Stg.2 wagon vs. Durango Hemi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

This is a discussion on Stg.2 wagon vs. Durango Hemi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had a friendly run with a Durango Hemi this afternoon. I was sitting at a light and he came up ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ottawa, canada
    Posts
    155

    Stg.2 wagon vs. Durango Hemi

    Had a friendly run with a Durango Hemi this afternoon. I was sitting at a light and he came up expecting the light to change sooner than it did and was half way into the intersection. When our light turned green I eased off and sped up to pace him...He didn't seem to like that and nailed it and got a half car on me...I had already shifted into third a bit early and was about 3-3.5k RPM when I got on it. I was able to walk by him by the top of third and continued to pull in 4th and shut down about 140km/h with him a couple of lengths behind. He pulled up and we exchanged smiles and thumbs up....My first 'Hemi' kill!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by scott144
    Had a friendly run with a Durango Hemi this afternoon. I was sitting at a light and he came up expecting the light to change sooner than it did and was half way into the intersection. When our light turned green I eased off and sped up to pace him...He didn't seem to like that and nailed it and got a half car on me...I had already shifted into third a bit early and was about 3-3.5k RPM when I got on it. I was able to walk by him by the top of third and continued to pull in 4th and shut down about 140km/h with him a couple of lengths behind. He pulled up and we exchanged smiles and thumbs up....My first 'Hemi' kill!
    Nice kill.

    god i hate "HEMI's." Its so fake. they arent true Hemi's. they are just your average V8's. Hemi's back in the 60's were very different from todays.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ottawa, canada
    Posts
    155
    But try and tell that to the guys who drive them....I swear just because they have a 'Hemi' they think they are invincible.....until they meet a stg.2....wagon no less!

  5. #4
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by scott144
    But try and tell that to the guys who drive them....I swear just because they have a 'Hemi' they think they are invincible.....until they meet a stg.2....wagon no less!
    Yup. titles give people ego boosts.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  6. #5
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    HEMI = over rated.

    nice kill
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  7. #6
    Registered User scoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Columbus, Oh.
    Posts
    627
    I raced a hemi the other day twice. Well they were not really a races considering that both of them started with me directly behind him. It was a new charger hemi with temp tags and everything. Damn that's an ugly ass car. Anyways, the first race was from a roll to about 60 or so. I stayed with him pretty good (STG 2 cobb). The second however kindof sucked. The light turned green with me still behind. I knew he would go for it since he had before, but I could not bring myself to launch since I knew I could seriously rear end him if he for some reason does not get off the line right. When it turned green he coasted for about a half second and then guns it chirping the tires. I was screwed, and had to feather the clutch for what felt like forever! He got about a car and a half away before I started to even up and reel him in a little then he backed of at about 70-75 mph. I never really got a chance to walk him at all. I caught up to him later and he had his window down. The guy was atleast 75-80 years old! Damn Grandpa! As I pulled up to him at the next light he goes" I justhad to di it" with a big old smile on his old face. I said to him " well you gotta have fun right!" He chuckled, we thumbed up and split. I guess he thought he won. Oh well I did my senior citizen charity for the year. If I see him again though I'm going to line him up even with him and smoke him like Whitney on crack!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

  8. #7
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    I raced a hemi the other day twice. Well they were not really a races considering that both of them started with me directly behind him. It was a new charger hemi with temp tags and everything. Damn that's an ugly ass car. Anyways, the first race was from a roll to about 60 or so. I stayed with him pretty good (STG 2 cobb). The second however kindof sucked. The light turned green with me still behind. I knew he would go for it since he had before, but I could not bring myself to launch since I knew I could seriously rear end him if he for some reason does not get off the line right. When it turned green he coasted for about a half second and then guns it chirping the tires. I was screwed, and had to feather the clutch for what felt like forever! He got about a car and a half away before I started to even up and reel him in a little then he backed of at about 70-75 mph. I never really got a chance to walk him at all. I caught up to him later and he had his window down. The guy was atleast 75-80 years old! Damn Grandpa! As I pulled up to him at the next light he goes" I justhad to di it" with a big old smile on his old face. I said to him " well you gotta have fun right!" He chuckled, we thumbed up and split. I guess he thought he won. Oh well I did my senior citizen charity for the year. If I see him again though I'm going to line him up even with him and smoke him like Whitney on crack!
    LOL. i bet it got him all nostalgic.


    Wait, were you in NC? and are u sure it wasnt a G35
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  9. #8
    Registered User scoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Columbus, Oh.
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    LOL. i bet it got him all nostalgic.


    Wait, were you in NC? and are u sure it wasnt a G35

    Yeah, he looked all teary-eyed and stuff. I kinda felt good for him I guess. Nope it was a charger. I guess I'm missing the joke? Is this about Raysfield maybe?
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

  10. #9
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Is this about Raysfield maybe?
    Yes lol.



    ...awaits the rath of the mafia.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  11. #10
    Registered User scoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Columbus, Oh.
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Yes lol.



    ...awaits the rath of the mafia.
    I gotcha bro.. But aren't you a blob-eye? hehehe It's all got as long as your a rexer! Hey is Raysfields ride pretty slick? Does he have any mods yet?
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

  12. #11
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    I gotcha bro.. But aren't you a blob-eye? hehehe It's all got as long as your a rexer! Hey is Raysfields ride pretty slick? Does he have any mods yet?
    Yea, we're new-new school lol. not really sure what to call us.

    Ray and i go back and forth. im sure he'll chime in w/ a little zing.

    His G is stock for now i think. Not too sure. Black 6spd. pretty sweet car, tho there are so many here in Boston that they have lost the awe factor. i drove a '04 6spd, nice car. his has even more power.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Richmond, KY
    Posts
    717
    I know the new charger is ugly and all but is it just me, or does it look like a very close Mustang sibling?

    <---Not a fan of the new Mustang looks.

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Newar, DE
    Posts
    55
    My last car before the rex was a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 w/ hemi. It was an impulse buy and I am still kicking myself. The $4000 that I lost in the 6 months that I owned it definitely could have been spent on other things (vf22 and front mount) but oh well. The truck was nice but when the novelty of having a loud as* exaust and big engine ran out and the gas mileage that I was realizing set in I knew I had to sell. Long story short, I love my WRX and wished I had bought it before the truck. I would be at a far superior level of modding and would no doubt have had a way better car purchasing experience.
    04 WRX Stage 2
    SPT Cat Back
    Short throw
    18in RH evolutions
    Turboxs RFL BOV
    HKS Shorty d/p with 3rd cat eliminator
    Invidia u/p

  15. #14
    Banned sonicrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ask you mom
    Posts
    779
    i will add my .02 on the hemi bit. any var with overhead cam,or cams is a hemi motor . so the chevy cavalier 2.0, 2.2 are hemis. the honda 2.0 is a hemi hemi is short for hemispherical and every car with overhead cams has a hemispherical shape cylinder head. just though i would offer that bit of worthless info so there hemi motors are not that special.

  16. #15
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    i will add my .02 on the hemi bit. any var with overhead cam,or cams is a hemi motor . so the chevy cavalier 2.0, 2.2 are hemis. the honda 2.0 is a hemi hemi is short for hemispherical and every car with overhead cams has a hemispherical shape cylinder head. just though i would offer that bit of worthless info so there hemi motors are not that special.
    thank you

    Now get all the major Car mags to print the technical info so that Daimler can get off its high horse.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •