Undefeated Evo Finally Defeated... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Undefeated Evo Finally Defeated... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Oh, yeah. The title....finally defeated. Took a drag strip V8 on more NAWZ than gas - arriving on a trailer ...

Oh, yeah.

The title....finally defeated.
    Took a drag strip V8 on more NAWZ than gas - arriving on a trailer to take out the Evo from a roll and even then, not by much.

I hope this doesnt start a precedent of funny cars rolling off trailers on highway drag nights.
    Street cars for street races.....Horses for courses.

On another note, was pretty 2F2F if you ask me, just without the hairpin halfway through the race.

Props to that Evo.
    Silver Wagon Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
    u need to stop hating dont be mad cuz u cant have one, i own a wrx and evo's are prolly my favorite car, the 4g63 motor is simply AMAZING, i will own an evo someday and im gonna go HUGE with it,
    i cant wait to see this evo with the gt40 kit and that kit is on the way!
    +2 those motors are amazing i have yet to see a stock motor handle as much boost as the 4g63
    turbo ej2
    awd=all winning drivers or auntie wendy die

All are amazing cars. That is one BADA$$ Evo though. Have to give credit where its due.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

with all the hype that evo is getting, it's very surprising that no one has forward a thread to a supra forum....there must be a taker out there from the supra world...
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Quote Originally Posted by capt'n'caveman
    with all the hype that evo is getting, it's very surprising that no one has forward a thread to a supra forum....there must be a taker out there from the supra world...
    I'm sure it's been all around the net. This Evo is very popular. Every muscle car in IL wants a piece of this Evo, but can't defeat it until this drag Camaro came along. There's probably not that much soup up Supra around the area to take on this Evo? Here in CA, we have plently would that would want a piece of that Evo a**.....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Quote Originally Posted by demolish
    Evo's are the most over-hyped car in the world

ugghh........all i ever hear is "Evo this, Evo that, Evo is better.......BLAH BLAH BLAH"

I cant wait for the day mitsubishi goes out of business and dies so all you hardcore evo fans shut up
    What about me h8tr?

Geez people the only difference between "most" drag cars (aka:trailer queens) is about $50.00 in parts and DoT tires. Give me a weekend and that Camaro would be street legal and still smoking that EVO.

I love that EVO and would pay for just a ride in it but you guys make far too many excuses for someone losing. The hard truth is the EVO just got out motored end of story.

And for the record I believe the fastest street legal 1/4 mile car is/was a big block 1970ish yellow vette that ran low 7s. Well that was the case a few years ago atleast when I was at the track.

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Geez people the only difference between "most" drag cars (aka:trailer queens) is about $50.00 in parts and DoT tires. Give me a weekend and that Camaro would be street legal and still smoking that EVO.

I love that EVO and would pay for just a ride in it but you guys make far too many excuses for someone losing. The hard truth is the EVO just got out motored end of story.

And for the record I believe the fastest street legal 1/4 mile car is/was a big block 1970ish yellow vette that ran low 7s. Well that was the case a few years ago atleast when I was at the track.

If he did change to normal tires I dunno about the traction he would get. He would definitely run slower than with those slicks so I wouldnt be so sure he would still win. He did win though and that's that. I'm not trying to defend either side just saying they do have a point on the street legal thing. If he can get away with slicks then it's all good though. It's really about how much you can get away with where you live for street legality.
    11.1 @ 131

All that would be needed is a DOT ET street tire on that camaro and it would still hook up from a roll, well maybe not hook up and lift the nose of the car but.... limited tire spin. Check out www.pscaracing.com over half of these cars that compete in psca are street cars. By that I mean are able to drive to shows, grocery store etc.. just as legaly as that evo or any other "legal" street car.
    2004 WRX completely stock! And becoming even more stock daily.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234