Cobb Stg2 vs. Honda Del Slo

This is a discussion on Cobb Stg2 vs. Honda Del Slo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Actually, this del sol wasn't that slow... I was tailing a del sol for about a light or two and ...

Cobb Stg2 vs. Honda Del Slo

Actually, this del sol wasn't that slow... I was tailing a del sol for about a light or two and noticed it was lowered had blue rims to match the car's paint (not a fan of that style), a stock looking exhaust... so I didn't think much of it.

We both end up in a 2 lane left turn lane with me on the inside and him next to me. I didn't think he was gonna try anything but just in case I kept it in 1st gear going through the turn and next thing I know he's getting on the gas. I punch it through the turn and shift to 2nd and start to let up a little thinking he's probably way back there but to my surprise he's only a car back. I get back on the gas and get through second and he's still right there next to me. I let up at about 65mph figuring that's plenty for the street and he passes me.

I don't know what that little honda had but it was definitely not stock. At first I thought it may have had turbo but the lil punk rev'd at me a few times after the race and it sounded like an all-motor setup.. no BOV but rather a buzzy rev. Maybe it was the b16 del sol with type-r internals. It didn't beat me but still, it stayed with me so I'll give it respect.

More reason for me to upgrade to cobb 2.5

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

most likely swap or built motor. theres a blue del sol around here ive run a couple times. loud ass exhaust. this last time we we went he was maybe half a car length behind me, i was in third gear (dont remember how fast, but i was right in the sweet spot ready to pounce) and then i heard him get on it so i let him get a little bit of a run and as soon as he got to my back bumper i punched and put a half a car on him again, but then after that he hung right back there thru third and most of 4th before i shut it down. we got stopped at the next light and he was actually surprised he hung so well. he wouldnt tell me what he had but he did say he was all motor and running 11.1 compression ratio. he seemed like a cool guy so i gave him props.

oh, and im cobb stg2 +RA gears

remmeber with a good motor and a ligth car you dont need much thats why many people get a 95 or so eg hatch and drop a k20 in there.. but thats cool though .

I Support ClubWRX
    With a stock appearing exhaust you wouldnt hear much of a jackson racing supercharger either. little whine but not too much of one

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC