WRX vs. 911T - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. 911T within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know I'd be disappointed the first time I went WOT and realized I spent 0k+ for this? 115 mph ...

I know I'd be disappointed the first time I went WOT and realized I spent $100k+ for this?

115 mph is ok but it isn't woth six figures to me. Yeah, yeah, I know -- there's more to it than that, it's a Porsche, etc, etc. None of that floats my boat. You can make lots of cars handle just as well and go just as fast and spend far less than that. I'm not a brand worshiper - I don't care whose emblem is on the front and I certainly won't pay a premium for it.

FWIW, I have run a 911TT heads up and won by .02. We had both just arrived at the track after 2+ hours driving, both went straight to staging, and ran 'em like we drove in. His mph was higher by 4-5 but I got the green. Oh, and I had maybe $15k into my car including purchase.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

fre
    I agree with the above saying it's so good because it's a "porsche" or ferrari is lame. I bet I would drive one and be like ok .... it's nice, but it's no 200k. The fact that it has brake fade converns me not. My brakes hardly have fade either and I don't even make use of them as is cept to stop at the end of the strip.

If you have a lot of money and don't like building up cars I guess that would be the way to go though.

On a side note there have been a rich customer that could easily afford ferraris come to this shop I go to in Scottsdale, AZ with an sti and say make it as fast as you can. Even the rich realize driving around in a ferrari/porsche attracts too much damn attention.
    Last edited by fre; 05-15-2005 at 01:21 PM.
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    It is a Porsche 911T

415hp (makes about 370whp), Twin Turbo, 6spd manual, weighs about 3300lbs, AWD.

runs the 1/4mile anywhere from (11.8 - 12.1) and traps about 117mph.

THEN you have the Porsche 911T GT2 version. Basically the same as the 911T but with better suspension, breaks, higher HP, etc.... basically its like the STi of the 911T

This car has 477hp (about 450whp) RWD and has phenominal handling and this freaking beast will run the 1/4 in mid 11's and trap a jaw dropping 121mph!!!!
    not to mention a 200mph top speed
    Don't forget the Turbo S that makes 450.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    It's about the experience...reliability of these cars. The thing about porsche's is that owners track their cars regularly, and have little maintanence. They rarely break and semm to last forever. Think about how many porsche's you see on the road today that are over 20 years old and still running. The quality of workmanship is not anywhere close to even compare. Try looking at just the brake rotor one time. It's like 4 inches thick. These things are built to last. Granted, some people will be able to say that they have broken (abused) their porsches, but on a whole, these are damn fine cars. Well worth the money, but it's your call. I'd still take the Aston myself, but still admire these cars. BTW, it'll take a few years for me to forgive Porsche for the 997 body. The new one's are a return to the classic, but the ghost of those fugly headlights of the 997 will take time to heal.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by fre
    I would be scared that I would be dissapointed for the money you pay. I already have a comparable straight line vehicle that doesn't do bad at turns either. I'm sure it's more refined but I don't think I would see the 300k or whatever you pay for one in it. It does make a good status symbol though.
    That turbo under your hood looks pretty small

Got any vids of that badboy in action?? SOmething about the sound those Garrett ballbearing turbos make when they wake up is just intoxicating..
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    That turbo under your hood looks pretty small

Got any vids of that badboy in action?? SOmething about the sound those Garrett ballbearing turbos make when they wake up is just intoxicating..
    I have videos, but you can only hear the blowoff valve because they are track videos. The only way you could hear the turbo is if you had somebody videoing right in front of the car. My best run on video is 11.8 @ 119.9 mph. If you still want to see it I just need a server to host or let me know where I can put them up.

I have a few of from inside the car too, but you can only hear engine not turbo. I can only hear the turbo with the window rolled down. I hear it's loud when your next to my car though.
    11.1 @ 131

I'm a Porsche lover as well and while I definitely agree that buying a car for "status" is just retarded, saying I spent x-less dollars to go just as fast in a straight line, is silly as well. Your car might run 11.76 @ 120 (very impressive!) but lets see it do that after 10 years, run 5 20-30 minute sessions on a road course, etc. It's kind of like an old-school V8 guy saying why buy a $30k Evo when you can buy a Chevy Nova and have it run 10s or lower for $15k (my uncle had a 9 sec Nova and didn't spend very much)?

Granted $120k is a bit steep, but you are getting a good amount for your dollar. The potential of the Porsche is also much greater. Wider tires, bigger engine, better suspension, more potential period. If you have the money, the Porsche is the way to go. Though, with that said, as much as I hate to admit it, a C6 Z06 would be a better purchase.
    2005 Aspen White STi

dtr you need kyb's and new springs... you could have taken that corner
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

If DSMs are any indication, there'll be no problem for an 11-sec Evo to be doing fine 10 years down the road. An Evo (or STi for that matter) isn't exactly "lost" on a road course either. Porsche's are no more reliable than any other make; it's just their owners are more likely to maintain them properly. And, wheeee doggy (Uncle Jed), does that cost a pretty penny!

I probably won't make it to a road course, though I'd like to go to a class day or two at Road Atlanta. However, there's always the chance the average Joe will run into one in traffic, and that's when that "cheap straight line speed" comes into play.

Can you imagine the shock (and damaged ego) when a Porsche owner watches a 4 door Camry-looking car leave his six-figure sports car from the light? Of course my Legacy won't do that yet, but I should have some money soon and it should be enough to put the ol' LGT into the 11s and 120+ traps. First up: FP Green and a FMIC
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by GIRex
    dtr you need kyb's and new springs... you could have taken that corner
    lol, I wish. I am not sure there is anything I could have done to my suspension to allow me to handle that corner like he did... just ridiculous!
    but I will have an STi v7 suspension on next week

Quote Originally Posted by John M

Can you imagine the shock (and damaged ego) when a Porsche owner watches a 4 door Camry-looking car leave his six-figure sports car from the light?
    probably the same way an STi owner feels when he gets owned by a civic.
    Its all relative, and that really has no bearing. Any car will be fast with enough money.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

If DSMs are any indication, there'll be no problem for an 11-sec Evo to be doing fine 10 years down the road.
    Well, that is true, but I'm not really familiar with DSMs, other than what I read.

An Evo (or STi for that matter) isn't exactly "lost" on a road course either.
    What I meant was that I can't see a "stressed" Evo/STi/Civic/Corolla/whatever setup for fast 1/4 mile times surviving numerous full-out sessions on a road course. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that building up an Evo/STi is bad - far from it - but I just feel that the potential from the Porsche, or Z06, is just higher and it comes with a factory warranty. If done right, I guess any built-up car could last.

I just love the looks of a Porsche...especially the new style. I like the old-school-new-school match.
    2005 Aspen White STi

If DSMs are any indication, there'll be no problem for an 11-sec Evo to be doing fine 10 years down the road.
    do not neglect the fact that DSM's are not the most reliable cars out there. Easy to make fast, and able to handle tons of power? yes.
    But very few people purchase a used DSM without expecting a decent deal of reliability problems.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

$195K for a GT2? No thanks. I'll take a 40th anniversary 2006 Ford GT for only $135K. 550hp/500tq 0-60 in 3.3 seconds 11.4@128mph quarters

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    lol, I wish. I am not sure there is anything I could have done to my suspension to allow me to handle that corner like he did... just ridiculous!
    but I will have an STi v7 suspension on next week

probably the same way an STi owner feels when he gets owned by a civic.
    Its all relative, and that really has no bearing. Any car will be fast with enough money.
    How much did you pay for it?? i know sti syspension is expensive it seems that kyb agx's and a good progressive spring would handle a lot better.
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

Quote Originally Posted by mball
    $195K for a GT2? No thanks. I'll take a 40th anniversary 2006 Ford GT for only $135K. 550hp/500tq 0-60 in 3.3 seconds 11.4@128mph quarters

Um, sorry no ****ing way will I EVER take a Ford over a Porsche.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.