Stg.2 wagon vs. Durango Hemi - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Stg.2 wagon vs. Durango Hemi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by WRXcelration nice kill...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice kill

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    i will add my .02 on the hemi bit. any var with overhead cam,or cams is a hemi motor . so the chevy cavalier 2.0, 2.2 are hemis. the honda 2.0 is a hemi hemi is short for hemispherical and every car with overhead cams has a hemispherical shape cylinder head. just though i would offer that bit of worthless info so there hemi motors are not that special.
    Finally somebody with there head out of there a$$. Hemi......Stupid! Thats like Subaru putting a dumba$$ turbo sticker on the trunk. No it's even dumber than that.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Finally somebody with there head out of there a$$. Hemi......Stupid! Thats like Subaru putting a dumba$$ turbo sticker on the trunk. No it's even dumber than that.
    It's a pretty nice motor, but I agree that the marketing of it is just retarded. It's definitely meant to appeal to the NASCAR set, like most of the obnoxious American car ad campaigns. My friend does have a modified Hemi Ram and it's a great looking and fairly quick truck.

Before he got headers, we raced a few times without me launching and I managed to start passing him around 30mph or so. His truck runs I think a 15.2 @ 90mph; it put down 272 (?) whp with mods. He's got a CAI, full exhaust, lots of suspension goodies, 22" rims/lots of other stuff, and now headers and maybe EM (not sure).
    Last edited by Integra96; 01-15-2006 at 06:14 PM.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    i will add my .02 on the hemi bit. any var with overhead cam,or cams is a hemi motor . so the chevy cavalier 2.0, 2.2 are hemis. the honda 2.0 is a hemi hemi is short for hemispherical and every car with overhead cams has a hemispherical shape cylinder head. just though i would offer that bit of worthless info so there hemi motors are not that special.
    Youíre definition wasn't entirely clear. The part that makes the engine a "Hemi" is the hemispherical shaped cylinder head (I donít think variable timing has anything to with it). It is also true that most modern engines utilize a hemispherical head shape.
    http://auto.howstuffworks.com/hemi2.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12