Took a beating ... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Took a beating ... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is turning into a pissing match. All I'm sayin' is I got beat by an SRT-4. Badly. And it ...

This is turning into a pissing match.

All I'm sayin' is I got beat by an SRT-4. Badly. And it hurt. But the spoils go to the guy with more mods. And he has more mods. Both cars are great.

Tony

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    This is turning into a pissing match.

All I'm sayin' is I got beat by an SRT-4. Badly. And it hurt. But the spoils go to the guy with more mods. And he has more mods. Both cars are great.

Tony

speaking of which....i have to go drain the lizzard.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

There isn't a reason in the world i would take a srt4 over a WRX. Once modified a bit the wrx is a mean track car that is a blast to drive. I know some people can pull off good times with srt4's but the driving enjoyment just isn't there for me in fwd. I would take a whole boatload of slower cars because of their potential over an srt4 (not surprisingly, none of these are fwd). I have to be realistic; every car I have ever bought i have modified. So, buying something based on how it performs stock is not very reasonable thing for me to do because it will be performing drastically different on a near month-to-month basis.
    If you're looking for a drag car thatís streetable I can't for the life of me see why you would choose a platform with FWD it becomes limiting rather quickly (and less and less fun to drive in the turns).
    Lastly, I believe a car is an extension of your personality. I really donít see an srt4 reflecting that in me whatsoever. We all have different values; the fastest isn't always the best in all cases

Quote Originally Posted by TigsteRz
    ouch dont race anyone on the highway/freeway - awd sucks for topend
    Tell that to the 911 Turbo drivers or that 600+whp Evo...
    2005 Aspen White STi

anyone have any facts about the srt-4 build quality vs wrx or are people just speaking out their asses like usual?
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Oo Joe 24 oO
    anyone have any facts about the srt-4 build quality vs wrx or are people just speaking out their asses like usual?
    The motor in the SRT-4 is built like a brick ishthouse, the rest of it is built like a typical Neon.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    The motor in the SRT-4 is built like a brick ishthouse, the rest of it is built like a typical Neon.
    is a typical neon build quality bad? if so give examples.

I Support ClubWRX
    is a typical neon build quality bad? if so give examples.
    What would you like to know about?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    What would you like to know about?
    you said the built quality is ****ty......whats ****ty about it? What im trying to get at is if you dont give specific examples then your comments are worthless.....I can say the WRX is built like **** but if I dont give facts to back up my statement, then I sound like a complete moron.

but if I dont give facts to back up my statement, then I sound like a complete moron.

oh!!! is THAT what it is...I was starting to wonder...

just yankin your chain.
    go f*** yourself

Well I can tell everyone one thing about interior build quality, from working in a moble audio install shop and taking apart the interior in ALOT of different cars, most american cars ABSOLUTLY SUCK as far as interior build quality goes. Not all of them, but ALOT. For example I've never worked on an srt4, but every neon (and well most dodges) that came in more than say 3 or 4 years old were falling apart inside. Pontiac and chevy seriously sucked most of the time too.

You can tell when a car is comming apart because of abure or just poor craftsmenship once you start taking it apart, we would regularly get mid 90's model cars and I can definatly say hands down the majority of imports were 100% more solid inside than any chevy dodge or ford. I had a 95 camaro come in one day that had been owned by a 60 year old school teacher and driven about 2 mile to work and back everyday, the guy had just bought it for his son and was puting a radio in it b4 he gave it to him, it had 35,000 miles on it and just pulling it in the shop it felt like 235,000, squeeking, rattling, everything inside gets loose and worn. neons were no different, I had lots of them come in that you could tell had never had aftermarket interior (audio) work done and they would still be falling apart and rattling. And it wasnt just low tier cars either, the couple of 95-98 lincolns that I worked on were pretty bad too.

Nissans, Toyotas, Subarus, Some hondas (most of them we got had been abused and taken apart before), and some mitsubishis (I would say the worst interior out of japanese cars and still better than most domestics) usually stood up very well over time.

I can say, however, that alot of the very new domestic cars are getting alot better, like the 2003+ cars, they feel alot more like european cars interior wise (probably because alot of them are) and they seem to fit together interior wise alot better than the old ones, I'll be curious to see how they hold up in 5 or 10 years.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't dare compare an SRT-4 with a WRX, as the Suby is way out of its league in that respect. The Neon's build quality compares much better to a Mercedes S600 or Lexus LS430.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I've also noticed that a lot of American cars, including high-end cars like Cadillacs, the "seams" in the plastic don't quite match up. I'm not just talking about stitching, but look where two pieces of trim come together...follow that line to where it goes across to another pannel, and they'll invariably be like 1/32" off.

now take a look at a similar area of a German/Japanese car...even a really cheap one, and they'll be bang on.

also American cars seem to use cheaper clips to secure the interior. if you ever have to take a door pannel off (for whatever reason) you'll most likely break at least one clip every time...
    go f*** yourself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.