Stg.2 WRX vs 04 GLI with mods
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stg.2 WRX vs 04 GLI with mods within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So im once again on my way home from school (lol i wonder why everyone wants to race after they ...

Stg.2 WRX vs 04 GLI with mods

So im once again on my way home from school (lol i wonder why everyone wants to race after they get out of class? ) im doin about 43-44 on a 45 road just cruisen and listen to music. I get to a stop light and preceed to get into a 2 lane turning lane, when i hear a low pshhhhhh........I look to my right nothin......look to my left and its some guy in a 04 GLI. Im thinking hmmm i wonder what his mods are??? I roll down my window and start to ask him his mods right as the light turns (all i heard was diverter valve, NJ75 sp., and exhaust) so we start to roll around the left hand bend we are taking and at about 20mph dude guns it, i gun it and we start goin at it. let me tell you this damn things was FAST! by the end of 4th i only had about 1/2 a cars length on him when we shut down. He gave me a big thumbs up and i returned the gesture. He turned right at the next light before i could get his complete mod list. Im Cobb stg.2 +up-pipe and i must say im impressed! A friend of mine has a stock one and i would pull on him pretty bad when i was bone stock. All in all very fun race, lol was the last thing i expected lmao!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have run into a modded one not sure what they had other than an exhaust system but I have uppipe, TBE, Y-pipe, lightweight flywheel. I was able to walk on him pretty easily. I had maybe 4 or more cars at about a 100mph. We started from a 50 mph roll in 3rd gear too..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

If we went from a dig i know i could have had him by a couple car lenghts(maybee 2-3) but since we went from a roll he stayed with me pretty damn good. Like i said bellow i was very impressed, i know he had to of had more done then what i listed (those were the only mods i heard him say before we got cutoff by the light turning green)

Just a chip and exhaust and those 1.8Ts get quite fast from a roll.

Just out of curiousity what mods would it take one of those having to be able to pull on a stage 2 wrx?
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    Just out of curiousity what mods would it take one of those having to be able to pull on a stage 2 wrx?
    From a dig, they would need a different turbo.

from a roll, tbe, intake, chip.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

My Friend had one of the 2001 1.8T GTI's, with a chip and intake I would slowly pull him from a roll when I just had a downpipe. He would never race me once I went stage 2 but I think with a turboback he probably would have hung from a roll.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

nice race, and you cant hear a n75J, as its a boost control solenoid...makes no noise...

and a well driven chipped and dipped 1.8T should be good for high 13's, with considerable more noticeable pull from a 20, lets say 30 roll against a WRX
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by 8urVTEC
    nice race, and you cant hear a n75J, as its a boost control solenoid...makes no noise...

and a well driven chipped and dipped 1.8T should be good for high 13's, with considerable more noticeable pull from a 20, lets say 30 roll against a WRX
    i know you cant hear the n75j i never said you could or that i did, but you could definatley hear his Diverter valve

Modded Turbo V-Dubbs are fast

The modded VW 1.8T is no sluch when modded. I have an 2003 Jetta 1.8T which is my wife's car and if you punch it, the wheels will break loose. Typical mods for the 1.8T are

Reflash, Air Filter (KN), Downpipe, Test Pipe, Exhaust, N75 Boost Solenoid and Intercooler / Intake piping.

With these mods people are getting around 210-230whp and the fact that a GTI is light makes it a highway rocket from rolls. I raced one when I was Stage 2 with the above mods and ripped him out of the hole and held a solid 2 car lead the whole time.

Be careful of the ones with larger turbos. In my area they're quite a few of them putting down over 300whp. Those I would say you should enlist the help of larger snail yourself.
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

1.8t with chip, intake, exhaust = 200whp 250ft/lbs of tq depending on what brand of chip...since there's a million of them out there...

Quote Originally Posted by 8urVTEC

he didnt say he heard the n75J he just said he Heard the guy say he had one....
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

Quote Originally Posted by WRXskeet
    he didnt say he heard the n75J he just said he Heard the guy say he had one....

actually, you can if you listen close enough...if you have really good ears and the car's not surging in the higher rpms...it most likely has an n75j....that or an aftermarket turbo

Just sold my 01 A4 1.8T today and bought my WRX. It would take a K04, chip, full exhaust, stage 2 clutch just to beat a stock WRX. If I tried to launch my car over 3k it would just slip on the stock clutch. The GLI's are much faster but a stock one shouldn't be able to hang with a WRX even from a roll. Diverter valves are silent, unless he had a hybrid.
    Catch Me If You Can

210-220 is a little high.

Ive seen numerous chipped, N75valve, full exhaust 1.8Ts and they reach 200whp barely, best ive seen was 203whp 280pft , worst was about 175ish. Most use REVO programming or ive seen people use the GIACX flash, boost 24psi and also blow thier turbos after a few months lol, but im sure they dyno a little more.

Then there are the guys who upgrade from Ko3 turbos to Ko4, which is the same turbo housing with upgraded internals. Those dudes get 220whp ive even heard of people approaching 250whp with those at ridiculous boost levels since those turbos are tiny.

high 13s is also a strech, far and few beween get that fast, low 14s is the average with ko3s , ko4`d guys might break 13s. Bascially the turbo is the biggest limiting factor.
    1.8L@19psi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.