Stg.2 WRX vs 04 GLI with mods - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Stg.2 WRX vs 04 GLI with mods within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by YZFWV was '02 the last year you owned a vw? About a month ot two ago a ...

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    was '02 the last year you owned a vw? About a month ot two ago a company came out with a k04s running 297 at the wheels with an intercooler sprayer. That's a lot more that your 240 at the wheels, and they definately know what they're talking about....And I've seen fully bolted on 1.8t's with 220-230whp. All of this stuff back up with dyno charts...and there are gti's with the stock turbos getting high 13's. A little weight reduction, almost all the bolton work done, and it's not impossible.

Duh, AWD launches > than FWD launches as long as the person in the AWD car isn't a moron and knows what he's doing, instead of blowing up the transmission like a lot of people.

And as racing from a roll, I hear the wrx is pretty crappy after 3rd itself. I don't know about you, but my car pulls hard from 80-120 in 5th. From talking to other wrx owners, they don't seem to like those speeds...something about the car's not exactly pulling to well up there. There's several around town that I want to race, and none of them will. They all have excuses "Aww, I don't like racing from a roll...it's not exactly fair...". Yeah I've heard that before....
    I sold my GTI in March. And if you are talking about the 20vt K04 kit then forget it. Their products and kits suck. Sure maybe one guy squeezed more than 240 whp from a K04 but teh averger person will not make that power. Show me a REAL 297 whp dyno from a K04 then we can talk. Hell, 297 whp is what a gt28rs makes on a 1.8t. Fine you read it someplace but if you know your 1.8t u know its just not possible.

Again with the K03, yes some people get them up to 220 whp but those are flukes, a normal bolton 1.8t will not make much more than 200 whp. This is not about what one guy did, or what this Wednesday engine is making. I am talking about normal results for the given turbo and mods.

A stock WRX turbo is not a whole lot bigger than a K03 so yes it dies after 3rd gear too. Its a fact of life that AWD cars are not high speed monsters, thats not what they are meant for. AWD is for grip, and handling both of which FWD cars lack especially when making alot of tourque.

I never said K03s CAN'T hit 13's I said normal drivers with those mods do not. Again, not what one guy did, I am talking normal results. A stage II WRX will take a bolton 1.8t from any speed so you must live around some pretty wussy WRX owners.

I love the 1.8t, I defend it. But there are so many VW fanbois that think its all that but its really pretty limited as long as you still have the K03 on there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    I sold my GTI in March. And if you are talking about the 20vt K04 kit then forget it. Their products and kits suck. Sure maybe one guy squeezed more than 240 whp from a K04 but teh averger person will not make that power. Show me a REAL 297 whp dyno from a K04 then we can talk. Hell, 297 whp is what a gt28rs makes on a 1.8t. Fine you read it someplace but if you know your 1.8t u know its just not possible.

Again with the K03, yes some people get them up to 220 whp but those are flukes, a normal bolton 1.8t will not make much more than 200 whp. This is not about what one guy did, or what this Wednesday engine is making. I am talking about normal results for the given turbo and mods.

A stock WRX turbo is not a whole lot bigger than a K03 so yes it dies after 3rd gear too. Its a fact of life that AWD cars are not high speed monsters, thats not what they are meant for. AWD is for grip, and handling both of which FWD cars lack especially when making alot of tourque.

I never said K03s CAN'T hit 13's I said normal drivers with those mods do not. Again, not what one guy did, I am talking normal results. A stage II WRX will take a bolton 1.8t from any speed so you must live around some pretty wussy WRX owners.

I love the 1.8t, I defend it. But there are so many VW fanbois that think its all that but its really pretty limited as long as you still have the K03 on there.
    http://www.pro-imports.com/dyno.htm

so are we talking now?

297whp on one run
    355 ft/lbs tq on another

I sure did read it some where, the Pro Imports web site.

And I'm sure they make the kit because ONE guy wanted it...

Looks like you're not keeping up on the 1.8t like you've claimed...

And with -some- people having flukes, I must have seen three flukes with dyno's in the past week. I can go dig those up too since they obviously don't exsist...since you haven't heard of them and all.

I never said those wrx owners were stageII. They all have mods but they range from exhaust - exhaust/turbo/em/etc... And I'm sure a stock wrx wouldn't take a bolton 1.8t from every where like some people are claiming. Especially when that bolton 1.8t (still with a few additional boltons that could be done) is hitting 197whp and 250-254 ft/lbs tq. What's a stock WRX put down? Between 170-180 for whp and tq? Hmmm...numbers don't add up there.

Sure the K03&4's are pretty small but people can still get the numbers out of them....But when they start switching to t3/t4's, gt28 and 30's, and other larger turbos and getting 300+whp out of them...Then they start getting fast, and don't say 350whp VW's aren't quick, because that's just some one being jealous...

That's getting into the low 13's and such with not too much money spent on mods...

so are we talking now?

297whp on one run
    355 ft/lbs tq on another

I sure did read it some where, the Pro Imports web site.

And I'm sure they make the kit because ONE guy wanted it...

Looks like you're not keeping up on the 1.8t like you've claimed...

And with -some- people having flukes, I must have seen three flukes with dyno's in the past week. I can go dig those up too since they obviously don't exsist...since you haven't heard of them and all.

I never said those wrx owners were stageII. They all have mods but they range from exhaust - exhaust/turbo/em/etc... And I'm sure a stock wrx wouldn't take a bolton 1.8t from every where like some people are claiming. Especially when that bolton 1.8t (still with a few additional boltons that could be done) is hitting 197whp and 250-254 ft/lbs tq. What's a stock WRX put down? Between 170-180 for whp and tq? Hmmm...numbers don't add up there.

Sure the K03&4's are pretty small but people can still get the numbers out of them....But when they start switching to t3/t4's, gt28 and 30's, and other larger turbos and getting 300+whp out of them...Then they start getting fast, and don't say 350whp VW's aren't quick, because that's just some one being jealous...

That's getting into the low 13's and such with not too much money spent on mods...
    That's nice. Now find a real world dyno of this kit with those numbers. You won't because no one goes this route and gets those numbers. So please dig up these 297 whp K04 dynos, im dying to see them.

A stock wrx cannot take a bolton 1.8t, I never said this so I dont know why you are arguing this with me. Jealous?! I traded my 1.8t in because they are not sports cars and sure you can tune it to make a big number but its still FWD and will not be a reliable engine. I wanted AWD and a little better engine to tune. Hell with a VF34 kit for LESS than $2k You can make ~280 REAL whp on a WRX.

Not spending too much!?!!! The K04 kit you are talking about is 2800!!! And I will bet you anything it wont make even 240 whp.

You are teh one claiming these crazy numbers

edit- Check your links buddy. The kit you are talking about:

http://pro-imports.chainreactionweb....roducts_id/486

At teh bottom of the page it clearly says it makes only 244 whp. And I would bet even that is a stretch. Sure you can make a few more ponies with race gas but who cares.

That dyno says 240whp on pump gas with no spray.

A ko4 is only good for exactly that, 240whp. It's generally considered a waste of money in the VW community.

I had a '03 GTi with almost every bolt on and I had 200whp. That' exactly the same numbers that the majority of people see with similar mods.

no, that's the right dyno. 296 whp with race gas and spray. that's a k04 as well.

and I said dynos for 210/220 whp bolt on 1.8t's

My point is yes, you can make more than 240whp on a k04, would I buy one? No. You can get realatively cheap and decently reliable power out of a t3/t4. That's around 300whp or so. a lot of people go with the gt28's and gt30's for almost similar power gains, and they run fine until you start getting 350whp+

no, that's the right dyno. 296 whp with race gas and spray. that's a k04 as well.
    Race gas and spray sort of kill your point. Everyone else was talking pump numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolved
    Race gas and spray sort of kill your point. Everyone else was talking pump numbers.
    K04s max out at like 240 whp TOPS. Whoever says they can make 300 whp with a K04 has no idea what they are talking about.
    hmmm....K04's max out at like 240whp TOPS.....Whoever says they can make 300 whp with a K04 has no idea what they are talking about....

Not K04's max out at like 240whp TOPS on pump gas....Whoever says they can make 300 whp with a K04 on pump gas has no idea what they are talking about...

hmmm...If they were talking about pump numbers on the K04, they should have specified it in their post instead of leaving everyone to guess. That's like saying the WRX 20 block can't make 700hp. We all know it can...but it can't with stock internals....

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but I'm just making the point that yes, a k04 can make over 240whp.
    Last edited by YZFWV; 07-08-2005 at 01:36 PM.

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but I'm just making the point that yes, a k04 can make over 240whp.
    No, you aren't making the point. You have yet to provide any real world K04 dynos.

I challenge YOU to get the kit and make 300 whp on a K04 if its so easy and affordable and post yoru dynos.

hmmm...If they were talking about pump numbers on the K04, they should have specified it in their post instead of leaving everyone to guess.
    Do you run race gas and spray at all times? Then why would you assume that others do. When people throw numbers around they are talking about pump unless they state otherwise.

One company showing a dyno graph of their own product means nothing.

I don't mean to sound like an ass,
    But you're doing a good job of it.

No, you aren't making the point. You have yet to provide any real world K04 dynos.

I challenge YOU to get the kit and make 300 whp on a K04 if its so easy and affordable and post yoru dynos.

you said it wasn't possible to make over 240whp with a k04. They did. Yes, it's race gas and spray. But they're making the power.

No, I wouldn't buy the kit. I want more power than that. t3/t4 hybrid for me. And none of that too much power for a fwd car crap. Friend of mine was running a vr6t with 20psi and pulled 13.1 in the 1/4 while launching from second...now on the highway, there's not much at all that could get away from him....

Quote Originally Posted by Evolved
    Do you run race gas and spray at all times? Then why would you assume that others do. When people throw numbers around they are talking about pump unless they state otherwise.

One company showing a dyno graph of their own product means nothing.

But you're doing a good job of it.
    of course not. I was just stating that a company makes a turbo kit that can get 296whp out of a k04 turbo when wizzman stated

K04s max out at like 240 whp TOPS. Whoever says they can make 300 whp with a K04 has no idea what they are talking about.
    Do you think the company would post those dynos that say "with race gas and spray" at 296whp, if the kit was only capable of putting out 240whp? If so, then they're in for a whole hell of a lot of trouble.

and thanks for the insults, feel free to throw any more this way...

edit: Page three owned

and thanks for the insults, feel free to throw any more this way...
    Oh come on, I'm just having some fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.