Undefeated Evo Finally Defeated... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Undefeated Evo Finally Defeated... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by creditcards a drag camaro,that they brought on a tow truck. yep. Bringing in a track car on ...

Quote Originally Posted by creditcards
    a drag camaro,that they brought on a tow truck.
    yep.

Bringing in a track car on a freaking tow struck/trailer to race a street driven Evo does not impress me. Evo > that camaro IMO
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    yep.

Bringing in a track car on a freaking tow struck/trailer to race a street driven Evo does not impress me. Evo > that camaro IMO
    it is impressive how well the evo kept up with that track car though
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

bleh

Evo < Whipple Cobra ($$ wise; only a 1/4 of what the evo has in it) just add NX
    - Local Riceist

what i am wondering is. where the hell are the supras???
    i wanna see thise evo run some street driven supras. not a drag camaro, that they brought with a trailer
    " I'm a bad man"

Quote Originally Posted by dviousboxer
    what i am wondering is. where the hell are the supras???
    i wanna see thise evo run some street driven supras. not a drag camaro, that they brought with a trailer
    I have wondered the same thing. I am sure there are TONS of supra's out there that could walk this Evo.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Evo < Whipple Cobra ($$ wise; only a 1/4 of what the evo has in it) just add NX
    How? It lost? The Evo didn't spray on this run, only against the Drag Camaro. The Cobra is ALOT heavier, so the Evo won't have to make as much WHP to beat it. There is ALOT of money in that Evo though, but that's cuz he bought the best of everything and not to Mention AMS is the most expensive shop.

Another thing stroking really limits the Evo's topend, I woulda built a 2.0, woulda be stronger and hit 9500 RPM shifts and yes more lag BUT More WHP.

Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    How? It lost? The Evo didn't spray on this run, only against the Drag Camaro. The Cobra is ALOT heavier, so the Evo won't have to make as much WHP to beat it.
    Simple...
    1. I like Cobras more than the Evos
    2. The Cobra is just a C16 tune (like the Evo) and 3.73's could away from inchin out on em, not to mention the possability of a small shot :shrug:
    3. The cobra is virtually unchanged (compared to the Evo)
    4. slappin in new injectors, pulleys, tentioners, exhaust, a Whipple, and pluggin in a Predator is a lot easier than the extensive work done to the Mitsu in question.

They're two different cars, both sick as hell but my preference is with the Cobra (snowy conditions not being a factor)
    - Local Riceist

fre
    I bet it will last better than 30k miles unless he drives it like that EVERYWHERE he goes. My car is over 30k miles and I have the same kit on the STOCK engine. Albeit im only running 26-27 psi at most on track days. But he has a built engine so I wouldn't be so quick to pull the reliability card.
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    Simple...
    2. The Cobra is just a C16 tune (like the Evo) and 3.73's could away from inchin out on em, not to mention the possability of a small shot :shrug:
    3. The cobra is virtually unchanged (compared to the Evo)
    4. slappin in new injectors, pulleys, tentioners, exhaust, a Whipple, and pluggin in a Predator is a lot easier than the extensive work done to the Mitsu in question.

They're two different cars, both sick as hell but my preference is with the Cobra (snowy conditions not being a factor)
    If you like the Cobra better, then good for you. Both are great cars. You have to understand that those two cars are built for different purposes. Cobra are great for drag and is a pure sport car. Evo are not as great of a drag car, but can be in a twisttie. To each of their own. So why keep on trying to put the Evo under the Cobra?
    Last edited by WiCkeDrEx; 05-17-2005 at 10:42 PM.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    If you like the Cobra better, then good for you. Both are great cars. You have to understand that those two cars are built for different purposes. To each of their own. So why keep on trying to put the Evo under the Cobra?
    Eh..K

HTF did you manage to not pick that up from my post

Keep these gems comin

Edit: Post count
    Last edited by ScoobVee; 05-17-2005 at 11:01 PM.
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    Cobra are great for drag and is a pure sport car. Evo are not as great of a drag car, but can be in a twisttie. To each of their own. So why keep on trying to put the Evo under the Cobra?
    I think the EVO a pure sport car by sti standard. Its a brutal daily driver from what I've heard. The Cobra would make for a great third car (Thats what I'm shooting for)
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

I hope this dude winds up showing up to some local rsd's as has been rumored.

Can't win that argument. With all those supporting mods on that Evo a simple turbo swap is VERY easy. Don't forget that this Evo is NOT maxxed out. This kid is simply a test baed of parts. AMS is going to offer a 40+ Serioes turbo which is just huge. AS nice as the GT35R is it is relatively smaller in teh grand scheam of things. This guy is gona bolt on true monsters next, ammasing 800WHP++++ and yes the motor is built to handle this and yes without Nitroius but there will be some lag .

Quote Originally Posted by AsianWRX
    I think the EVO a pure sport car by sti standard. Its a brutal daily driver from what I've heard. The Cobra would make for a great third car (Thats what I'm shooting for)
    The reason I said "pure" is because that's the only thing the Cobra is made for. Unlike Evo and Sti, you can do it with four doors. You can still have a family and buy an Evo. I wouldn't buy a Cobra if I have a family.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    yep.

"run what ya brung" right? Got beat hands down, good race tough that evo is very fast and stayed with him, im sure it shocked the camaro. Its not to say he couldnt have made it ready to drive there, sometimes its just easier to trailer a car to the track etc... saves gas nothing breaks before you get a chance to race etc...
    2004 WRX completely stock! And becoming even more stock daily.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast