03EBZ06?


    ...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

    *2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

  9. #23
    Banned TSi AWD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    845
    That's it? No way, had to be more....

  10. #24
    Registered User SGOSWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,059
    Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    That's it? No way, had to be more....
    From what I understand the C5 Z06 has a lower top speed compared to a standard
    C5. (It's due to the gearing).

  11. #25
    Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,814
    Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    From what I understand the C5 Z06 has a lower top speed compared to a standard
    C5. (It's due to the gearing).


    This is true. The 350 HP C5 had a higher top speed than the 405 HP C5 Z06 due to its gears...


    ...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

    *2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •