05 Accord V6 6pd vs. SRT-4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 05 Accord V6 6pd vs. SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SRT THIS So I roll by him and give him a BOV salute to see if he'll ...

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    So I roll by him and give him a BOV salute to see if he'll give one back
    How would he have did that back to you?

Good story though. Never really like the Accord at all. Just something about the looks of it I never really liked.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The new V6 Accord coupe w/ 6MT is a pretty nice car, but I think I'll pass on spending $30k on a FWD Honda coupe.

Yeah, it's built great, smooth engine, blah blah blah...but $30,000?!?! I'll take a Legacy GT for that kind of money and hand the Honduh its ass.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Yeah,

I didn't intent to come off as a ****head or anything. It's just that when I looked at the post and read "Honda Accord" then took a look at his avatar, it kind of threw me off guard.

Almost like reading something like, "I killed a Chevy Lumina with my 20G STi."

It's Cool

Quote Originally Posted by olsaltybastard
    Yeah,

I didn't intent to come off as a ****head or anything. It's just that when I looked at the post and read "Honda Accord" then took a look at his avatar, it kind of threw me off guard.

No worry's Bro, I wouldn't have posted this if it was just a regular run. He acted like a punk and had to post how it went down. I probably would have assumed the same if I saw GTO vs RSX-S and new automatic the GTO handed hi arse. Thanks to all for the cool comments
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Gracias

Quote Originally Posted by jonik
    Nice your SRT looks beautiful.
    Thanks G
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96

Yeah, it's built great, smooth engine, blah blah blah...but $30,000?!?! I'll take a Legacy GT for that kind of money and hand the Honduh its ass.
    Not exactly. You would edge it out from a dig because of your AWD advantage, but anything other than a dig and he is the one handing you your ass.

but yes, all things considered I would also take a LGT
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by olsaltybastard
    Yeah,

True, funny and sad story

My modded STi got beat by a stock Honda Accord V6 last winter on the highway (top end)

I was on my way home cruising about 80mph and this Accord V6 was in front of me and wouldn't move over. So I moved over to the inside lane and punched it to make the pass. He also punched it at the same time to keep me from passing. I started pulling real hard on him and just as I started pulling away , bamm (boost cut). He then quicky catches me and walks by me. It was pretty cold that day. Whenever I shifted into 5th gear I quickly boosted to 17.5 psi and hit fuel cut around 100mph or so. After hitting boost cut twice, I had to back off and drive very cautiously. I was pissed.

What pissed me off the most was that this guy in the Accord kept wanting to race me and there was nothing I could do about it. I'm sure he posted how he smoked a modded STi in some Honda forum.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, your car just wasn't running right. It's hard to give credit to the Accord for that.

Who cares if they could inch out a Legacy GT on the highway? Overall performance is about so many other things than a stupid race from a roll at high speeds.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Well, your car just wasn't running right. It's hard to give credit to the Accord for that.

Who cares if they could inch out a Legacy GT on the highway? Overall performance is about so many other things than a stupid race from a roll at high speeds.
    The LGT is def. more of a drivers car, there is no doubt about that... but it does not exactly blow the accord out of the waters like it seems you are perceiving. Both are great cars, but the LGT just seems like more of a European "drivers car" as opposed to the according having a bit more sophistication and style but falling behind in enthusiasm and performance.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

i woudlnt even be surprised if the accord hangs or takes lgt off a roll. Between the two i obviously would choose the lgt without any questions, especially with the prices being about the same. I did have an accord b4 my wrx but it was a 2002 4 cylinder accord and it was the most unfun car ever. My 96 corolla was more fun. Of course i bet the v6 is a lot different.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12