Took a beating ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Took a beating ... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As I was getting on the interstate the other night I saw an SRT-4 go by so I sped up ...

Took a beating ...

As I was getting on the interstate the other night I saw an SRT-4 go by so I sped up to get next to him. My friend said it looked stock so I thought I'd be able to take him since I have a Cobb Stage 2 setup. Not even close. I hit it at about 60 and he just went flying by me as if I was standing still. Very ugly for me. He slowed down and he hit it first -- and was way gone. From 60-100 he had about a bus and a half on me. U-G-L-Y I ain't got no alibi.

I need to find something to beat just to get my self-esteem back.

Tony

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

were you in the right gear?

no matter how fast that thing was....its still a Neon.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

ouch dont race anyone on the highway/freeway - awd sucks for topend

That's what I say ... it's still a Neon. A fast Neon, but a Neon nonetheless. And yes, I now realize how little top end our cars have. But it was fun anyway. It's the first race I've been in since I did the AP upgrade and the downpipe. Now I guess it's time to put that VF22 and fuel mods in my basement to use. I don't think it would've mattered, though. That car was really really fast.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice death

Nice death. The problem with those damn SRT-4's is that you never know what they are running, just like with DSM's.
    If only dodge would have put even a HALFWAY decent interior in there
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Nice death. The problem with those damn SRT-4's is that you never know what they are running, just like with DSM's.
    If only dodge would have put even a HALFWAY decent interior in there
    The interior doesn't help you go faster

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    True, but people say the same things about ours cars too
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I finally came across one on the freeway over the weekend. I had my window down and man, those exhausts are pretty loud. He tried to get me to race him while we were around 65mph but there were too many cars around. I dont think he was stock because he punched it and I heard his turbo whoosh pretty loud like an STIs and he took off FAST. I like them and may end up getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    That's what I say ... it's still a Neon. A fast Neon, but a Neon nonetheless. And yes, I now realize how little top end our cars have. But it was fun anyway. It's the first race I've been in since I did the AP upgrade and the downpipe. Now I guess it's time to put that VF22 and fuel mods in my basement to use. I don't think it would've mattered, though. That car was really really fast.

just remember when you're smoking Ferraris and Porsches they're saying the same thing...yeah, maybe you're faster than me...but its still just a Subaru
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    He wasn't stock!

A Stage 2 Rex is no M3 on the highway, but it scoots pretty damn well, IMO. For him to kill you that bad, I'm sure he was running a bunch of goodies.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    just remember when you're smoking Ferraris and Porsches they're saying the same thing...yeah, maybe you're faster than me...but its still just a Subaru
    True but the problem is that Subaru is much more well build and reliable than a Dodge.

Yep and purchasing a neon just isn't a smart investment. I mean if you want a bargain racer, go get a $1000 mustang, and put a 800hp crate engine in it. But for me to settle for a neon would be dumb. I love my family and rolling around in a death trap of a car like a neon is not an option. If things go bad your a%% is toast in a neon. FWD sucks hard, and racing from a roll is wack, it's just a rolling dyno run. I won't get on the interior though because complaining about interior hues, and comfort is for people with little rainbows on the trunk of there cars.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    He wasn't stock!

A Stage 2 Rex is no M3 on the highway, but it scoots pretty damn well, IMO. For him to kill you that bad, I'm sure he was running a bunch of goodies.

I'll second that, I ran a few (what I assume were stock) SRT-4's from a roll and at the track in my car when it was only Cobb Stage 2, I never raced past about 120 from a roll but was door to door both times, and that was from a 3rd gear (65mph) roll, so your race he was deffinatly modded.

The 3 or 4 stock ones I've seen at the track usually ran from 14.0-14.7 depending on the driver, at about 97-103, again depending on the driver. Modded I've seen them in person anywhere from 12.8-14.2, I know there are faster but I'm just saying what I've seen with my own eyes.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Yeah I knew he was modded as soon as he hit it. It popped and popped and some flames shot out of this exhaust. At first I thought he broke something until I saw his back end from a distance. I've raced a few stock SRT-4s -- once when I was at the local dragstrip. I had a boost controller and he was stock and I pulled off a 14.2 and he ran a 14.4. When we pulled around he said he was disappointed because "everybody" on the Neon boards said he'd easily hit mid-13s. I told him that was magazine times, which account for altitude and a number of other factors, but he was still pissed. I think later in the night he broke off a 14.2. All I know is I need to get to the track to see what my car runs in the 1/4 after modding it. If I go slower than a 14.0 I'll be disappointed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast