Took a beating ... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Took a beating ... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by MidKnight True, but people say the same things about ours cars too no doubt. sh!t, I say ...

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    True, but people say the same things about ours cars too
    no doubt. sh!t, I say the same thing about our cars
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

damn...its like, you want to beat the **** out of the neons, but they can be so quick without knowing.

Oh well, you win some and lose some. He who has the most mods will usually win.

i am not trying to defend srt4s or anything like that. i would never buy one. but some of you guys keep on saying that it is only a neon. ok, so if its only a neon. i dont know whats worse. having a srt4(which is only a neon). or getting beat my an srt4(which is only a neon) so i guess if it is only a neon to some of you guys, i guess its safe to say you got beat by a neon.
    " I'm a bad man"

kind of makes it worse really. lol

you see the two passengers in the rear seat rolling up their windows since they have no power windows back there as they pass you

Quote Originally Posted by dviousboxer
    i am not trying to defend srt4s or anything like that. i would never buy one. but some of you guys keep on saying that it is only a neon. ok, so if its only a neon. i dont know whats worse. having a srt4(which is only a neon). or getting beat my an srt4(which is only a neon) so i guess if it is only a neon to some of you guys, i guess its safe to say you got beat by a neon.

well I can't speak for everyone else, but what *I* was saying is that getting beat isn't everything.

If someone offered me a choice between a new non-turbo non-AWD Porsche 911 or a new WRX with enough mods to beat the Porsche, I'd still take the Porsche and live with getting beat on the drive home. Winning isn't everything, and getting passed in a "race" on the freeway from a roll at 60 MPH isn't what *I* call winning anyway...a pissing contest, certainly, but not winning.

...and as I get passed on my drive home in my 911, I'd think to myself: "so what? its still just a Subaru."
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    well I can't speak for everyone else, but what *I* was saying is that getting beat isn't everything.

If someone offered me a choice between a new non-turbo non-AWD Porsche 911 or a new WRX with enough mods to beat the Porsche, I'd still take the Porsche and live with getting beat on the drive home. Winning isn't everything, and getting passed in a "race" on the freeway from a roll at 60 MPH isn't what *I* call winning anyway...a pissing contest, certainly, but not winning.

...and as I get passed on my drive home in my 911, I'd think to myself: "so what? its still just a Subaru."
    i agree w/ you. but i dont know if a porsche 911 and wrx is a good example. i mean, the pirce range on those two is not even close. im pretty sure most people will take the porsche.
    Last edited by dviousboxer; 05-16-2005 at 05:40 PM.
    " I'm a bad man"

wow enough fanbois defending the wrx..how can you argue interiors? wrx and neon interiors are the same....

u guys got awd, neons got a motor far superior to yours
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Oo Joe 24 oO
    wow enough fanbois defending the wrx..how can you argue interiors? wrx and neon interiors are the same....

u guys got awd, neons got a motor far superior to yours
    Kind of like ours is to yours ahahaha!. But seriously, I'd even take an RSX over a neon. There is more to a car than JUST power. I mean whatever happend to getting from point a to b safely? Neons are and always will be throw-away cars. It's like who cares if an 87 GLH blows your a%% away by three seconds in a 1/4 mile, I still would never want one. An srt4 is just a newer GLH. A slapped together power sled, made by your fine high quality unionized american labor force full of drug selling crackheads who only get a slap on the wrist for selling drugs during company time . While fine cars such as our get made by highly skilled engineers, and highly disciplined non-unionized assembly workers, who will get fired at once for smoking a cigarette on company time, let known some crack!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Kind of like ours is to yours ahahaha!. But seriously, I'd even take an RSX over a neon. There is more to a car than JUST power. I mean whatever happend to getting from point a to b safely? Neons are and always will be throw-away cars. It's like who cares if an 87 GLH blows your a%% away by three seconds in a 1/4 mile, I still would never want one. An srt4 is just a newer GLH. A slapped together power sled, made by your fine high quality unionized american labor force full of drug selling crackheads who only get a slap on the wrist for selling drugs during company time . While fine cars such as our get made by highly skilled engineers, and highly disciplined non-unionized assembly workers, who will get fired at once for smoking a cigarette on company time, let known some crack!
    don't fight kids...they're both fairly cheap low end cars! Although the neon IS build on a slightly cheaper base car.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by jonik
    True but the problem is that Subaru is much more well build and reliable than a Dodge.
    How much longer has Dodge been around and making vehicles still on the road before Subaru was in exsistence?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mball
    How much longer has Dodge been around and making vehicles still on the road before Subaru was in exsistence?
    First Dodge Brothers car
    First stop sign - Detroit
    First US-produced 12-cylinder car - Packard

The Subaru Timeline
    1917 – Setting up of the ‘Aircraft Research Laboratory in Japan
    1931 – Restructured as the Nakajima Aircraft Company that designed the Zero fighters
    1946 – Reorganised as the Fuji Sangyo Company. First Rabbit scooter produced from spare aircraft parts
    1950 – Fuji Sangyo divided into 12 smaller corporations
    1955 – Four of these corporations and a new one merge as Fuji Heavy Industries. The new corporation
    In 1954, FHI unveiled its first automotive prototype, the P-1. Engineered and designed to comfortably seat four adults while providing a stable and comfortable ride, the FHI P-1 would, in 1955, be renamed the Subaru 1500 - the first car to ever wear the Subaru name. The lessons learned during the development of the 1500 led to the 1958 debut of the Subaru 360, which became a milestone in the history of Japan's automotive industry and established Subaru as a builder of small, affordable, yet technologically advanced cars.

Your answer - 40 years

thing is, most cars made TODAY are made to be disposable...isn't there even a law in Japan that you can't drive a car that's older than 5 or 7 years?
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    First Dodge Brothers car
    First stop sign - Detroit
    First US-produced 12-cylinder car - Packard

The Subaru Timeline
    1917 – Setting up of the ‘Aircraft Research Laboratory in Japan
    1931 – Restructured as the Nakajima Aircraft Company that designed the Zero fighters
    1946 – Reorganised as the Fuji Sangyo Company. First Rabbit scooter produced from spare aircraft parts
    1950 – Fuji Sangyo divided into 12 smaller corporations
    1955 – Four of these corporations and a new one merge as Fuji Heavy Industries. The new corporation
    In 1954, FHI unveiled its first automotive prototype, the P-1. Engineered and designed to comfortably seat four adults while providing a stable and comfortable ride, the FHI P-1 would, in 1955, be renamed the Subaru 1500 - the first car to ever wear the Subaru name. The lessons learned during the development of the 1500 led to the 1958 debut of the Subaru 360, which became a milestone in the history of Japan's automotive industry and established Subaru as a builder of small, affordable, yet technologically advanced cars.

Your answer - 40 years

Thank you Mr. History.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

How much more advanced in every was is a Subaru than a Dodge? Not a Mercedes rehashed into a Dodge but a Chrysler designed/engineered Dodge

There's no comparison

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast