03 wrx vs 04 STI

This is a discussion on 03 wrx vs 04 STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 03 mods: VF30 Sti pink 255 walbro fuel pump perrin fmic w/ perrin shorty erz uppipe/downpipe greddy SP2 catback ecutek ...

03 wrx vs 04 STI

03 mods:
    VF30
    Sti pink
    255 walbro fuel pump
    perrin fmic w/ perrin shorty
    erz uppipe/downpipe
    greddy SP2 catback
    ecutek

i dyno around 270whp on 91 cali gas

04 sti mods:
    manual boost controller
    other parts unknown
    pretty much stock

We saw each on the street and then his friend ask us if we want to race the sti from the dig. We agreed and went to the a private place and line up. We did a countdown and i got a half a car jump on the sti but then the sti just flew by in second gear and got about a car and half jump on me. I redline on 2nd and 3rd but still lost by a car (it wasnt really a quarter mile but shorter).
    The second time, the same thing happen, i jump a half a car but this time he jump 2 car on me. i didn't redline but my 3rd gear was pretty laggy but when the boost hit, I endup just losing by a car again.
    I'm just wondering the car look stock and wondering how did he put a 2 car lead when i got him from the dig? i heard from the other people that know the sti owner, said he was using nitrous and got way better tires then me (i got ziex all season tires )
    Last edited by llhype12ll; 05-12-2005 at 04:32 PM. Reason: forgot to mention i got ecutek too

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

VR4
    you = 270whp --> him = not stock
    Helix UP/TBE, ECUTEK
    230whp / 225 wtq

2005 Yamaha R1 Raven Black

If he was using nitrous... that is not stock at all. Clearly he had something going on you didnt know about.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

you gotta pack teh nos when cruzin socal. I'm yet to loose to an STi. (crosses fingers)

planning to get smc alcohol injection and get dan at harman dyno and tune it. about the 50 shot, I'm not sure if my engine and tranny can handle both (alky injection and 50 shot). But I might just carry the 50 shot just incase
    Last edited by llhype12ll; 05-12-2005 at 04:57 PM.

He is not stock, My friend has a stock STi with just a K&N air filter and we raced from a 25mph roll and I pulled from the begining and got 3 1/2 to 4 cars on him by the time we hit 100mph. He also powershifts and I don't. Your setup is very close to mine so he had something done to the car.
    2004 WRX Black,K&N Air filter,Turbo XS utec,3" Turbo XS turbo back stainless exhaust,Turbo XS uppipe,VF-39 Turbo Perrin BOV, DC racing 550 Injectors ,Walboro fuel pump, NGK iridium spark plugs ,Defi Boost and EGT Gauges,( 280 awhp SAE and 270 awtq SAE ).