WRX vs. 911T
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. 911T within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well this was pretty embarrassing, yet also quite humbling Ran into a newer porsche 911T which is pretty Ironic because ...

WRX vs. 911T

well this was pretty embarrassing, yet also quite humbling

Ran into a newer porsche 911T which is pretty Ironic because me and tegs and have talking about them a bit lately and how they are bad ass and we will own one someday... well anyways, I am cruising on a 4 lane street on my way home from school at about 45mph. I see a nice silver 911 coming up that had just turned onto the street. I slow down to about 35mph (speed limit is 40mph) hoping he catches up so I can get a good look at it (these are one of my favorite cars). So he catches up and slowly passes me and I am in a complete daze just admiring his car as I see the "turbo" emblem shinning off of the trunk.
    I get to speed with him and keep looking at him.. after about 20sec of me staring at him he finally looks over and I give him two big THUMBS UP and he smiles and throws a thumb up back my way. (seemed like a cool guy, in his early 30's)........

So I get into 3rd gear and up to about 45mph again and lunge forward and starts to speed up..... I hit it and instantly put about 3 cars on him and keep gaining. At this point I realize he is not racing and shut it down at about 65mph feeling like a COMPLETE idiot. So I slow down and am kinda pissed he didn't want to run.. then he beeps at me, rolls down his window and signals his finger forward a bunch of times
    We get down to about 35mph and I am in boost in 2nd gear and hit it putting another good 2 cars on him rather quickly..... At this point I think he is just fcking with me and isnt going to race again! Then his front end lifts and within 2 sec he had made up 3 carlengths or more and makes me look like I slammed on the brakes even though i was full throttle in my catless wrx!

We did this a couple more times and even though everytime he would put like bus lengths on me within seconds it was so much fun! We come up on a left turn that we are both taking and we have the green arrow. I accelerate and he comes from the left lane, passes with complete EASE and gets in front of me taking that turn at probably 60mph, or atleast 20-30mph faster than my rex could ever dream of taking it.. It looked like his car hugged the road and it was freaking race car!

anyways, just a hell of a lot of fun and great a car I admire so much in action. I have ridden in them a couple times, even a modded one, but you can just never get enough

Heres a pic of the beast:
    traps nearly 20mph higher than my car

Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice death, those cars are gorgeous.

There is a dealer in my town (of 10,000 ppl) with a few 911's. He has a 911t that looks just like that, same color and all going for 55k. I've started saving

Quote Originally Posted by roo21
    nice death, those cars are gorgeous.

There is a dealer in my town (of 10,000 ppl) with a few 911's. He has a 911t that looks just like that, same color and all going for 55k. I've started saving

can you repeat that? 911 turbos selling for 55k?

WHAT

might not be a turbo, never really looked at it close. It looks just like that pic. And it is used so?

edit: talkd to my friend who knows the cars at the dealer pretty well and its a Carrera S4. Sorry for the confusion, but it does like similar to that 911
    Last edited by roo21; 05-12-2005 at 06:18 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    WOW.....I have a new favorite car. I'll always love the Shelby Cobra of the last 60's.......but my god. That is a wonderful car. What are the specs of those as I'm sure you have them handy and I'm to lazy to google. AWD?

I remeber seeing something on speed of a shop in LA that does nasty things to those motors. The one guy was talking like 900 HP in a street friendly car. He was some insane driver and just went through this busy as street cutting up cars like cheese. What an amazing car.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by roo21
    might not be a turbo, never really looked at it close. It looks just like that pic. And it is used so?

edit: talkd to my friend who knows the cars at the dealer pretty well and its a Carrera S4. Sorry for the confusion, but it does like similar to that 911
    Carrera 4S. Naturally aspirated 300hp but with all wheel drive and the turbo body. Still a nice car.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

I think one of my favorite street legal cars would be the Porsche GT-2 that I saw on the road the other day...oh so sexy. TWIN TURBO

Those 911Ts put 362 to the wheels on a dyno where a stock STi does 220.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

since no one has said it yet... the car makes my pants all hard
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    WOW.....I have a new favorite car. I'll always love the Shelby Cobra of the last 60's.......but my god. That is a wonderful car. What are the specs of those as I'm sure you have them handy and I'm to lazy to google. AWD?

I remeber seeing something on speed of a shop in LA that does nasty things to those motors. The one guy was talking like 900 HP in a street friendly car. He was some insane driver and just went through this busy as street cutting up cars like cheese. What an amazing car.
    It is a Porsche 911T

415hp (makes about 370whp), Twin Turbo, 6spd manual, weighs about 3300lbs, AWD.

runs the 1/4mile anywhere from (11.8 - 12.1) and traps about 117mph.

THEN you have the Porsche 911T GT2 version. Basically the same as the 911T but with better suspension, breaks, higher HP, etc.... basically its like the STi of the 911T

This car has 477hp (about 450whp) RWD and has phenominal handling and this freaking beast will run the 1/4 in mid 11's and trap a jaw dropping 121mph!!!!
    not to mention a 200mph top speed

Pics of GT2:

Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    I knwo about PCM and Traction control and what not, but would the RWD GT-2 be much better then the AWD version? IMO the AWD would launch harder and hold the road better with the same set up correct? I'm not a RWD hater just saying AWD is probaly more pereferable. Oh well..........either way that car is to nice. Do you really need anyting more then the 911T? The gt-2 might be "over" the top for most. Oh well...i'll go back to dreaming.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Not to mention the 0-100 time of the GT-2 which happens to be about 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    I knwo about PCM and Traction control and what not, but would the RWD GT-2 be much better then the AWD version? IMO the AWD would launch harder and hold the road better with the same set up correct? I'm not a RWD hater just saying AWD is probaly more pereferable. Oh well..........either way that car is to nice. Do you really need anyting more then the 911T? The gt-2 might be "over" the top for most. Oh well...i'll go back to dreaming.
    Porsche's don't really have the big traction issues that a front engine rwd car has.
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

God that is a secksy car!
    buddy of mine has a 944, he always told me it was an S4 turbo until I took a look under the hood. It was NA but still a very nice car, handles the twisties great!

for a car 4x the cost of your car, it better be able to run circles around you

nice death btw, now trade your wrx in for a GT-S cuz it has mad top end yo!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast